Chapter One

Motivation [HIATUS]

 

The leaves swayed down from the old, trees in the gentle, autumn breeze, covering the ground with the vibrant colours of autumn. The honks of vehicles could be heard through the whole bustling city. The thick grey clouds blocked the sun, preventing it from sharing its warmth and light with the city. The sky was dull and gloom.

She left the pavement and walked down the stairs to the underground. She passed the shops, heading to a row of turnstiles. She swiped the card through the turnstile reader and the red LED flashed to green, allowing her access. Once she reached the platform number 2, the vocal announcement stated that train running on the Seoul Subway Line 2 was arriving at Yatap station.

She stepped into the train and fortunately, there were a few empty seats. She took a seat between a middle-aged woman who was probably on her way to the work and a short skinny grandad at whom were the bones standing out. Soon as she landed down on a hard slippery board, she closed her eyes and slid down a little in her seat, making her spot more comfortable. She had been working on her assignment all night yesterday, sacrificing her precious sleep – no wonder she had a hard time waking up this morning. With the intention to only rest in time she got, she soon drifted off into a deep slumber.

 

Feeling tapping on her shoulders, she let out a frown and unwillingly opened her heavy eyelids. A slim tall figure appeared in front of her. The person was wearing the familiar school uniform. She lifted her head and met her gaze with his.

“Sorry for waking you up. But you're from Cheongdam High School, right?” His words came out more like a statement than like a question. Well, he was sure anyway.

She gave him a nod. She lowered her head and brought her hand in front of to hide her wide yawn. “Well then, if you don't want to cut class, you're supposed to get off at the next station,” he said with a husky voice. She chuckled. The announcement voice signalized the arrival at Gangnam station.

“No, I don't plan to bunk off,” she said and laughed afterwards. He nodded and walked towards the exit door. She stood up and then both of them walked out of the crowded train.

***

The breeze gently brushed over her face. The sun rays were slowly making their way down the wide streets of South of the River. The  skyscrapers were dominating the whole district with their odd heights and curtain walls. On each side of the road where were driving the luxury cars were the expensive restaurants, clubs, fancy beauty salons, the high fashion brands, extravagant houses and five-star hotels. Even the entertainment companies such as SM, JYP and Cube were located in the area. A wealthy district of Seoul with a ostentatious culture; that was Gangnam.

She reached the bus stop. The boy from earlier was standing a few metres away from her, his eyes went blank as he seemed to be thinking about something. It was safe for her to keep staring at him.

As mentioned before, his figure was slim and tall, his shoulders broad. His hair was dyed blond and even though she had her opinion about men looking much more handsome with natural black or brown, she couldn't deny that blond colour suited him well. His high bridged noise stood up most on his thin face, perhaps he had a little of white blood in him. His lips were pink and small, they looked kind of adorable. He had a perfect milky skin.
Bus had finally arrived and they got on. He sat down in the back of the bus. She hesitated if she shouldn't sit somewhere else, but in the end she
decided to take a seat next to him. Becoming familiar with people was nothing bad. 

“So you are a new student?” She broke the silence, which hadn't lasted too long.

He moved his head closer to the window, a little uncomfortable with the sudden closeness with the girl and only then looked at her. “Yes. I'm a transfer student.”

“I see. Nice to meet you. I'm Yoona.” She gave him a smile.

He nodded again, “Nice to meet you too. I'm Sehun.”  

“Which grade?”

“Eleventh grade.”

She formed into an o shape and nodded a few times. The rest of ride went in silence.

The bus had reached their stop, not far away from their school. The two students got off. They passed SM building in front of which were gathered the fans with the phones in their hands, waiting for their so-loved idols to walk out of the building and take the blurry yet, for them, worthy photos of them. Those people were just average students as her, Yoona, but instead of going to school, they followed their husbands-to-be, how they called the artists by themselves, all day. Pathetic sasaengs.

Yoona turned left at the corner, continuing to walk along a wide pavement. Sehun went ahead.

“Hey, chick!” Yoona fastened her steps as she heard a, sadly, familiar voice.

“Wanna meet me tonight?” He easily caught her up and continued to walk beside her. There was no response. “Come on, it's gonna be fun!” He wrapped his arm around her as if she ever owned him. That was too much. She tried to escape from him by hitting him with her fists but his grip just got tighter that her neck hurt. He leaned in closer to her. She glared at his face which had a wide, smug smile spread across. He looked disgusting, so did a bright shade of red dyed on his hair. “Don't be so prude.”

She stomped on his feet and he let out a girlish shriek. “You are so untamed! Bad girl.” He growled. His gaze trailed down on her lips which were pressed against each other in anger. A devilish smirk appeared on his face.

“Let go of me, Ilsung!” He leaned in to her even closer, enjoying her scent too much. 

“Do what she said.”

Yoona opened her eyes as she felt the guy stumbling, his grip released from her neck.

“And who are you, huh?” He asked, obviously annoyed, as he straightened up.

“Her boyfriend.”

“What, if I remember well, you haven't been dating anyone since the incident,” the guy looked at Yoona and a smirk spread across his face. The girl glared at him.

“Let's go, Yoona.” He interlocked his long fingers with hers and pulled her away from the bastard. The guy snorted and let the couple go.

 


“Thank you, Luhan.”

 


The first chapter is here hohohooo. I hope you like it so far! And no, this isn't based on real life :c