Soccer

Just leave it all up to Fate

“Isn’t it time for you to go to that dingy playground of yours?”

Shim Changmin was pestering him again. It was a huge mistake to mark their calendar with the day Minho had chosen. He paid his full attention to the television screen and blocked Changmin’s annoying voice from his ears.

            “Minho! Minho! Minho!”

            “Ugh, I can’t take this anymore!” Minho stood up and grabbed a banana from the counter. After peeling it carelessly, he stuffed it in Changmin’s mouth.

            “There.” He said proudly while the other just stared at him deviously. Minho shifted his attention back to the screen.

            “HEY! I’m watching!” Minho yelled after the monitor turned jet black.

            “Yeah, yeah. But look at the time! Keep your promises, Minho.” Onew lectured.

            “Whatever. The possibilities of wasting this Sunday morning are high.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Look. I guess it was my mistake to be vague. There is only a one in a million chance that we both pick the same day and place. Why should I bother showing up with a flower on my hand? That would just make me look like a lovesick freak. I mean, who still does that these days?”

            “Yeah, why should you show up? More precisely, how could you pass this up? As you have said, there’s still that one tiny chance out of a million. What if that chance decides to show up and you’re here, digging your on the couch, watching a damned soccer game on the telly.”

            “Hey! This is not just a damned soccer game! This is a game between Spain and ---“

            “I don’t care. I know you don’t either. And I also know how much you want to go. Don’t lie to me. I saw fresh matched outfits on top of your bed. There’s also a bunch of daisies on a vase I never knew we had. You’re just too chicken to move your lazy over to that playground.”

            Minho pouted. Onew had just hit him square in the face.

            “Alright, alright. I’m going already.”

            “Ha! Victory!”

            “Shut up!” Minho threw the small pillow at Onew’s face and ran upstairs to change. He tried to hide the excitement in his face but his expressive eyes gave him away.

            “Ungrateful kid!” Onew mumbled. He felt a hard pat on his back.

            “Great job!” Changmin hummed as he tackled Onew into a tight hug.

            “Get off me, you monkey!”

_____________________________

A/N:

I'm so sorry. I guess I'm taking a whole lot of time updating with extremely short chapters.

I'll finish this after I'm through with my requirements for school :)