Part I

How to Play the Piano

It’s another trivial day at school in which Kyuhyun found himself exceedingly bored. He had given up doodling a while ago and the incessant chatter coming from Donghae and his seatmate, Eunhyuk, made it impossible to sleep.

 

Kyuhyun sighed heavily, not even bothering to mask his boredom as he sunk further into his chair. He played with his pencil for a few minutes, before even that could no longer hold his interest. He glanced around the room, mildly satisfied to find that he wasn’t the only person not paying attention to the history lecture.

 

He tried to focus back on the lecture, out of respect for the teacher, but he only lasted about a minute before turning sharply in his seats to snap at the gossiping duo.

 

“Will you two shut up?! You guys are worse than my sister!”

 

“Kyuhyun, have you heard yet?” Donghae asked, completely ignoring Kyuhyun’s remark – which did not go unnoticed by Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, a little miffed that his comment was ignored.

 

Any other day, Kyuhyun would’ve said something along the lines of ‘I don’t care’ or ‘no’, because he never really had any interest in the school’s gossip. He honestly didn’t care about who broke up with who or any other rumor like that. But today was a particularly boring day, so he decided to make an exception, just this once.

 

“Heard what?”

 

“We have a new music teacher,” Eunhyuk announced, feeling somewhat proud to be one of the few students to know.

 

“Park-seonsaengnim quit?” Kyuhyun questioned, not all that impressed with the news.

 

So this is what school gossip is like?

 

“I think he retired…I’m not sure.” Eunhyuk shrugged, not really caring about the details.

 

“In the middle of the school year?”

 

“Does it matter? I’m glad he quit. That man was so boring; all he ever did was lecture on music history. He never let us play anything!” Donghae grumbled, frowning at the thought of his old music teacher. “I hope this new music teacher is a better teacher than him!”

 

Kyuhyun hummed in agreement, not really a fan of Mr. Park either. “So who is this new teacher anyway?”

 

“I heard that the new teacher is really young,” Eunhyuk added. “Just graduated from college, I think.”

 

“I heard that the new teacher is cute,” Donghae smiled at the thought.

 

“So the new teacher is a girl?” Eunhyuk asked excitedly, a wide grin spreading across his face. Donghae nodded with a cheeky grin of his own. “I hope she’s pretty unlike the rest of these old, ugly teachers here.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, having heard enough. He turned around in his seat, determined to pay attention to the lecture this time.

 

What does it matter if the new teacher is pretty or not? As long as I get a good grade in the class, I don’t care.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This story will be split into parts, I don't know how many parts. But I promise not to make it as short as this part was. I'm sorry for the short introduction, so I'll try to post the second part later today or soon.