II.

Saudade

Thanks for the comments guys :')

I think rather than writing an ongoing piece, I'm just gonna fill this thing with random drabbles because I have neither the patience, creativity or concentration to write or continue stories for more than like, three paragraphs. Sorry if it's too short, confusing and repetitive. I'm pretty at this (are we allowed to swear on aff? I don't think I can write anything without swearing).

 


 

Taeyeon is sure that she has found her soulmate, and not in any romantic way. She doesn’t remember the last time she didn’t romanticise a friendship, so she finds it odd that her breath doesn’t hitch when Jessica is near, that she doesn’t overthink her actions around the girl. Taeyeon doesn’t remember when she started to feel comfortable enough to throw her head back in laughter, without restricting herself or thinking about how ugly she looks while doing so. 

The two share a bond that Taeyeon found much deeper, but not as romantic, as love. It'
s an unspoken bond that doesn't need to be vocalised to be real. And Taeyeon loves that she doesn't need to talk about herself for Jessica to understand her. She doesn't like to talk about herself. It isn’t because she has some weird issue with sharing, she just genuinely thinks there’s nothing interesting about herself to tell. So when Jessica turns to her and murmurs, “I would be so bored without you,” Taeyeon feels a sense of relief (of what, she isn’t sure).

Taeyeon doesn’t need a soulmate, but she needs Jessica. And she thanks God every day that she has her.