Suicidal

Suicidal

Kwon

I opened my eyes. This place it’s very dim, it smells like medicine. It was a familiar scene, but I just couldn’t make it out. Where exactly am I.

“Miss Kwon?”

I looked up, it was a person in uniform, it was a nurse, and quickly I turned to my face hands. I know I shouldn’t be in a place like this but I can’t remember why.

“Miss Kwon Jin Ae? Am I right?”

She persistently asked.

I nodded. Trying my best not to look into her eyes. I was very nervous, very. If I were to speak now, my voice would be shaking so badly. However, she didn’t do anything, she just passed me a name card, which I didn’t actually take, and she just left it on the table. Shortly she left. I was so relieved. I leaned back and thoughts started bombarding my mind. I wondered how I ended up here, in a prestigious hospital, in a VVIP room. I tried to remember.

The last thing my brain captured was, a good looking gentleman, staring right at me, it was as if he’s eyes could kill. Before that…oh, before that I was running, running towards nowhere. I vaguely saw a group of people, but I couldn’t figure out what they were doing. Then I tripped and collapsed into the tall grass. I kind of felt what I was feeling then. I was scared, I was very insecure, as if someone could kill me, and I couldn’t calm down. I remembered, who I was, and why I felt like that.

I am on the run.

I am being chased.

Quickly I got of the bed, I needed to get out of here. I ripped out the needle that was in my hand, it stings, but my life was on the line, what if they recognised me. I needed to escape. I grabbed whatever I could, and left. I ran for my life. They started running after me. I ran until they lost me. I crouch to the ground, the pain started sipping in. I tried to calm my body down but instead, I started breathing so heavily. My chest was in so much pain, I felt like I was dying. I fell to a sitting position and lean against the wall. I closed my eyes tightly, it was dark just like my future. I clenched my fist and slowly the pain started to wear off. After I finally got a grip of myself, I opened my eyes. The place was still empty. I pulled my bag to my lap and started to rummage through it. I couldn’t find anything. Then I stumbled onto a name card. Ah! Right, the name card, the nurse left on my table just now.

Park Jae Bum

CEO

010-8235-6521

Only that was on the card. I fished into my pocket to grab my phone. I realised, I had no phone. I needed to call this Park guy. It’s either I borrow someone’s phone or go to a discreet public phone. I tried to get up, but my body was in so much pain, I felt as if every healed scar was being cut opened again but I got up. I started to walk, inertia was so strong, I felt so tired. I continued to walk and I saw it. I saw a public phone. I wanted to run up to it, but I stopped. I looked around to check if there was any CCTV. Seeing none, I dashed across. I picked up the phone and started dialling the number. It ringed. I was so near to being saved.

“Hello?” a very soft voice, filled my ears, weird.

“Mr Park Jae Bum?"

“Mr Park? Hold on.” There was a sudden beep. I thought I was disconnected. .

“Hello?” there was a sudden change of voice, I was startled. “Hello?” he repeated.

“It’s me” stupidly I answered, “I mean, I have your name card, it was given to me when I was in the hospital?”

“Ah that brat.”

I opened my eyes, brat? Me?

“I mean lady, yes so have you thought of ways to repay my kindness?”

“I’m sorry what?” I didn’t know where this was conversation was going, time was running out for me, I had to cut the chase.

“Mr Park, listen, I know I’m very indebted to you, but right now, I need your help again.”

“What the hell is wrong with you? Stop being a brat” He cut me off. This prick.

“Listen, don’t cut me off, it’s either I die tonight and leave traces of you as a murderer or you help me out.”

“What the… What do you want?” He asked again. He sounded annoyed, very annoyed, but I couldn’t care.

“Can you send me a bike, I’m at an alley maybe 2km away from the hospital I was in.”

“You owe me big time” he hung up

-