Suicidal

Suicidal

Kwon

I prepared breakfast, I mean, I’m an early riser and since I’m living at someone who saved me, I should probably show small action of gratitude right. After putting, whatever I could whip out on the table, I went to Mr Park’s room. Don’t ask why it’s Mr Park. It’s just I can’t drop the honorifics. I really wonder, does it really take half a day to fall in love. This guy is so weird.

I knocked his door and waited. Shortly he emerged. We didn’t say anything, we just looked at each other.

“Err, I made breakfast, let’s eat.”

“Ah, I see, okay let’s eat.”

Quickly, I turned my back and just stat walking towards the table, and he followed behind. We quickly sat down and we started to eat. As we were eating, he didn’t say anything. It just felt weird like super weird. And silence was the only thing that accompanied us. As time passed, we finish eating. I was about to get up when suddenly the silence broke by Mr Park’s voice.

“That’s delicious, you should cook more, and I want breakfast every morning.”

“Yeah sure. I’ll do it every morning.”

“Also, go and get ready, I want to have a date today. Our first date.”

“What?! How can we go out on a date?” I snapped. I forgot that he wasn’t aware of who I was and I just snapped at him. . “I mean, yeah sure, we can totally go out but “

“Good, I’ll go shower and we’ll go out.”

He cut me off. Again. Do you know how much I hate when someone cuts me off? Such a prick. I washed the dishes and quickly went to change. I just changed into a nice pair of jeans. I guess, I’m not that type of person, who puts on makeup, style my hair, wear stilettoes more over a dress. It’s just uncomfortable, very. I stepped out of my room, Mr Park was already there. That was fast. Do guys always get ready that fast?

“Let’s go” he said as he grabbed my hand. I just followed. What can I possibly do? I was afraid someone would recognise me, but I couldn’t say no to him. It would probably make him suspicious. We got into his car, there wasn’t any driver.

“You can drive?”

He didn’t say anything but just look at me in disbelief.

“I mean, I believe every rich person has a driver right?”

“My dear, it’s a date, just me and you.” He said sheepishly as he start the engine and drive off.

“Where are we going?”

“Let’s just walk around town, and maybe buy food as we walk.”

“Alright.”

Town. Somehow, I felt uncomfortable with this. Should I ask him to turn back? I just am not ready to face a crowd. But again, it’s a date to him but it’s just a favour for me. I was staring out of the windows just looking at people, because at this point I didn’t really know when I will get to enjoy freedom again. Without realising the car stopped. Apparently, we reached. I quickly got out and Mr Park followed after. I didn’t really know the way so I let Mr Park guide me. As we were walking he held my hand tightly. As if I would go missing. It wasn’t that crowded, and that kind of came down as a comfort for me. But it was a comfort that didn’t last. As we walked in further the crowd grew. My fear was heightening.

“Jin Ae, can you wait I’ll go grab a drink, wait here okay.” I didn’t answer, I couldn’t answer. Mr Park just let go of my hand and walked away. I looked left and right. Everyone was passing by but I felt that they were just judging me. I don’t like this. My heart became uncontrollable. I just stood there, I couldn’t move. I got pushed and stared by people. I was really afraid, anyone of this people could be the person who was going to grab me and turn my future dark. I couldn’t breathe. It was very difficult, I couldn’t calm down. I felt really threatened, I felt helpless. I could only close my eyes. All of a sudden, I felt someone grab me and held me tightly. I opened my eyes. It was Park, Mr Park. I didn’t know why but I felt relief. He felt really warm and his hug made me feel much secured, it was a feeling I had never felt before. I didn't know why but I was able to calm down. I looked up at him but he wasn’t looking at me, he was apologizing to everyone while bringing me to the side.

“Are you okay?” his face was filled with tension, I couldn’t say anything.

I just nodded.

“You should have told me you don’t like crowds, I wouldn’t bring you here. Come, let’s go to a place which is quieter.”

He held my hand tightly, and brought me towards a place which I believe was far away from a crowd.

I turn to look at him, I felt really fortunate to have met this stranger.

Am I being too selfish right now?

What if I start to fall for him to?

-