Another kind of string theory

Please Look at Me!

"You?" I was a little surprised by his statement. He didn't seem like the type to go for a girl seriously. Isn't the guitar special for him though?

 

"I knew the girl since middle school. We used to hang out quite frequently together along with two other friends." Sehun began. "I didn't consider pursuing her until much later in our friendship and I didn't give it much thought."

 

Am I supposed to ask what had happened? I didn’t end up asking that since he started to answer it himself.

 

"She was a pretty shy girl in class, but when she is with close friends she becomes really lively. In fact, the mood instantly lifts up whenever she was there." Sehun smiled a little. "She doesn't show her real self unless she's comfortable with you, kind of like an idol."

 

"I first met her when she was a neighbour of mine. When I first met her I thought she was a shut in. One day when I walked pass her house as I went back home, I heard a really bright voice making everyone laugh. I was curious so I peered in and saw her in the center of attention."

 

This girl sounded like she could be really popular if she wanted to. I was somewhat jealous of this person that I didn't even know about since she has qualities that I lacked.

 

"She loved music very much." He scratched his head. "I never really had any interest in the guitar but she kept on insisting that I learn it. Since I liked her, I decided to give it a go. It was my first time ever that I felt this way and I completely messed it up. The last time she ever talked to me again was when she left the guitar at my dorm. She didn't even make a fuss about her leave - she left with a sad smile."

 

I thought for a second. "So if the guitar is in your dorm...when did you ask her out?"

 

"The first day of school. I thought it would be cool to introduce ourselves as a couple at the start of a new place." Sehun poked the hole in his drink to put the straw in.

 

"Then, why did your floor mates look all skeptical when I walked in with you?"

 

"I wanted everyone to know, right?" He sipped his drink. "So whenever she came over to my floor I'd make sure every one knew that we were together. She really didn't like that type of attention, but I was too selfish to realize it. When she didn't come over for a while they teased me  about it. "

 

I sense of panic overcame me. "I-I'm sorry…I didn't know...I shouldn't have borrowed that guitar."

 

"Nah, it's fine. I finally got rid of it without being teased too much about it. If one of they guys took the guitar I would be screwed for the remainder of the days I stay at that dorm." He finished his drink. "With that all out of my system, I'm rooting for you Hyorae."

 

"… excuse me?"

 

"You're after Lay, aren't you?" He let out a small laugh.

 

My face grew red. "H-how did you know…"

 

Sehun pointed at my cheeks. "It's written all over your face hahaha."

 

My palms tried to cover the redness on my face. "I-I…"

 

"I just told you, I'm rooting for you." Sehun gave me a thumbs up. "If you need any help let me know."

 

"Why are you doing this though?"

 

 His face grew more concerned. "I don't want to see another person who I know suffer from not being able to be with the person they like."

 

There was a moment of silence between us. "Thanks Sehun." I spoke first. "You're a good friend."

 

Maybe if I had met and known Sehun first instead of Lay, I would have had a thing for him. Maybe.