O u t i n g w i t h t h e K i m s

T H E N A R R A T O R
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~M Y U N G S O O     P . O . V~

I feel weird. I don’t know why myself but I feel kindda jumpy.

It had been 2 hours since they started travelling and they seem to be on the countryside already. Wide plain where you can see farmers harvesting rice of even towing their land.

“Are you okay Myungsoo? You’ve been fidgeting on your seat ever since we started travelling” his mom reached for his hands that were cold for some unknown reason.

“I think I need to use the bathroom mom” she gave me a “are-you-serious” stare that I only shrugged off.

“Lucky for you, we’re almost there already. I just have the place where they serve the most scrumptious pastries” his dad smiled widely at them “When I was young, I always visit the shop every day after school since the ahjumma who owned the shop gives me free cupcakes in exchange of throwing the trash of her shop behind the building”

“Dad, I need the bathroom. I’m not hungry” I whined. Why are they ignoring my needs?

“Don’t be silly. Obviously they would have a bathroom too”

You see, the Kim’s were not rich before. Myungsoo’s dad, Kim Myungjin came from a well off family, nothing too excessive and extravagant. They only have enough for what they want but never had a hard time financially. Yes, his father worked part-time to help his parents in buying materials for his projects and books and that made him work hard. From a small all-around business to one of the multi-million and known international empire.

“How are you so sure that the bake shop is still there dad? I mean how old are you now? It’s been years dad” dad’s eyes moistened while looking through the mirror slowing the car.

“Do you really think it’s gone?” dad looked around the car for any answer when he got nothing. “Not only you question my age but also take away my childhood paradise…..what did I do to have you as a son” mom glared at hyung’s direction as she patted my dad’s head like a sulking puppy; mind you he’s still driving the car.

“Look what have you done Jisoo. You made your dad sad. Now what should you do?” mom glared some more as hyung dejectedly glance at dad’s direction after while mumbling a soft “Sorry appa, Mianhae” before facing the car’s window, sulking. Like father like son.

“Honey, we would never know if the bake shop would still be there if we wouldn’t visit it right? Now stop sulking and think of the possibility” mom comforted dad like the child he is.

“What if what Jisoo said was true? What if the bake shop wouldn’t be there anymore” you can practically see tears pooling on my dad’s eye lids.

“Now, where is the Kim Myungjin that I fell in love with? He was never afraid of a “what if” in his sentence. Huh? Tell me, where is he?” dad’s eyes sparkled like Christmas lights upon hearing mom’s words.

“How could I ever be on this position without you?”

“Have you ever heard of the saying, “Behind every man’s success is a partner is distress?” had you Myungjin-ssi?” mom said confidently, brushing off invisible dust on her shoulders while doing so.

“Eww…stop saying mushy things to each other, it gives me creeps” Moonsoo shuddered like some who was possessed by a deranged dancing zombie.

“Umma, you had it wrong. Its “Behind every man’s success is a woman” mom snorted at noona’s choice of words.

“No matter what gender, culture, age, or race; if you know its love, it’s love. Nothing can separate the both of you”

Umma always believed that about love. That love isn’t about what gender preference you choose, or what culture, age, or race you came from but about the strong feelings that pull you together as one.

“And Moonsoo dear, if we didn’t have these mushy “things to each other”, you would not cease your existence to this beautiful world” everyone got silent for a while

“Eww…. Mom. Why are you telling us about your life with dad?” I gave m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter