Where I can't turn back

When the Sun is Taken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the Sun is Taken

When the Sun is Taken

(Final)

(Final)

Sitting on this couch brings back those memories when Luhan and I first met. I was foolish back then. Falling in love at first sight? Yup, That’s how I felt when I first met Luhan during high school. We were about to sit on a couch fit for only 1 person. I remember when Luhan didn't want to give up that couch to me. He’s so childish.

 

“Yah! Aren’t you going to get up?!” Luhan said with his arms folded, waiting for me to answer. I continued to play on my phone.

Aren't guys suppose to be gentlemen? Can't he just let a girl who's tired after practicing a drama for our senior farewells sit on the couch? But instead, tells me to get up. He is so-not-a-gentlemen. I haven’t looked at his face yet, but I can bet that his face is just as annoying as his bratty attitude.

“Seriously, when are you planning to get up? Do you know who you're messing with? Continue sitting there if you want, I’m just going to tell my fans to rip you apart. Do you want me tell them or not? Yes or no?” he kept bickering.

I tilted my head to see this guy's face. He had an angelic-look that made my heart skip a beat. It was as if the world stopped for a while, I couldn't figure out why I kept looking at his face while he showed his annoyance.

“What are you looking at? And why are you silent, does that mean ‘yes’?”

I just got up, shooing away the thought of him being a lovely boy when in reality he’s not. I began to say something to him.

“You know what, silence doesn’t always mean 'yes.' It can mean ‘I’m too tired to explain things to a person that is unworthy of my time’. So you know what, You can have the couch for the rest of your life, and send my regards to your so-called-fans.”

I simply walked away leaving his mouth agape, hanging there. After leaving the room, I could breathe in oxygen again. I can't describe what happened to me, is this what people call 'Love at first sight?’

 

I remember always fighting with him whenever we'd see each other, but yet at the same time we were getting closer to each other. I even met his friends and their so-called EXO group. My feelings were steadily getting stronger whenever he'd cling his arm around my shoulder. My heart would skip a beat seeing his face get closer to mine. But hearing about this certain line, my heart almost erupted….

 

 

He's getting married…

 

 

I have tried everything to calm my heart but at last, tears were still streaming down my cheeks. I began to remember what my mom always says; tears are suppose to be for happiness, never to be let out when broken hearted. But right now, I am a mess. I barely spoke a word to Luhan. I couldn't even muster a 'Congratulations’ nor ‘I object to this marriage’.  The only things I did was hug my knees and get under my blanket on my bed. I was thinking whether I should confess or not, but then I realized that…

 

 

I should move on…

 

 

| Wedding Day |

 

I look at myself in the mirror as I put my hair into a bun style. I pick out a formal dress, since it’s a wedding ceremony, and look again into the mirror.

‘Should I do this?’

As I was thinking, something snapped me out of my thoughts, my phone was ringing. I picked up my phone to see it was Baekhyun calling me, My best buddy. I didnt really feel like answering the phone because I already knew what he was going to say. I put down my phone with a sigh.

‘I shouldn’t be selfish.’ I told myself.

I sat on my bed while thinking of Baekhyun’s opinion from the other day. I'm not sure which answer I should choose yet, what’s right and what’s wrong.

 

“You should tell him.”

“No."

Baekhyun looked at me with a shocked face. Earlier I had told him that I loved Luhan. He eagerly wanted me to confess to him, but I want to know how can you confess to someone that is to be married in a week? You shouldn’t be selfish, right? For me, Luhan’s happiness is my happiness. So just hurting myself? I'll be okay. I’m used to it.

“What the freak are you talking about?  A minute ago you told me, better yet confessed to me that you love him. Why can’t you tell him how you feel? He needs to know about it. You know that if he were to know that we kept a secret from him, he’ll be pretty mad.”

What he said was true, all of it. I was quiet as I just stayed thinking. All i've been doing is thinking, maybe I'm alive for thinking along with not acting out my feelings. Suddenly, I felt Baekhyun hold on to my shoulder, while lifting my face to his. I burst into tears.

“Baekhyun...”

“Do something, Sora.”

“I can’t.”

“Fine, then don’t! Let's see how your life is after this."

He turned his back and left me alone.

 

I stood up to take my car key from the hook. I slipped on my wedges and got in my car, driving away.

When the traffic light turned red, I received a message from Baekhyun.

“I'm sorry that I left you, but I hope you come to your senses and do something. You must come to the wedding, we wouldn't want our groom to be upset would we?” – Baekhyun

 

I know Baek… I’m coming ... I'll do something…

Send

I put my phone back into its original place. I continued driving again when the light turned green.

 

 

|At Church|

Finally, I arrived at the church. I locked my car and walked up the path towards the groom’s guest side. I gave my invitation card to one of the people by the main door, seeing Baekhyun waving at me. I was going to come to him, but he came to me.

“Hey, let’s go inside, Luhan is searching for you."

As I walked inside the groom's room, I saw Luhan. He wore his manly face along with a neat suit and tie. He smiled right away when he saw me. I thought he was going to be disappointed to see that I came late.

“Hey, you! How dare you come late on my wedding day?” He said pointing his finger at me.

I just giggled and put down his finger.

“Traffic.”

I began to remember those words Baekhyun said, and they started to interfer with my conversation with Luhan.

“If you left earlier, you wouldn't have been stuck in traffic.”

“Yeah, Baekhyun was right.”

I just shook my head. Obviously my brain just wants to pick on me. I’ll just ignore it.

“S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter