Magazine

Just leave it all up to Fate

“So, what are you planning to do?” Key asked him without glancing up from the fashion magazine he was flipping through.

“I don’t know. I’d rather not go.” Taemin stared out the window with his fingers gently tapping on the glass. Actually, he was just waiting for a sign, a sign that could urge him to believe. He heard the sound of ruffling paper from behind.

“What? Hey, this might be your chance! Not everyone gets those notes, you know. I’m not even sure if writing on money is illegal. But my point is that person must’ve been brave enough to let fate handle everything.”

“Brave? Key, I could write one too if I wanted to. MY point is that all of this could be a big joke. I would look like a fool waiting for nothing in a playground god knows where and on an imaginary day, I bet.”

“Taemin, this is why you don’t have a boyfriend. Stop hiding it. You’re a hopeless romantic. More emphasis on the hopeless part.”

“Shut up! I’m not!”

“The fact that you’re blushing right now isn’t helping you at all. Anyway, read this and go make up your mind.” Key threw the magazine. If Taemin hadn’t caught it, it might have hit him straight in the face. Bold letters in pink and blue were at the top page.

Hawaii girl finds message in a bottle from Oregon

He read on and marveled at the story. The message in a bottle traveled for more than a thousand miles. That’s a whole lot. Taemin took the bill out from his pocket. His message couldn’t have traveled that far but could destiny have sprinkled a bit of its magic dust on it? Could this be the sign he was waiting for? He checked the clock, 8:45 AM. Just on time, he thought. Taemin raced and dressed up. Buttoning up the shirt he chose, he chuckled to himself.

Lee Taemin, you’re such a fool.

“Where are you going?” Key caught him just before he could step out of the door.

“Uhh.. just… somewhere. BYE!” Taemin stuttered and shut the door behind him. A smirk formed on Key’s soft lips after hearing the bang of the door.

“I knew it. Good luck, Taemin.”