Chapter 6

Love Academy

Today is the day of Yonghwa's concert. He gave Yoona a ticket and prepared a seat for her. She want to meet Yonghwa's expectation, so she keep on checking the clothes she has picked out  yesterday in front of a mirror.

(Yoona : Yes,should be fine...)

Yoona hope she wouldn't look too funny in a classical music concert. She turned around in front of the mirror.

(Yoona : good and ready to go!!)

There is still some time until the concert. But she want to be there as soon as she can. She put on the shoes that she has prepared for today. She was about to head out when all of a sudden,her phone rang. She wonder who is calling.

X : Yoon noona?

Yoona : Yes? And you are?

X : It's Luhan.

Yoona : Yes Luhan,what's the matter?

Luhan : My brother has fallen sick.

Yoona : What?! How is he doing right now?

Yoona was panicked by Luhan's words.

(Yoona : Donghae? Why? It was only yesterday that we were talking to each other as usual..We were discussing who's going to be in what class starting in the new school year...I said jokingly that I on't want to be in the same class with you anymore, and you looked kind of sad back then..)

Luhan : Noona,are you listening?

Yoona : Erm..I'm sorry.

Luhan : I understand your confusion,but please calm down.

Luhan as younger boy,is calmer than her in this situation.

(Yoona : Right...I guess Donghae's situation shouldn't be too bad...)

Luhan : I'll be frank,my brother's health is decilining rapidly..

Yoona can't believe that just when she was feeling relieved, Luhan hit her with those words.

Luhan : You should know that my brother is frail since the beginning,right?

Yoona : But, that is when he was a child..

Luhan : He's just pretending to be fine. Besides, I bet he must be pushing himself to get to the academy that's located in another district.

Yoona : What..? (Did Donghae's health got worse that going to school is a torture to him?)

Luhan : Anyway,can you come to the hospital? I think my brother may be hospitalized for quite some time..

Yoona  : (He'll be hospitalized for some time..) N-ne..

She can feel the pain in her chest after hearing that. Yoona asked about the location of the hospital and she planned to head there. There is still time until Yonghwa's concert. It seems there is enough time for her to get to the hospital before the concert. Yoona left her place in a hurry. She rarely get a chance to visit a big hospital. Not to mention visiting a patient there. She asked the receptionist for Donghae's room and hurried herself there. She saw Donghae's name on the plate and she knew that his hospitalization isn't a joke. She prepared herself and entered the room.

Yoona : Excuse me.

She entered with a knock. Yoona found Donghae in a bed with Luhan sitting beside him.

Donghae : Yoona?

Donghae smiled at her as usual. However,it's painful to see Donghae in the hospital bed. Looking round the plain and dull room, she regretted that she didn't bring any flowers.

(Yoona : I left home in hurry without thinking properly..)

She started approaching Donghae.

Yoona : That's great! You seem to be fine.

Yoona smiled as she felt a little bit at ease. She don't know what she can do if his condition is very serious. Since his condition isn't too bad, Yoona guess that she could meet him from time to time.

Luhan : I called you here for my brother.

Saying so,Luhan prepared a chair for her. She sat and looked at Donghae's face up front. She realized he looks paler than before being so close to him.

Donghae : Everyone's just exaggerating my condition. I'm fine, I don't really need to stay in the hospital.

Luhan : Hyung! Don't say that. You must look after your health!

Luhan motioned to Yoona with his eyes. She guess Luhan haven't told Donghae that there's a chance that he'll have to stay in the hospital for some time.

(Yoona : ...or maybe Donghae's condition is too serious that Luhan couldn't say anything to his brother.)

Yoona stopped her train of thoughts realizing it's getting worse.

Yoona : You gave me a surprise!

Donghae : I'm sorry, but you look pretty today.

Donghae took a good look at her.

Yoona : Ah yes! It's Yonghwa's concert so I....

Donghae : I see...so it's today. I guess you better hurry.

Yoona : Ermm..it's okay, I don't have to go. (I'm sure Yonghwa can still do his very best even if I'm not there.)

But, Donghae looks troubled.

Donghae : You must keep your promise,Yoon.

Luhan : Hyung! That means Yoona noona choose that guy over you!

Luhan wanted to continue,but Donghae stopped him.

Donghae : I'm fine. Why don't you go to the concert now? You'll be late.

Luhan said something inaudible,but he didn't say anything more. Then Luhan shot a glare at her.

