I'll never go

I'll Never Go

 

Looking blankly at the ceiling above me, I waited for my alarm clock to ring its way to me so I could have the reason to get up. It was a rainy sunday morning and I was feeling down. I didn't know what was it that made me feel like this, not to mention it's my day-off at work. I must feel happy or excited since I could spend the whole day with the person I love the most.

*RIIIIIIIIIIING*

My alarm clock erupted a loud annoying sound, that gave me a reason to stand up and turn it off. I placed my hands on my sides and sighed as I took my towel and turned the heater on so I could have a nice warm bath on a cold rainy morning.

The sound of the rain outside dominated the sound of the shower which once again made me feel down. I let the water flow from my head down to my toes as I stare blankly at the duck printed shower curtain. I sighed before cleaning myself with my favorite shampoo and soap.

After the long, long, long bath I took, I went to the sink to brush my teeth, dry and style my hair, and check if something's wrong with my face. 

Time to unveil my inner faXIUMINsta. Get it? I replaced -shionis to xiumin...

*sigh*

I couldn't even make myself laugh. What's happening to me?

 

I walked to my closet and took the set of clothes which was bought by the person I love and cherish the most. I finally smiled as I put it on and checked everything before going out. I took my bag, phone and keys wearing an emotionless expression again after the first smile I ever had since I woke up. I dashed my way out of my apartment to my car and literally threw everything I carried with me on the passenger seat. 

I drove out of the parking area without even knowing where I'll go. Maybe going to his apartment and surprise him with breakfast and flowers, since it's a bit early, would do.  I went to the usual Flower shop I always go whenever I think of surprising him on his birthdays, our special days and even on ordinary days. This flowershop sells newly picked fresh flowers everyday. The lady even know me too well and would prepare the usual bouquet I buy all the time whenever I go here. They would even give me discounts since I'm a regular customer here. 

When I entered the shop, all drenched up by the heavy rain, the shop owner looked at me with sad eyes. I didn't know why but she just looked at me that way before giving me a bouquet of Blue Primrose Flowers, which is not the usual bouquet I buy.

"If you give Primrose flowers to your lover, is the same as telling them that you can't live without them." She said as I bowed my head before giving her the cash but she didn't take it. I don't know why though.

Next stop is our favorite coffee shop. I bought his favorite waffle and a cup of Americano. Since it was a bit early, there were few customers that came here which made it easier for me to take my orders. I also ordered a cup of cappuccino for myself and went straight to my car.

 

This morning was a bit strange for me. Waking up feeling down on a workless day, went to a flower shop with a sad lady on the counter and the weather really matched up with my mood but, I felt something even more strange when my hand automatically the opposite direction to where his apartment was. I was feeling strange and reluctant at the same time not knowing the real reason why. Did I forget something? Was I missing something? What's wrong with me?

After a quick drive from the coffee shop, I found myself parking on the parking area of a hospital. I didn't know why I went here and who am I going to visit but, all I know is that I have to go here. 

I took the flowers, coffees and the waffles with me as I entered the hospital. I went straight towards the crowded elevator and pushed myself in. Luckily, I wasn't that heavy to cause an overload.

When the door opened on the fourth floor, I immediately ran towards the door with the name of the person I love sticking on it.

I was shocked.

What happened? What's the reason behind all this? What made him sick? Why did I not know this? Why is he there? Why am I here? Why? Why?

These are the questions that run in my head but my mouth wasn't working. I didn't speak a word and showed no emotion. I knocked at the door twice before a nurse suddenly opened the door and left with some medical tools with her. I hurriedly went inside only to see him lying on the bed looking weak and pale.

"Chen." I said before he smiled and told me come closer to him with his hand.

"Do you need something?" I asked. I smiled at him though I'm on the verge of crying. What happened to him? Why does he look so pale and weak? 

"I need you." He whispered. I took a chair from behind and held his hand as I gently kissed it. I can feel his bones from holding his hands and his skin hanging when he raises it. He's really thin.

"Don't cry. You make me want to cry too. Smile Xiumin." He said as I wiped away the tears that fell from my eyes.

"See? I'm smiling. So you have to work hard so you can get out of here okay? We still have a lot of things to do. A lot of places to go and a lot of people to meet. We still have to get married and have children right? you told me you wanted to have a son first before a daughter right? so when some tried to hurt our beloved daughter, her big brother would beat the out of that right? not to mention us." I said as I smiled at him. He smiled at me as he cupped my face and slowly pulled me closer to his face. He kissed me and pulled away right after.

