010

The Game of the Maze

Tao took a deep breath in as he faced the clea blue waters with white foam all over. In his hands was a long, rough brown stick that was incredibly sturdy and was decided to help Tao cross this river. Although there were rocks in the river to cross on, water washed over it, causing it to look extremely slippery. Tao hesitantlu took a step foward beffore shaking his head. The more he stayed, the less likely he would cross. His expression became one of determination as he lept, his foot barely reaching the first rock. He planted his stick into the river. 3/4 of the stick was underwater. The river was truly deep. The gray rock was polished. A sudden wave swept Tao off his foot. He clung onto the stick that was planted into the ground, but even the stick didn't stay in this current. Tao cursed as he landed in the water with the useless stick in his hand. He was freezing; the water was freezing. Tao wasn't the only one in deep trouble. 

Hyeri was forced to leave the TV right after she saw Tao take a tentative step. Insu held her arms securely behind her back and blindfolded her eyes. Hyeri glared at Insu underneath that blindfold. If looks could kill, Insu would be rotting in hell by now. 

"So, aren't you going to struggle?" Insu looked at her with confusion. Normal people would struggle and get out of his grip, but Hyeri? Nope.

Hyeri carelessly threatened him, "If I punched you, you'd go unconcious." Insu snickered, causing that to almost break Hyeri's calm. People thinking of her lowly? Oh say goodbyes to their lives.

"You come in," Hyeri heard a cool voice of a medic. Insu pulled off Hyeri's blindfold. Everything around her was nauseously bright. A blond nurse stood in front of her with a name tag that read 'Soori'. She had her hair up in a tight bun, her blue eyes piercing into Hyeri's brown ones. Hyeri stared at her dully. Soori ushered her to a long chair/couch. It was the ones you found at a dentist - tacky green with a plastic cover. Soori leaned down to pin something in Hyeri's arm. Hyeri didn't even feel the prick of a needle.

"I know what you are." Soori whispered inaduibly but Hyeri caught it.

"What." Hyeri snapped, her eyes on Insu who was taking a look around the lab.

Soori smiled gently, "I won't tell anyone you can dreamscape. I can do something for you." Soori looked at Insu, catching his eye and gesturing for him to leave. Insu obeyed and shuffled out of the room.

"Who are you?" Hyeri didn't dare to hope that she had someone by her side.

"I believe that you think I'm young," Soori stated, taking out the needle and throwing it at the disposer. She took out a packet of something in a cabinet next to Hyeri and unwrapped it. The smell it Hyeri - it was blood. She crinkled her nose. 

"You are," Hyeri pointed out. Soori cracked a small grin before she turned into an all business woman again.

Soori looked down at Hyeri intensely, a sly smile flitting across her features, "I'm your grandma's age. I knew her secret. She was my friend."

The couple weren't the only ones confused and in deep problems- there was Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai and Kyungsoo as well. Kyungsoo searched through the cabinets with Kai, not finding anything that would help. After hacking into Mrs. Park's computer, Baekhyun and Suho looked at several files, only to find nothing but work stuff. Chanyeol was eyeing the hallways, making sure that the dad and Sehun didn't appear. 

A flash of something passed them and Chanyeol saw it was Sehun, running somewhere. He was heading toward the direction of the bathroom. Behind him, slowly walking down the hallway towards them was Mr. Park. Alarmed, Chanyeol rushed in and informed everyone.

"Shiz," Suho raked a hand through his hair before shooing everyone out.

"The window of the bathroom!" Kyungsoo pointed at Sehun, frantically waving at them inside a bathroom. The 5 of them rushed their, praying that the dad was really tired and didn't see them.

"JUMP!" Baekhyun hollered and flung himself out of the window, the rest of them piling on top of him. baekhyun groaned and shoved the other 5 off of him. Baekhyun felt pricking all over his body and looked around.

"That was close," Sehun's eyes scanned the garden in which they landed in. They were sitting in a rosebush with a bajillion bees flitting around and thorns peircing everywhere. Suho pushed himself out of the bush and helped the others out.

"Bees," Kyungsoo shuddered before Chanyeol yanked them all to the shadow of a huge brown shed a couple yards away from the bushes. 

"What?" Sehun looked around, confused. 

"The mom," Chanyeol hissed and pointed at Mrs. Park who was accompanyed by 6 boys. Mrs. Park disappeared around the corner to get to the front of the house, so the 6 hiding raced out and joined the other 6. They grimly shook their heads and headed back to Suho's house.

"Well.." Lay dragged out, waiting to see if there was news.

"Failed mission," Baekhyun sighed, dejected.

"Aw come on, something good must've come out of this," Chanyeol tried to encourage them.

"Mrs. Park likes raspberries," Kris answered in a flat voice. Chen started laughing hysterically, making everyone look at him as though he was an alien. Chen shook his head at the other and quieted down. He didn't know why he cried actually. Maybe it was because of nerves.

"Hey....is that Hyeri getting a blood test!?" Suho's face drained of color when they reached the main square, bustling with people. There was a huge screen up in front, showing what was happening to the couple. All around them, people stopped to watch. Even the busy people. Murmurs rose around.

"Look at Tao," Kris' eyes widened in horror.

The 10 others gasped in distress, "Oh no."

 

A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!<3 enjoy~