First

Things I Can Never Say

AMBER’s POV

 

I was lying on my bed for four hours right now and I can't seem to fall asleep. She's constantly running on my mind and it made me wonder if she gets even tired. I terribly miss her each of every day. She is not my girlfriend but she always got me preoccupied. I pick up my phone and dial her number. I'm not expecting for her to pick up because it is past her bed time but I'm hoping that she will....

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey! You're still up!" I exclaimed and she giggled.

 

"Yeah. I got some assignments that needed to be done."

 

" Oh! Did I disturb you?"

 

"Ah no! I'm actually taking a break right now."

 

"I see." I answered as a smile crept on my face.

 

"So what's up?"

 

"Huh?"

 

" Why did you call?"

 

"Oh! I just..."

 

I paused, taking the time to think if I will really tell her. I find it hard to tell her just these simple three words.

 

'I miss you!'

 

I feel like those words got stuck in my throat and I can’t seem to utter them.

 

"You just?

 

"I just wanna say..." I paused again as my heart began to race.

 

It's always like this. I always get nervous in expressing how I feel towards her. I took a deep breath to calm myself and gathered all of my courage to say it to her.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I decided not to take any calls tonight not until I finish my assignments. I rejected all phonecalls that I received earlier. But when I saw Amber's caller ID, I quickly picked up my phone withoit delay. This guy rarely calls me. I set aside what I had been doing first just to talk to me. It made me wonder why he is calling me at this hour. I feel excited to know his reason but I only got disappointed.

 

"I just want to tell you good night!"

 

"Is that all you want to say?"I asked him in disbelief.

 

"Yeah."he replied and chuckled,

 

I should be happy of the thought that he called me just to tell that but I am not. It probably because I expected more than that.

 

"You called me just to say that?"

 

"Yeah!"

 

"Okay, good night to you too." I said not letting him noticed my disappointment.

 

"Good luck on your assignments."

 

"Thanks!"

 

There was this moment of silence and he was the first one to break it.

 

"So, see you tomorrow."

 

"See you."

 

I put my phone on my study table and flopped on my bed. I lie on my back qmd stare at the ceiling.

 

"Stupid me, you shouldn't expect too much from him."

 

I am secretly in love with him. But I can't somehow bring myself in front of him and say those three simple things.

 

'I love you, Amber.'

 

But there's no way in hell I'm telling him that without him telling me first. If only he will show me even just a single hint that he feels the same way, I might consider confessing first.