Unfaithful Tulips

Garden of Flowers

quick note

Please listen to the song while reading.

You will get into the flow of the story when listening.

*This isn't any virus, so please feel free to click on it*

Miracles In December - EXO (Chinese ver.) -

Thanks!

 


 

 

"Ugh!"

Luhan and I was walking across the road when suddenly a car was speeding towards us.

The car lurched infront as Luhan threw me forward, avoiding the car from crashing into me.

"Luhan! L-Luhan!"

I turned behind and saw Luhan, bleeding. His blood flowed out his head, rapidly. There were scratches all over his body. The driver seemed to have been drunk. The driver just drove off, even without a simple "sorry". 

I stood up and ran to him, while I found out that my ankle was sprained for the reason that I fell down when he threw me. It was hard to even walk but it was worth it, for Luhan.

I weakly walked towrds him, trying to stop my tears. I slowly held him up. Damn it. the road was brim with blood. I got my cellphone to call the hospital.

"Luhan, it's okay.. You'll be fine. Just.. stay strong." I cried softly.

"Don't cry Hwayoung.. Just ---" He fainted and collapsed on the road. 

"... Luhan. You'll be okay, I know it. Just don't.. don't die on me."

A big crowd was gathered around us, as they were gossiping and gossiping AND GOSSIPING.

Tsk.. Never seen a guy faint before?

 

A few moments later, the ambulance drove near us, and the nurses brought Luhan into the the ambulance. I, too got up into it. I was feeling confused as why did Luhan save me instead of him himself? It was all my fault. I should've observed carefully before I crossed the road.. Sorry, Luhan.

Luhan was my friend since we were kids. We would play, talk, eat together and do whatever best friends do. He was like my brother to me.. And now he's.. in the hospital.

"It's a good thing that Luhan reached the hospital in time, or else he's gonna lose his life."

The doctor checked up on him and said that he lost too much blood so he must stay in the hospital for approximately a week. If his condition is still bad, then his stay in the hospital will extend. 

He was then brought to his ward. I took a seat beside the bed, looking at Luhan. He's still unconscious. His head was wrapped with cloth while bandages were on scratches.

I reached out for Luhan's hands. His hands were cold. I rubbed it against my palm. During the process, he slowly opened his eyes. 

 


Luhan's POV

 

Hwayoung has been taking care of me since I was a young kid, and she's never left my side before. Whenever I need her, she's there, already ready.

"Are you okay, Luhan?"

"Mmm.."

"Here. I'll promise to give you flowers, everytime I visit you."

She took a wreath of pink tulips out of her bag. 

"Thanks Hwayoung-ah."

The scent of the tulips were sweet and nice. It filled the room with it. It had a vibrant smell.. It's beautiful. She put the flowers into a vase as she set it next to me. 

 


Hwayoung's POV 

 

I continued to buy him flowers as he following days passed. His ward was filled with varieties of flowers. There were pink, red, violet and cream coloured flowers.

I was talking to Luhan while the doctor called me out. 

"Hello, are you Luhan's relative?"

"No, sorry. I'm just his friend. What's wrong?"

"His condition is getting worser. He lost too much blood. During the car crash, a microcite entered his blood. We couldn't identify it because it's too small. It's flowing in his blood, in his DNA. Sorry to say this, but Miss, he doesn't have much time left."

"..." 

I was speechless. 

"Okay, thanks doctor.." It was barely even audible.

I couldn't believe it. I almost teared up, but I could not, not when Luhan was around. I kept my tears back. 

I opened the door to Luhan's ward. He was pale and skinny. Why didn't I realized it earlier. How stupid was I?

"What did the doctor say?"

"He says you're getting better. You're gonna be out of the hospital. We can do our normal routines together again, and be happy." I lied.

A tear escaped my eyes. I couldn't hold it in any much longer. Even if I said I would, it just escaped my eyes unexpectedly.

"What's wrong?"
"It's nothing." I lied, again.

I think it's clear enough for him to know what I did though, I can't lie. I'm a bad liar.
Oh, why.

 


Luhan's POV

 

".. I'm gonna die soon, right?"
"..."

I pulled her in my arms, embracing her tightly. 

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault, Luhan."
".. Don't blame yourself, Hwayoung. I j-just wanted you to stay alive.."

Her eyes began to fill as hot tears poured down her face.. I cupped her cheeks with my skinny hands..

"Let's just be happy while we still can, kay?"

She nodded in response.

 

We talked and talked until her mom called her home for dinner. We said our goodbyes.

My ward was filled with tulips. It brimmed the ward with a nice scent -sweet- while it made the ward looked colorful  and beautiful. Hwayoung was the only one who cared for me ever since my parents both divorced. She was my only friend. "Best friend" to be exact.

I still couldn't except the faith that was passed between Hwayoung and I. I'm gonna die sooner or later -I still wish a miracle would happen though- and after that, she's gonna be alone, crying and whipping every night. I'm sorry, Hwayoung. This is reality, and I have to face it. 

 


Hwayoung's POV

 

2 days passed after hearing about Luhan's diagnosis report. He was very thin and he couldn't talk or move much. I cooked him some food, trying to fatten him a little. He ate all of it scrumptiously. I tried to laugh and smile whenever I meet him, but.. It's too hard.

"Come on, smile a little."

".. How can you still be so energetic, even after hearing about the report?"

"Because life taught me a lot of things. To live life to the fullest and have no regrets."

"Mhmm.." I muttered softly.

 

I tried to laugh and make jokes and;

Failed.

But still, he chuckled a bit at my clumsiness. 

Well, that was humiliating.

 

He was paler than usual as the following hours passed by. Luhan was stuttering and maybe muttering with every word he says. He couldn't move too much, so I demanded him to close his eyes rather than open them, since it was hard to even do anything.

"Do you know why I bought you pink tulips the other day?"

".. w-w-hy?"

"They represent perfect happiness, care and attachment.. Like what I am to you now." 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Sorry Luhan. I don't mean to.. you know.. indirectly kill you.."

The monitor had a continuous beep sound. One after the next, as if a city truck was backing up on the street, alerting anyone near by. Then just out of nowhere the monitor changed its tone. This time the sound was constant. No breaks in between the beeps. Just a long flat piercing sound the penetrated my ears. The monitor had flat lined.. 

I grabbed his hands tightly and there he was.. dead. The doctors and nurses barged in the door and tried to save Luhan's life.The doctors were injecting him, there was no use. The heart monitor was still beeping constantly. It was too heartbreaking to watch.. so I slowly backed off and got out of the ward.

 

Damn it. I thought to myself.

I couldn't even say a proper goodbye.

I couldn't even take a good look at his face before I backed off. 

I couldn't even listen to his soothing voice one last time. 

I couldn't even see his brownish eyes again. 

How crazy of me.. To even think of these to take place in reality. Faith made us separate from each other. No happy endings. No happy goodbyes.

Happily ever after? My .

 


 

author's notes

Thank you for reading! 

Hope this fanfic is up to your expectations ~

This chapter was pretty long -for me- haha

I'll be writing the next chapter for Garden of Flowers so please subscribe, comment and upvote!

See you guys next time on my next update. Bye ~