The Start of the Chase

A Girl Who Does Not Make Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            They broke apart, both blushing furiously at their unintended display of affection.

            “Oppa—”

            “No, Mong Ji, you don’t have to say anything. I know it was just for show.” Gary shushed her before he could get rejected again.

            Ji Hyo was hurt by what he had said. Just when she had finally realized her feelings for him, it suddenly seemed as if he wasn’t interested in her anymore. Then she thought to herself, was this how Gary had felt like all those years? Always reaching out to her and always getting rejected? Whatever hurt she felt at his rejection was immediately replaced by guilt.

            “Oppa, come on, I’ll treat you to dinner for saving me.”

            “You don’t have to do that, Mong Ji. I’m just being a good friend, as always.” Gary said, not realizing that the last statement seemed to drip with bitterness.

            Ji Hyo then decided that she could no longer afford to hurt this man and that it was her turn to be brave.  She thought to herself,“I’m chasing after you this time, Kang Gary. God help you.”

            “Oh, oppa, it’s so silly for you to think you have a choice.” Ji Hyo airily said, grabbing his arm and half-pulling him to the next restaurant.

            “Yah, Ji Hyo-ah, what are you doing?” Gary panicked.

            “Didn’t you just whisper to the crowd earlier that I was your wife? Then act like you’re my husband, oppa!” Ji Hyo said, grabbing his arm even tighter and slipping her hand into his, intertwining their fingers, refusing to let him go. “Aria? Hmm. Sounds good! I want pizza and pasta! What are you having oppa?”

            “You mean you’re eating the pizza and pasta by yourself?” Gary asked, eyes wide.

            Ji Hyo nodded innocently, causing Gary to laugh out loud. “You really are one of a kind, Song Ji Hyo.”

            “I know, oppa. I’m so glad you realize that.” Ji Hyo said, acting innocent, perusing the menu.

            “What did you say?” Gary asked, his heart being thoroughly confused.

            “Nothing oppa. I hear their carbonara pasta and margherita pizza are good here!”

            “Alright, I’ll have that then.”

            “Ey, oppa, that’s what I want to order! You should get something else so we can share our food!” Ji Hyo protested, pouting.

            “I saved you, remember? I should get the best meals!”

            Ji Hyo pouted some more, “Oppa, can you really resist me?”

            Gary took one look at her y face, made cute by her pout and surrendered. “No, I never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter