Chapter Five

Motivation [HIATUS]

 

“Sera! Sera! Are you there?!” The fists pounded on the wooden door continuously, with no effect. It wasn't until a hand held one of them. “You will resolve nothing with this, you are just making yourself tired,” Sehun let go of her wrist when her arms finally loosened down. “What should we do then?” Yoona said with a desperate voice whilst her eyes made their way on the floor formed by the squared cobblestones. “Try to call her,” he said with a certainty that they'd escape somehow sooner or later.

“I've thought of that but I don't remember her number. And I don't even have my phone here. I left it on the counter,” Yoona threw her head back and groaned. When she faced him, her face was bright, “But you have yours with you, right?” She snapped her fingers victoriously.

Sehun had to shake his head. “No, I have mine in the bag which is laying on the table in the next room,” he kicked the door, only now starting to worry. Yoona didn't care that he was basically damaging the shop property. “Nice.”

“So basically we have no other choice but to stay here overnight. We can be thankful that there's no school tomorrow.”

“Wow, I'm so thankful. Wow, how did I get so lucky?” Yoona said with an exaggeratedly happy expression as she was walking further into the the room. Her ears caught some noise beside her singing and she stopped. “Did you just laugh?” She pointed at the boy standing a few meters away from her. Sehun raised his eyebrows and answered calmly, “No.”

“Really?” Yoona was sure that she had just heard his laughter. It was deep and husky, just like his voice. How did he look when laughing? She wished she could get to see it soon. “Whatever. It sounded enjoyable though,” Yoona said and laughed in the end when she realized how flirting it might sound. An arm was covering half of Sehun's face and he just hoped she wouldn't look behind her back now.

Yoona jumped onto the kitchen's counter. “You can sit on the kitchen's counter,” she pointed at the stainless steel desk in front of her. Without hesitation, Sehun walked over there. 

The silence hadn't started when a chortle escaped from Yoona's lips. The boy gave her a look of incomprehension. “This situation is quite amusing if you look at it from another point,” she shrugged smilingly.

His eyebrows knitted together. Looking at it from another point, he could only think of the situation where someone would come in at any moment and misunderstand what could he and she do here alone after the closing-time. Instead of amusing would he call it awkward. He had no clue why he actually chuckled at such an imagination. Liking to see another facial expression than just a stoned face, a smile formed on Yoona's lips. “So?”

Sehun lifted an eyebrow, “So what?”

Yoona chuckled under her lips as she lowered her head, some streaks of hair falling around her ears. “We can't go sleep now, it's still too early for that. So what shall we do?” She looked up at him with those pretty, big eyes of hers. The eyes that made everyone want to protect her, he was wondering how bright they could look.

 

“Don't you think they'll find out?” Yoona wanted to bake some cookies and Sehun didn't completely agree with it.

Yoona waved it aside. “It's just going to be one pack, they won't find out that we borrowed some ingredients.” She laughed evilly, in a robotic tone.

Sehun hopped down from the board. He just stood there, watching her walking around the room here and there as she was gathering the ingredients they needed. She put them on the counter where she had sat a while ago. “You don't have to help if you don't want to,” she said.

“No, I'll help,” he replied immediately. Yoona chuckled without him noticing, of course he would help. Sehun didn't show many expressions but she had no doubt that there was a difference between his outer and inner presence, he just... couldn't express his feelings well. When he woke her up in the train or when he assured her that neither he nor his girlfriend wasn't angry with her because of the broken keychain... Caring? Good-natured? Perhaps both of them?

“Okay, you can put two hundred and fifty grams of flour into the bowl. The scale is over there,” she pointed at the digital, measuring instrument standing on the counter by Sehun's right side. He nodded and started to put the flour one by one spoonful into the glass bowl, which she had already set there for him on the scale.

 

“It's good. Try it,” Yoona swiped a little of the sweet, chocolate mixture that Sehun and she had newly made. The boy blinked a few times at the female's finger with a little cream on the fingertip, dangerously close to his slightly opened lips. He quickly shut them together. Yoona noticed his hesitation and pulled back her hand from his face.

