Closest thing to a friend

Our Inconvenient Fate

*NARRATORS POV*
  After she personally introduced herself, Jihyun stuck out her hand for a hand shake. Sehun reluctantly shook her hand, unsure how to react. She did, afterall, pin him against a wall just this morning. Jihyun smiled as brightly as possible and took her seat. The homeroom teacher finished announcements but Sehun had not noticed. He just continued to stare at the girl beside him. 
  "Class president?", the homeroom teacher called upon Sehun. 
  "Ah, ne", he stood up, his face flushed. He lead the class in their bow and the teacher left. As they took their seats, Jihyun turned to Sehun.
   "So youre the class president?", she looked him up and down, nodding. "Impressive".
   "N-ne", Sehun stuttered. He winced at his own tone. Jihyun refrained from giggling and turned to the front of the class, awaiting for the english to teacher to come in. 
   "Youre making yourself look bad", Kai leaned over Sehun's shoulder. "Just chill", he chuckled. "Excuse me", he called over to Jihyun. She turned around. "Hi, Im Jongin, but people call me Kai. Its nice to meet you", he smiled.
   "Jihyun", she smiled back.  
   "Sorry about my friend", he gestured over to Sehun who, hid his face behind his hands. "Hes not very social". 
    "Oh, no, its understandable", she responded. "Sorry about this morning by the way, Sehun-ssi", she twisted to face Sehun. He uncovered his face and slightly nodded to let her know it wasnt a big deal.(which of course it was but why would he say that?)
  "You know eachother?", Kai's eyes widened, shining with curiosity. 
  "Something like that", Sehun answered, peeking over at Jihyun who just nodded. Just then, the english teacher entered, disrupting their little conversation. And truthfully, Sehun
was relieved he had. This conversation was taking an awkward turn and Sehun did not want to see how it ended. 

 


As the  bell rang, signaling the break between classes, Sehun packed his bag. Jihyun was already throwing her's over her shoulder, making her way out of class. Sehun kept an eye on the door as he zipped up his bag, hoping he'd be able to catch sight of her before she disappeared. He left kai behind and dashed out of class, not quite running but not quite walking either, and turned when he felt a tug on the back of his collar. 
  He stumbled a bit before regaining his balance. He looked at the person who's hands were still clenched on the back of his collar only to find the one girl he was looking for. 
  She clicked her tongue and shookr her head. 
   "Thats the second time, Sehun-ssi. You should be more careful when trying to follow people", she smirked and released him.
   "Aniya, thats not it. I wasnt following you", sehun quickly defended. 
   "Kure? Where were you headed that you were so intensly focused on then?"
   Just then Kai walked out. His hair messily flopped around but it worked for him. His backpack slung over his left shoulder and his right hand was placed inside his pocket. When he caught sight of Sehun, he smiled.
  "Kaja", he beckoned. 
  "I have something to take care of", Sehun replied, gesturing over to Jihyun. 
   "Ah, okay. I get it", he winked. See you later", he jogged away, joining the rest of the group of friends just at the end of the hallway.  
   "What is it?", Sehun asked, turning back to Jihyun.
   "Can you show me around a bit? I got a bit lost this morning and id really like it if you showed me around", she said with a blank expression. Sehun questioned if this was truly the same girl he had seen on the swing set a day before.
    "Why me? Isnt it sort of awkward?"
    "It would be if we made it awkward. It has to be you. Youre the closest thing i have to a friend right now". Sehun froze, unable to respond. Closest thing to a friend? He sort of liked that title. Well, for now. With a slight smile, he began walking. 
   As they walked through the hallways, many eyes on them, Sehun couldnt help but ask. 
   "Whyd you take the seat next to me?"
   "Are you seriously asking me that?"
    "Mhm"
    "Like I said, you were the only familiar face; the closest thing to a friend".
     "Okay, true. But you did pin me against a wall this morning".
     "I didnt mean too", she defended.
     "Well it wasnt an accident", he playfully scoffed. 
     "Really though, sorry about that", she apologized with a laugh. "But, you seem quite popular", Jihyun scanned the crowd who's attention was on them. 
    "A bit".
    "A bit? This is more than a bit", she whispered, cowering from the preassure of attention. Seeing this, Sehun took a turn to the closest flight of stairs. 
   "Well, i am pretty handsome", Sehun said with a wink. Jihyun scoffed but couldnt quite deny his statement. Honestly speaking he was, in a word, handsome. 
   "Im a good student is all", Sehun added, answering Jihyun's curiousity of his own popularity. She didnt really ask, but she really did want to know. 
   "A good student? Thats it?"
   "Well, try top student in the school", he smirked. 
    "No way. Youre a freshman!"
    "Im serious!", Sehun laughed at the look on Jihyun's face; a mix of impressed and doubt. 
    Dropping the subject, Sehun grabbed Jihyun's wrist and truly started the tour. 
   He showed her the office and the library. He showed her the music room and where the bathrooms were located on every floor they visited. He even showed her the cafeteria though she insisted she wouldnt need to know anyway. She always brought home lunch and wanted to avoid being in a mass of people that made her feel lonlier than she already felt. 
   "Im always here at lunch. Maybe you'll need to come and find me. Who knows?", Sehun had reasoned. Jihyun, being who she was, highly doubted she'd ever need to look for him. They were sitting next to eachother for most of the school day. Why would she search when he was right beside her? 
   Finally, They reached the school's very own garden. It was gaurded by tall rose bushes, providing only one way both enter and exit. The entrance way was quite conspicuous with tall wooden pillars on opposite ends, painted blue with little drawings personally made by the art class. 
   "Students dont really come here unless they need to", Sehun said as they entered the garden. Inside, there were all different types of plants. "I guess the smell irritates their nose. You know, the pollen and such", sehun added. 

