My Charming Bodyguard

My Charming Bodyguard

“Oppa, let’s go to the shopping mall,” So Ra grabbed Jung Su’s arm when he was in his master’s room.

“So Ra, remember your identity,” Mr Kang told So Ra. “It is not good to stay that close to men when you are not married yet. You can become people’s gossip.”

“Let them gossip then,” So Ra told her father.

“Miss So Ra, I can’t accompany you to the shopping mall today,” Jung Su got rid of So Ra’s grab.

“Why?” So Ra asked.

“It’s my off day today,” Jung Su answered. “I’m going to see my friends.”

“Can I follow you?” So Ra asked.

“They are all boys, go out with Hyo Rin,” Mr Kang told her.

“I want to follow Jung Su oppa,” So Ra said.

“Miss So Ra, I’m sorry but I can’t bring you with me,” Jung Su told So Ra and left the room immediately.

When So Ra wanted to chase after Jung Su, Mr Kang yelled to stop her.

“Stop chasing him around!” Mr Kang expressed his anger by slamming the file onto his desk. “Don’t forget that you are Miss Kang and he is just your bodyguard!”

“I never think of him as my bodyguard,” So Ra responded. “I love him and I’m sure you already know that.”

Mr Kang didn’t say anything to fight back. So Ra was right. He knew that the relationship between So Ra and Jung Su had changed and that was the reason he sent Jung Su away to receive training. He wanted Jung Su to remember his identity. He is just a bodyguard.

***********************************************************************************************

“How did you manage to get a day off?” Hee Chul placed a cup of mocha in front of Jung Su. “Don’t have to protect your So Ra?”

“She’s my master’s daughter,” Jung Su responded.

“You love her but don’t want to break the rule,” Hee Chul said. “In your heart, loyalty is more important than love, isn’t it? But have you ever thought that your debt to your master is already clear by now? You deserve your own future and happiness.”

“Hee Chul, can we not discuss about this?” Jung Su took a sip of his mocha. Sometimes, he hated Hee Chul for his straightforwardness. He could always point out everyone’s weakness easily, including those that they don’t want to face.

“Fine,” Hee Chul responded. ‘Jung Su, I just want my best friend to find his happiness. Is that too much to ask for?’

***********************************************************************************************

“Appa wants to send me to Italy,” So Ra told Jung Su when they were in the car.

“It’s a good place to study design,” Jung Su said.

“Will you miss me?” So Ra asked.

“No,” Jung Su replied coldly. He knew So Ra’s feeling towards him but he couldn’t accept it. ‘Forgive me So Ra, for not being brave enough.’

So Ra felt that cold water was being poured onto her. She always thought that they love each other but it turned out to be a one-sided love.

“But I will miss you,” So Ra responded.

“I’m just your bodyguard,” Jung Su reminded So Ra about the gap between them. They should not and could not be together.

‘Is that what you want? If that is your wish, I will fulfil it,’ So Ra took a look at Jung Su’s face. ‘Maybe it’s time to end this.’

(A/N: So, semester 1 officially ended last Friday and now I'm having two weeks of study break before sitting for the exam. Decided to update today cause it's a special day for ELF. Happy 8th Anniversary to all ELFs~ Enjoy this new chapter. Annyong~)