2/2

Ladies' Night

"I'm straight," Sungjong said, nodding once.

"Aye, damnit. You just disappointed the lesbians in the house!" The host laughed, and everyone laughed with her. "Just kidding. Okay, going once, twice..!"

Sungjong was standing on the counter, getting mocked, looking lost and he was taking in every rude remark with as much backbone as he could... but I felt like I needed to step in.

"20 000 won!" I said, and Sungjong looked straight at me. I could see his dark eyes staring back at me. Then, I felt everyone else was doing the same.

"SOLD!" The host lady clapped her hands. And everyone cheered.

"Oh my God!" Heebyul gasped, looking at me. I felt a suddenly blush spread over my face. "Yah, did you just—"

"Sold to the woman who can't decide!" The host teased, and she patted Sungjong's to motion for him to get off the stage. I just stood there, irked. Sungjong caught my eyes once more before he turned away.

"Oh my god!" Heebyul laughed. My friend's eyes bulged.

"I do not have trouble deciding, okay!" I shouted, entirely displeased."

"Sure," some woman rolled her eyes at me. And to quickly ease the tension, another guy was brought up.

Yet another well-built guy. And they say he's a what... a dancer? Hoya or something.

"Byul, I'm out of here," I said, pulling away from her and through the crowd.

"Wait, this is the last guy! And... and you have to pay for Sungjong!" She reminded me. I sighed, remembering all I wanted was to save his sorry .

"Fine," I said, waiting for the last guy to get sold. This game is savage, in a way.

After that, all successful bidders were called to the counter as the drinks continued. I followed Heebyul, and then pulled her back and gave her 20 000 won. "Just give it to him," I said. "And tell him to get a proper job."

"Who, Sungjong?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said, rolling my eyes. I wanted to see Sungjong, but I didn't want to. I don't know. What was I thinking?

The next thing I knew, the host lady pulled us towards the guys. There was Dongwoo, mingling with the other dudes.

"Jesus," I muttered. "What is this for, anyway? Are you guys like, male es?"

"Depends," a greasy-looking man said, smirking at me. I think someone called him Woohyun The other guys including Dongwoo and that Hoya guy laughed at me. I shivered, making a face and turning away from him, arms crossed.

I looked around and found Heebyul with Dongwoo... already. Nasty little ! Ugh.

And the males had their bidders with them. Some were walking out of the bar, and some were going to dance. What was I supposed to do now?

And that was when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and came face to face with Sungjong.

"Hi," he said, albeit awkward.

I felt a slight flutter in my heart. What was that for, heart?

"Um, hey," I said.

"Thanks for, well, buying me for tonight," he said.

"Yeah," I mumbled. And I remembered Heebyul had my money. . "Did you get your 20 000 won?"

"Um, no," he said, shrugging. "But I don't really care."

"Why not?" I asked. "It's your money. You're the... product." I felt awkward to call him that, but it was true.

"The truth is," he started, "I would usually run away when I got the money. I've been to bars all over Seoul." He was whispering, and I frowned and leaned in to listen. "But I didn't, this time."

"Why?" I asked, curious.

"Just..." He said, smiling at me, scratching the back of his head a bit. "Thank you. You're different."

I bit my lip and sighed, rubbing my arms a bit shyly.

"No problem," I said. "I just felt bad for you. I don't usually do this." And then, I quickly added. "At all."

"No need to feel bad. I just do it for the money. I know I'm not hot or manly, but at least I get enough to get by," Sungjong laughed slightly, his weight shifted on one foot. "I thought so you don't come here much... I saw that you didn't like being here. Every girl was being crazy but you. Why did you come here?"

"Long story," I said, laughing.

Sungjong cocked his head at me, hands tucked in the back pocket of his jeans and I finally noticed he was wearing a necklace with an infinity sign. Such a cute guy.

"But you've got me all night," he said. "Well... officially," he grinned. "By the rules of this bar."

That grin. He made me smile. And I could feel that this guy was different. I admired his looks. I admired his courage. I admired... his coyness.

"Should we do something?" He asked shyly.

I haven't even paid for him yet, but it's already started.

"I guess we should," I said, smirking back.

 

--------

 

Thank you for reading :) I have other Infinite one shots, a few s, a few AUs... Have a look xx