(Yoona : I will be back here soon.)

She closed her eyes and decided. Yoona stood up and held Donghae's hand.

(Yoona : What..?..I-I didn't realize earlier,but it seems that Donghae's hand is getting skinnier...Did his lose all that weight in just a short time..?)

Donghae wrists coming out of the sleeves look frail and pale. Yoona started to fear for the worst.

(Yoona : Is Donghae really going to be okay?)

Donghae has noticed her anxiety,he retrieved his hand away from Yoona's slowly. And he pets her head lightly.

Donghae : Take care, go to the concert. I'll take it easy for a while.

Yoona : Erm..

She nooded lightly. She really want to ask what's going with Donghae and how he could ger better right then and there. She want to ask about it all. But of course,she couldn't ask such things. Yoona left the room while Donghae watches over her gently. After eaving the hospital, Yoona couldn't forget Donghae's hand. Taking a train in the direction she've never ridden,the train took her underground.

(Yoona : Huh?)

The train she planned to ride on has stopped functioning as a result of an accident.

(Yoona : No way! What about other trains?)

Thinking about it, there were announcements repeated many times in the train,but she didn't hear them because she was thinking about Donghae. She tried to check the infomation for the next train,but she couldn't because the reception was bad.

(Yoona : Why must this happen to me at a time like this?)

Yoona just realized she has been thinking about Yonghwa uncounsciously. When she checked her missed call history, realized Yonghwa has been calling her all this time. She started shedding her tears,and although she know people stopped to look at her from time to time,she just couldn't stop.

(Yoona : I see, the person I like is Yonghwa...)

At last, she realized her feeling...Yoona immediately asked the staff about the next train that she could go on and she head to Yonghwa's concert. However,when she got there, the doors were already closed. She has missed the entrance time. By the time she reached the concert, the last song is about to be over and she could only stand there at the door listening to the song. Yoona watched as the live piano plays and the video playing in the lobby.

(Yoona : I wonder if there'll be an encore?)

Yet, she know nothing about the audience or the theme of today's performance while she stand in the lobby. However,it seems Yonghwa's performance is a little rough. but Yoona guess Yonghwa wouldn't let this happen. 

(Yoona : He makes his own music,so he must be playing it very well.)

When she thought so,there was a round of applause.

(Yoona : The concert is over?)

When Yoona got to the entrance,she saw many people coming out. It seems there isn't an encore after all.

Audience A : The son of Jung JiTaek isn't worth all that reputation at all.

Audience B : He got his fame thanks to his father.

Audience C : His performance today was mediocre. I bet he must be using his father's fame to get all that money from the concert.

Yoona saw some audince came out from the concert with a scornful laugh. She was somewhat furious and wanted to grab their collar. Yet,when she look closely, the rest of the audince are also looking very dissapointed as well.

(Yoona : Yonghwa..what's going on?)

Yoona can't believe the person who loves his own music so much can make such a huge mistake. She went to the backstage immediately. There weren't a lot of people there. She knocked on the door and heard Yonghwa's voice.

Yonghwa : Who is it?

Yoona : Yonghwa,it's me..

The moment she answered,Yonghwa opened the door.

Yoona : I'm sorry..

She can't see Yonghwa's face because she lowered her head to apologize to him as soon as he opened the door. The silence carried on for some time.

Yonghwa : Why?

Yoona : Hmm?

Yonghwa : I'm asking why you were absent from the concert.

Yoona looked up slowly.

Yoona : When I was about to leave my house, I got a call saying that Donghae fell ill and then I--

Yonghwa frowned when he heard Donghae  fell ill. But he is still looking at her unhappily.

Yoona : An accident occured in the subway and my phone didn't work..

Yoona know what she was saying may sound like an excuse to Yonghwa,so she started getting frustrated. She couldn't imagine this series of events would unfold when she left her house.

Yonghwa : That's enough.

Yoona : Hmm?

When she looked up,Yonghwa said coldly again.

Yonghwa : That's enough,get out.

Yoona : But Yonghwa---

Yoona tried to get his arm,but she missed. Yonghwa sent her out of the backstage and closed the door on her.

(Yoona : Yonghwa..I'm so sorry..I know how much you anticipated my attendence,but I just...I can understand how much this promise meant to you..)

Especially to Yonghwa,who plays delicate music,he is even more vulnerable if there is a small change of plan..

(Yoona : Have I done something that I can't make up for?)...