"I love you Xiumin. Live happily and keep moving forward." He said as both of his hands started to slip away from my face. His eyes were slowly closing and his skin became paler than before. 

 

 

The heart monitor made a flat sound. With that, I fell on the floor and stared at his lifeless arm. I can't believe he died in front of me. He just left me. Right in front of me.

"Chen? wake up baby? I know you're just teasing me.Hey. Wake up. I brought Americano and waffles for you. They're really good. I'll eat it if you won't wake up Chen." I said as I grabbed his favorites and stuffed everything in my mouth as big drops of tears flowed from my eyes down to my cheeks.

"Chen! Aren't you angry at me for eating your favorite?! Chen! Please! Don't die on me! Don't leave me! I can't lie without you! CHEN!!!" I shouted but he was still lying there, lifeless.

"NURSE!!! DOC!!!! HELP ME!!! HE'S DYING!!!!!! HELP HIM!!! PLEASE!!!" I shouted as a doctor and some nurses rushed to the room bringing a defibrillator. 

"clear." He says as he pressed the two irons on Chen's chest as he bounced up. It pains me seeing him lying in there, lifeless.

"clear." He says once again as he did the same. I was about to run to them and stop him from hurting my poor Kim Jong-Dae but two nurses suddenly stopped me from interrupting them.

"CHEN!!!! CHEN!!!!!! CHEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!" I shouted.

The doctor took his stethoscope and checked all his vital organs. After a while, he took his stethoscope off and placed a white cloth above his head.

"Time of death 8:25 am. I'm sor-" I cut him off by shouting,

"NO! HE IS NOT DEAD! HE'S STILL ALIVE SEE?!" I shouted as I removed the white cloth that covered his face but the doctor returned it and shook his head from left to right telling me that he can't do anything about him.

"WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?! HUH?! YOU STUDIED MEDICINE FOR HOW MANY YEARS JUST FOR THIS?! YOU CAN'T EVEN SAVE A LIFE! THE LIFE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON OF MY LIFE! WHY?! CHEN IS STILL ALIVE!" I shouted again but the doctor still won't speak.

"CHEN! WAKE UP! CHEN! CHEN! WAKE UP!!! CHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!

WAKE UP!! WAKE UP!!!!

WAKE UP! CHEN!!!!

WAKE UP!!!

WAKE UP!!

WAKE UP!

WAKE UP!

WAKE UP!!! CHEN!!

WAKE UP!! CHEN!!! CHEN!!! CHEN!!!

WAKE UP!

WAKE UP!

CHEN!

WAKE UP!

CHE..MIN

XIUMIN!

XIUMIN! BABY!!

XIUMIN!! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! HEY!" a familiar voice shouted.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!" I shouted that moment my eyes opened wide.

I-it was just a dream?

The voice that shouted "wake up" suddenly changed and I felt cold sweat all over my neck and forehead.I looked around to see who was with me the whole time and panicked.

"xiumin?! What happened?!" And there I saw a worried Chen Chen beside me shaking me to get a hold of myself. I cried the moment I saw his face and hugged him really tight.

"What's wrong? You making strange sounds while you were sleeping. nightmare?" He asked in a soft and comforting voice. I nodded as I burried my face on his chest. I couldn't stop crying and thanking that he was alive right here beside me. He's really alive right? Or is this another nightmare?

"You're alive right?" I said. I felt his chest rise and fall rapidly as he laughed like I made the funniest joke in the world.

"Why are you laughing??? I'm being serious here!" I said as I looked at him and playfully punched his chest.

"Yes baozi. I'm alive and was sleeping beside you the whole time." He said as he cupped my cheeks and smiled.

"prove it." I said. He once again laughed but I made sure to look serious so he would know.

"fine." He said as he pulled me closer for a kiss. My eyes widen as I felt my heart beat faster. I can feel the heat he's emitting while we're kissing. I closed my eyes and slowly pinched myself.

"ow!" I said breaking the kiss.

"what's wrong?" He asked. I smiled and hugged him. It was warm and comfortable. It calmed me down.

"I was just making sure that this is real." I said. He pulled away and cupped my cheeks once again.

"we are real and I will never leave you." He said and hugged me once again.

"I'll always be here okay? Let's sleep." He said as I closed my eyes once again still hugging him because I don't want to have that kind of nightmare ever again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N):

SURPRISE!!!! I hope you all liked it! :D