Chapter Four

Motivation [HIATUS]

 

Yoona's eyes fluttered as her vision was becoming clearer. She registered a manly fragance. Turning to the right side, she recognized the boy.

“Hi, Sehun,” Yoona said with a sleepy smile.

“Hi,” he said. She pouted, disappointed he didn't call her by her name. “I forgot to ask you yesterday how you like our school so far,” Yoona attempted to start a conversation.

Sehun simply shrugged, “It's okay.”

Yoona nodded. Maybe he didn't want to talk? “I see,” she muttered the words under her breath.

But Sehun continued, “I just don't get why do the Cheongdam school and Yong Dong school hate each other so much,” he asked without the question mark. Yoona put her elbows on her bag laying above her dark skirt and rested her head on the hands. She hummed, arranging the facts stored somewhere in the back part of her memory into the coherent explanation. “Well, our school principal, Mr Lee Sooman, isn't in a good relationship with their school principal, Mr Park Junghwo. They hate each other, but that's mystery for us students.”

“Is that so?”

She nodded. “Every year, there's this sport competition where the students from both schools participate in. We have to train a lot for these 'games.' Honestly, it's no fun. The PE teachers command us to train non-stop with the reason that we can't lose against our rival school. When you are preparing for graduation, the teachers keep telling you: “If you sleep three hours a night, you may get into a top SKY university; if you sleep four hours each night, you may get into another university; if you sleep five or more hours each night, forget about getting into any university. Study hard and get better scores than Yong Dong students. Show them that we are better!” That might sound pretty encouraging, but when we do bad, they compare us to Yong Dong students and say not-so-nice things. Yeah, then it's easy to hate Yong Dong High School. I'm pretty sure it's going the same there.”

Sehun leaned his head back and closed his eyes before he said, “This sounds so naive. Cheongdam High School cares about its reputation a lot, huh.”

“Yeah...” Yoona said. She leaned her back back against the seat. “Hey, Sehun,” she called out his name, causing him to open his eyes. He fixed his gaze on the roof of the train. 

“I think your girlfriend shouldn't appear near our school anymore.”

“And why do you think so?” Sehun turned his head towards her. Yoona got a little surprised. Well, wasn't it obvious that it would be better to keep their relationship in secret instead of showing it off to everyone?

“It's better like that for both of you. You won't have problems.”

“Maybe you are right,” Sehun said.

 

“Seems like you're pretty popular. Those girls can't turn their eyes away from you,” Yoona said with a hint of sarcasm yet with no bad intention. Her hand tightened around the handrail as the bus turned left, but due to the slower reaction, her legs lost balance and she ended up bumping softly against Sehun who was standing right next to her. As a reflex, he grabbed her arm protectively even though it wasn't necessary. She mumbled an apology.

“Yeah, I've noticed,” Sehun said and stuffed his hand inside the pocket again. He turned to the right side, looking over Yoona his eyes directed to the two girls wearing the uniforms from Cheongdam High School, seated two rows of seats away from them. They immediately stopped all the 'inconspicuous' gossiping once they met his cold brown eyes with furrowed, judging eyebrows above them. One of the girls gulped.

Sehun scoffed. He never liked this kind of girls. Squealing at everything, gossiping about the other girls in group while painting their nails, getting jealous in any time... Sehun had never been interested in girls like these. But they obviously were interested in him. That was the main and only reason why he used to glare during his time in elementary school.

He tried to tell. He tried to ignore. None of that worked. It seemed that being cold towards them was the only way how to keep them away from him. And it really worked. Finally, they had stopped attempting to be something more with him than they had already been; nothing. He became cold-hearted to them and rejected every girl briskly and without any responsibility of having on mind that he might hurt them badly. Soon he became the jerk of the school and was left with no friends. Sehun was too blind that he didn't realize he crossed the line.  

It wasn't until he met Hana in the last year of elementary school when he found out that some sort of females were actually nice. She was mature, decent and nice, that was his type, he realized. She caught his eyes and he was willing to return back to his old 'me', not completely but for her, it was enough. The people around him seemed to notice his slight change too as they were slowly approaching him again. Again, Sehun was surrounded by the girls and came back to the days when he used to go on field to play basketball with guys.

