Conversations

A Girl Who Does Not Make Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “I’m going to win him back, unnie.” Ji Hyo’s voice rang true and clear over the phone.

            Ha Na clutched at her heart, trying to stop the wide smile that was spreading on her face. “Are you sure, Sung Im? You better be sure. You can’t hurt that boy anymore, arasso?”

            “So, you knew unnie? About his feelings for me?”

            “Girl, you’re the only one who didn’t know.” Ha Na reprimanded her. “Pabo.”

            “I really am, unnie. A pabo. A girl who does not make sense.”

            “Hey, at least you realized your mistake. Better late by 4 years than never!”

            “What about the company, unnie? My image? If this comes out, I’m not sure my career will recover.”

            “Is that what you really care about, Sung Im?”

            “I’ve worked so hard to get to where I am, unnie.”

            “Then decide for yourself. I can’t do that for you.” There was a long pause. Ha Na opened to speak but she was cut off by Ji Hyo’s next statement.

            “But I’m already in my mid-30’s. I don’t want to end up alone for the rest of my life. I want to be with Gary. I want to be with him so much it hurts. Of course, that is, if he still wants to be with me.”

            Ha Na smiled, thinking to herself, “finally, Song Ji Hyo. Finally.”

            Ji Hyo hung up the phone, still thinking about her conversation last night with Gary. After her explosive statement, he had clammed up. It was clear he was thinking about what she said and he was recognizing that she was right.  Before he could beat himself up for being a pabo, Ji Hyo pulled him up.

            “Oppa, let’s not waste our time here in paradise over what could have beens or what should have beens. Let’s just—be.”  Ji Hyo urged, smiling up at him.

            Gary nodded his assent, but judging from the expression on his face, he was still clearly troubled. Damn honest face.

            “It’s getting late. Walk me to my hotel, oppa?” Ji Hyo asked, to which Gary could only mutely nod again.

            As they walked to Shang-ri La, Ji Hyo kept up the constant chatter of conversation while Gary mostly just walked silently next to her. Ji Hyo filled him in on the latest activities of the Running Man members. Suk Jin had finally invested in real estate and it had started to pay off already. Kwang Soo was finally getting the recognition he deserved because of his new drama, It’s Ok, That’s Love. Critics were raving about his performance. HaHa and Byul are thinking of adding another child to their family and maybe even recording a reggae al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter