I Can Be Your Shoulder to Cry On

I Can Be Your Shoulder to Cry On

The room was silent and the lights were off. A faint glow of a computer screen was present proving that someone was there and awake. It was Suho working on a paper for school. It was taking hm longer then he wanted it to. He was really so he didn't wake up his roommate. The walls were so thin that even the smallest noise cold be heard in the next room.

Suho sighed leaning back stretching out his tight muscles from being hunched over for so long. It was already almost two in the morning. He'd been working on his paper for over three hours. He needed a break before he went crazy. He thought about just going to bed and finishing his paper before class, but quickly pushed that thought away knowing there was no way he would finish if he did that. He still had three more pages to write. After giving one more stretch and took a sip of soda he continued knowing there wasn't much sleep in store for him.

 

Kris laid in bed awake, his thoughts bothering him. He had been so stressed lately and just wanted to sleep, but he couldn't. He thought about how much stress his professors and school work put him under. How much he disliked the party people who where loud on the nights he needed to study the most. He didn't think he was cut out for this hole college thing. He was ready to just give up and move away. Far from all the things that made him this way. He needed out and out soon. He wanted more then anything to tell the person he cared most about, Suho, about it, but since he'd been so busy Kris didn't want to tell him and make him stress about a thing that didn't really matter. As far a Kris was concerned he would burden Suho with all his complaining. Kris turned to his side and looked out the window trying to hold back tears.

 

 

.................................................................................................................................................

 

 

The next morning both boys sat in the living room dark bags under their eyes and a spacy stare.

I take it you didn't sleep very well. Sorry if I kept you awake. I was doing this paper for class...” Suho said apologetically.

It's not your fault. I just didn't sleep very well.” Kris said reassuringly.

Is something wrong? You normally don't have a problem sleeping.....” the shorter male said

Just a little stressed nothing to big of a deal. I'll be fine.” Kris said looking down. “Ok.....well...if you need to rant I'm here for you...” he said not buying the older males reason but he wasn't going to make him talk about it.

Kris really wanted to talk about wanting to drop out but he couldn't bring himself to. He couldn't even form the words. They just sat there staring everywhere except at each other until Suho had to leave for class.

I'll be home kinda late tonight. I'm going to be studying at the library. I'll have my phone call if you need anything.” Suho said slinging his bag over his shoulder and heading for the door.

kay see ya.” Kris waved.

After Suho left Kris let out a sigh and got up. He walked around there small place collecting the idems he'll need for the day. There was so many things he had to do along with work. He really thought about just skipping but he knew his roommate wouldn't be very happy if he did. He hated getting on Suho's bad side. It made him feel like he was bad for making the man he loved unhappy.

 

 

 

......................................................................................................................................................

 

During Suho's lunch he sat in the University's cafeteria with his friends Baekhyun and Sehun.

Hey guys, do you think Kris has been acting weird lately? I'm worried something's seriously wrong.” Suho asked the two younger boys.

I've noticed that he hasn't been as smiley or talkative lately. Do you think something is actually wrong? I mean he doesn't seem like he wouldn't talk to you if there was. I've seen the way he looks at you.” Baekhyun said taking a bite of his lunch.

Yeah I agree with Baekhyun. If thumthing wuth up he's tell you.” Sehun nodded

well...I'm still worried...” Suho said moving his lunch around his plant with his chopsticks. Did Kris really care about him enough to talk to him about it? Suho really hoped so.

 

Suho was at the library for only three hours when he got a text from Kris asking him if he could come home and that he wanted to talk to him about something. Suho told him he was on his way and will be home as soon as he could. Their dorm was completely dark when Suho got home. He wondered if Kris got tired of waiting for him and just went to bed. He set his things by the door and walked blindly through the house. Kris was sitting on the couch in the living room silently waiting for his room mate.

Kris? Are you ok? Why are the lights off?” he asked standing in front of the sitting man.

Just thinking.” Kris replied wrapping his arms around the other's waits and resting his head on his stomach.

What were you thinking about?” Suho whispered Kris' hair comfortingly.
“I want to drop out.” Kris admits burying his face deeper into the smaller male.

You want to drop out? Why?” he asked a little shocked by what his hyung said.

I just can't do it anymore. Suho I can't take all this stress anymore. I'm ready to just give up. Life isn't worth this.” he looked up at Suho tears forming in his eyes.

You can do it. I know it's hard Kris, but you can't give up.” he said wanting to cry himself. His best friend and love of his life was falling apart right infront of him and he didn't know what to do.

I'm not worth all this. The stress is to much. Suho I'm not wanted in a place like this. I can't do it anymore.”

Don't just throw everything you've worked so hard for. You are capable of doing so many wonderful things. Don't you see. This should be a challenge for you and make you want to finish. To show everyone you could do it.”

Suho I don't think you get it. I'm not good enough for this college, nor am I good enough to romotely like you or anyone else. I thought you would get it. But I was wrong. Suho just let me fail. Let me fail. I can't do this anymore. I can't.” Kris said standing up.

I wont let you fail Kris. You need to know just how good you can be.”

Kris balled his fists by his side and clenched his teeth. Suho saw how upset his roommate was and readied himself to get punched ,but Kris just turned and ran out the door.

Kris come back!!! Don't leave. Kris! Kris!!” Suho called chasing after him not caring who else ws seeping in the dorms. All that mattered was Suho getting to Kris.

 

Kris ran to the court yard were a few trees and a picnic table were. He let out a loud shrill cry and gave the tree a hard punch skinning his hand. He sank down the tree crossing his arms over his arms over his knees and burying his face in his arms. Suho had lost him, Kris ran way faster then Suho could. He didn't know where he would have gone. He couldn't have gotten far. He was right. He spotted him under the tree.

Kris! Kris! I'm sorry!” He called running and wrapping his arms around the other man's shoulders. “ Don't think you aren’t needed here and you aren't good enough please. I don't know what I'd do If you left.” Suho sobbed rocking them back in forth. “don't you ever think that you aren't good enough for me. You are perfect the way you are. I love you Kris.”

Kris sniffed

I didn't know you felt that way about me.....I made you upset again.....I'm sorry.....Suho. I love you to.” he looked at the other male and gave him a small peck on his quivering lips. Suho kissed him back tears rolling down his face. Kris hugged on to him pulling him into his chest.

Kris, please let me be the shoulder you cry on. Please talk to me when you have problems and not let them build up like they have just now.....I don't think I can deal with all of this again. I don't think I'll be able to keep myself going if you leave....” he said looking up at him.

I'm sorry.” was all he said leaning down and kissing the man he loved.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this wasn't very good. I hoped you liked it. :)

should I write another chapter?