She laughed secretly in her mind. Sehun was a cool boy with the lack of emotions. So why not trying to pull him into an awkward situation? Well, he looked surprisingly adorable. “I wanted to see your reaction.” 

“Oh, so how was I?” 

“You looked like a baby,” she chuckled.

“How come?” Curious Sehun? That was something new.

“Did you see yourself blinking? Blink blink! It was cute.”

“I don't have a cute side,” he said.

“Oh, come on. You don't use aegyo at your girlfriend?” she said with a louder voice as she made her way to the oven and shoved the undone cookies placed on the sheet covered by the baking paper. “No,” he shook his head slightly as if she could see it. 

“Girls may have different preferences but you can't deny that every girl likes it when you now and then show them some aegyo,” Yoona partly hid her bittersweet smile with her hand, her eyes looking somewhere else.

“Hana is fine with the way I am,” Sehun stated and this time Yoona wasn't sure if he was angry with what she had said or if he just really didn't care. She stayed quiet.

“I'm sorry,” she heard his voice speaking out after a short silence again, sincere like never before. Why was he apologizing? “I'm sorry for getting you and the others into the problems.”

The girl casually sat down on the counter with one leg supporting on the floor and sent him a small smile. “As we've told you before, it's okay and we understand. I know that I could just stay off from you as everyone in the school and I would be fine. But, you know, you and your girlfriend dating isn't that big deal. It's just question of time when everyone will stop making such a drama about it.”

Sehun ruffled his hair and returned to his place opposite to her. Yoona tilted her head and her lips parted, struggling whether to say it or not. “I...”

Sehun barely heard her. “What?”

“I... was dating a guy from Yong Dong High School.” And now she regretted. Why on earth did she say that? Sehun probably didn't care. Her confession sounded like if she was showing off which she wasn't at all.

“You were?” Sehun asked, calmer than she had expected. He was like... her dad who always remained a calm manner when it came to troubles in family. It had always been comforting. “Was it because of the fuss in both schools?” He asked. 

Yoona shook her head. “We hid our relationship from everyone, only my and his close friends knew,” she said with a little lighter heart. This was their only good promise they had ever done together; not telling anyone about their relationship. The rest of their promises was... stupid and unreachable anyway.

“You were dating in secret just because of the dislike from the people you barely knew?”

Just? Sehun, these schools had been hating on each other for ages. I couldn't let them know that I was dating a guy from Yong Dong High School. I didn't want to be treated as a black sheep. I–”

“What?” Sehun's tensed voice interrupted her, “You who were saying that there was nothing bad about going out with Hana was now revealing that you didn't have to reveal your relationship with him because you were too scared of people's reactions? You told to not care about the others because who should apologize for loving someone, but you by yourself were doing the exact opposite!” He was so disappointed with her. She was same as the others, only caring about reputation, wasn't he right?  

Her face turned vulnerable. “You understand nothing!” She stood up, her fists grasping, she wanted to hit something so badly, “He was cheating on me with another girl, that's why I broke up with him! I loved him with all my heart but he didn't. That's why keeping our relationship only between us was a good decision; because it was going to end anyway! His promise that he would stay by my side forever, I shouldn't have believed his fake words.”

Yoona had to turn away her eyes from Sehun's dumbfounded face when the tears began gathering in the corners of the eyes. She didn't want him to see her weak side.

“You and Hana are another case. You love her and she loves you, you guys are on a good way. Keep going on.” she breathed out a sigh and climbed on the counter from the other side so that her back was still facing him. She didn't need to say nor hear anything anymore. Yoona was tired. Soon she drifted off into the deep slumber.

 


Again, I'm very sorry for the late update. I've got some bad (for me not so bad xD) news: I'm going on a vacation to Vietnam so I won't be able to update for a month but I'm not saying that I won't try to update :)

Also I wanted to make a happier ending for this chapter but since I'm leaving in a few hours... orz.

Thank you guys for supporting me and leaving lovely comments for me <3