Sehun was lonely. He was there but wasn't at the same time. They followed him but didn't talk to him. They played with him but didn't connect with him. He was not important anymore, not counting Hana and his family. He didn't have real friends. The question was: Was being alone good or bad?        

“Sehun, we are getting out.” It was Yoona who brought him back from his memories and deep thoughts.

The door opened in front of them and Sehun recognized the familiar bus stop. He nodded and got off the bus, following Yoona.

 

“Ooh la la. See who's coming,” Yoona's heart clenched when she spotted him leaning against the wall with that smug smirk on his face.

She walked over the pavement on the other side of the empty street and fastened her steps. Sehun just followed her as he guessed right that the guy behind them wasn't twice as nice.

An overdone pout appeared on the guy's face which none of the two school-dressed persons couldn't see. 

Her heart jumped out when his head with bright red-dyed hair popped out between her and Sehun. “Ilsung!” She yelled. He smiled innocently at her, which got her startled. “Hey honey, I'm sorry for that before. I didn't know you're already taken. Luhan's so freaking lucky, dude.”

“Don't call me, honey,” Yoona retorted.

“Don't be so prude,” Ilsung brought his hand out of his pocket and squeezed her with the layers of clothes. Yoona gasped and her eyes widened. Her eyes traveled to the guy beside her who was snuffling playfully. 

Sehun, who was walking silently with his eyes looking forward, believing that Yoona could handle the uncomfortable yet in his eyes not so dangerous situation, turned to the left side, feeling something fishy. He remembered Yoona having the offended, startled expression and the guy's amused look on his face before a hand grabbed his arm and he and Yoona ran away from the guy.

***

 As soon as Yoona had arrived at school, she felt a dozen pair of eyes were staring at her, the glares thrown at her and Sehun from nowhere. The people were whispering something among themselves while their eyes were judging them. It seemed like the entire school had found out that the new transfer student was dating a student from that Yong Dong High School, which, in their eyes, was something so unrealistic, so terrible.

Yoona herself was surprised by the fuss even though she knew very well how much hate there was between the two schools. Without attempting to understand, they had already started criticizing Sehun.

“I feel so welcomed,” Sehun said sarcastically while his eyes were fixed on the school's main door, giving a damn to all the people around him with exception of Yoona. He was calmer than she had expected.

“Today is so warm, huh,” she said as the two continued walking, their steps fastening once again.

 

Today wasn't a good day for Sehun. His classmates kept talking about him in silence and glaring at him or they completely ignored him, which was much better in his opinion.

Sehun thought about not going to canteen but in the end decided to go there since there was something he had to do.

 

“May I sit down with you?” Sehun approached the group of senior students. “Sure! Feel free to join us, Sehun.” Yoona knew that Sehun could had felt awkward since the whole school was basically mad at him now. She wanted to assure him that she and her friends were with him.

Feeling the relief of finally being accepted among someone, Sehun sat down between Yuri and Baekhyun and put his tray on the table. The gasps earned from the students who were watching him couldn't be misheard.

He let out a sigh. “I'm sorry for making the problems.” He apologized as his eyes searched for Yoona, the person he spoke the most comfortable with.

“It's okay.” Sehun turned to Baekhyun who waved it aside. Luhan nodded in agreement, “It's not your fault. Even though most of us, everyone, have been hating on Yong Dong students for ages, we should learn how to respect each others' relationships.”

“You can't never tell whom you will fall in love with,” Yoona spoke up next. Yuri brought her hand and patted on Yoona's back, “I'm pretty sure everyone will forget soon.”

“Okay, let's eat. I'm getting hungry,” Chanyeol said and already shoved the spoonful into his big mouth. Yoona laughed at him.

The group remained to spend their lunch time as usual, being probably the loudest table with Baekhyun tugging Chanyeol's hair for putting the fake, rubber cockroach into his food.   

***

“Sehun?” Yuri noticed Sehun entering the shop. Sehun turned to the direction where he had heard his name being called and noticed the familiar girl wearing a black apron. “Hello, Yuri-sshi,” he said. “Yuri only,” she corrected with a smile.

“Yuri,” he said and gave a nod.

“That's better,” she said. “Okay, take a seat and choose something in meantime. She'll come in a minute.”

But before Sehun could ask Yuri whom she meant by 'her', she had already disappeared to the kitchen. He waved it aside and sat down by a window. Today they got the assignment to History that was supposed to be finished in two weeks. Teacher decided that the work would be done in pairs. When it came to Sehun's name, the atmosphere in the classroom suddenly sensed up as everyone wanted to know who was going to be that poor, little person. After that one specific name was being called out, the rest of students uttered things such as ooh and aah. The girl, Sehun's partner, didn't seem happy about being paired with him.

Pascucci coffee shop; at six o'clock.”

That was what she said exactly and Sehun was fine with that as it didn't cross wih his plans. So here he was, waiting. Little did he know that his partner wasn't going to come.

“Hello, welcome to Pascucci coffee. What can I do for you?”

His eyes went through the menu. “One butter croissant and a hot chocolate, please.”

“Alright, one butter croissant and a hot chocolate coming up for Sehun.” Surprised for knowing his name, Sehun looked up at the worker. “Oh, Yoona. You work here too.”

“Yup, Yuri told me saw you but her shift is ending now so she couldn't serve you,” Yoona said. 

“I'm okay with being served by you,” he said and chuckled. Finding his chuckle so adorable, she ruffled his hair before going to serve the other customers. 

 

“Aren't you hungry? We are closing now but I can give you something on way,” Yoona said as she sat down in front of Sehun and propped her head with her hand on her jaw.  

“No, but thanks,” Sehun said as he stood up to pack the books from the table. “Okay,” she replied softly, watching him.

“What were you learning in those two hours?” She asked smilingly, curious.

“History,” he said. “Nice,” she laughed casually.

“I was supposed to do some assignment together with my partner, but she didn't turn up. So I thought that I could study when I'm here already.”

“I see,” Yoona smiled.

“Yoona, could you carry these boxes into the container, please?” Sera, Yoona's worker, asked and Yoona didn't hesitate. “Okay!” She got up and started with the cleanup. In the meantime, Sera went to the bathroom.

Sehun was now prepared to leave but when he saw Yoona with those big, card boxes, he decided to offer some help. He left his bag at the table and walked over her. “Do you need some help?”

“I'd appreciate it,” she let out a laugh. Sehun took one of two boxes she was carrying into his strong arms. “Be careful, there are plates inside it,” Yoona warned him. “Why would you give them away? Such a waste.”

“Right? That's why we are going to keep them in the kitchen.”

“But your co-worker said to throw them away.”

“Sera has probably mistaken it with other boxes,” Yoona pushed past the door open with her foot and Sehun followed her.

The kitchen was nice, the floor perfectly reflected the light coming from the rooftop. The room was clean and all the food was saved somewhere by now.

He followed Yoona further to the kitchen and laid the box in the corner. In the end he also helped her with putting the boxes on each another nicely.

 

“Okay, just wait there. I'm going now,” Sera hung up the phone and quickly walked out of the bathroom. She checked the counter, the boxes were gone. “She has probably done it,” she muttered to herself. Noticing the kitchen door opened, she locked it before rushing out of the shop.     

Yoona grasped the handle once again and used all her strength to open the door. It didn't work.

 

“We are locked,” Yoona stated and looked at Sehun with worried face, suddenly feeling so anxious.

Sehun bit his lower lip. Yoona made a way for him to let him try escape but failed, too.

“Unfortunately.”

 


Uff, this chapter was so hard for me to write... But here it is! It's the longest chapter I've ever written for this story *proud* lol.

Omo, YoonHun is locked together in one room when it's getting late *wiggles eyebrows*

Write your opinions, criticisms, notes, wishes down into the comments :3

Also, summer holiday has just begun for me today so I'm in a great mood xD everyone enjoy your holidays!! <3