   Jihyun looked around in amazement, ignoring Sehun's last statment. She couldnt quite understand how the smell was in, any way, bothersome. It was natural. Sweet. But then again, in modern day, technology is more favored than nature. 
   The garden provided a variety of plants; flowers, vines, fruits, and a couple vegetables. Park Jihyun had traveled the world and had seen all different types of things. But this garden had grown flowers even Jihyun herself has never seen in all her life. Let alone, knew existed. It was captivating. 
   Jihyun took a seat on a bench set in the middle of the garden and glanced around. She liked it here. And in her heart, she knee her mother would've too. Thinking this, Jihyun couldnt help but smile to herself. 
   Sehun leaned against the wooden pillar at the entrance way, studying the girl he had brought. She was smiling now. It was then that he recognized her the most. The girl he had first seen on the swings. That was her. With her bright smile and carefree state of mind. How beautiful she looked to him just then, she couldve been one of the flowers grown there in his school's very own garden. Sehun was never really fond of this place, but he had a feeling he'd grow to love it. 
   "If you really want too you can eat the fruits here. The school limits the students but its not like anyone actually comes here for fruits anyway", Sehun said, walking toward Jihyun. 
   "Hm. Can I really?", Jihyun asked as she stood. He nodded with a smile and she skipped towards the strawberries. She picked one and just before she could raise it to her lips, Sehun stopped her. 
   "Uh, i think you should wash it first", he chuckled, pointing to the sink. And Jihyun did just that. 

 

  As they exited the garden, the bell rang, signaling the end of the 15 minute break between class. It was hard to believe they had gone to all the Major areas in the school within just 15 minutes.
   But that thought was long behind them now, realizing they would be late to their class. They looked at eachother, panicked, not quite sure what to do. Then Jihyun started running. And Sehun followed behind. 
   They entered the school, and before being able to run across to the stairs, they noticed the principal conversating with another teacher. They hid behind the wall, staring at eachother. 
  "What are we going to do?", Sehun mouthed. 
  "Just follow my lead", Jihyun mouthed back. 
  She looked over and prayed they'd be able to make their escape. In one swift move, Jihyun grabbed Sehun's wrist and ran across to the stairs. 
  Dragging along a shocked Sehun, their escape wasn't exactly subtle. Their footsteps were loud and sure enough the Principal had noticed. Thankfully, not until they were already reaching the stairs and their backs were to the two staff members. 
  "Yah, you students! Stop right there!", the principal yelled, chasing after them. 
   "What were you planning would happen?", Sehun asked in bewilderment, following behind Jihyun who, still held Sehun's wrist. If anyone else had seen they wouldve thought Jihyun was the prince saving the damsel in distress. Which, she sort of was.
    "Well, what were we suppose to do!", Jihyun responded back as they reached the third floor. The principal was just one floor below them, and they could hear him quickly approaching. 
  "Where do we go now?", Jihyun asked in a panicked tone. 
  "You really didnt plan anything out, huh?", Sehun looked below the stairs. "Aish, follow me". Now he was the one leading. He opened the door to the classroom closest to the stairs and dragged Jihyun along with him, closing the door with the least noise possible. Just then, the principal had set his foot onto the third flight of stairs. Sehun and Jihyun held their breaths as they heard him walk pass the clasroom where they hid. Sehun stared at the door intensly, holding it closed in the case that the principal would try to pry it open. Which, luckily, he never did. 
  Jihyun took this time to study Sehun. He was a whole head taller than her. He had the features of a man who'd surely know how to play with a women's heart. Yet, he didnt seem they type seeing as his hands were shakey around Jihyun's wrist. Then again, he could be shaking from the fear of being caught. With his jaw clenched and a drop of sweat sliding down the side of his face, Jihyun couldnt help but think that he looked, in a way, cool. Manly. 
   "If you stare at me like that, my handsome face might just melt away", Sehun whispered, looking down on Jihyun. She scoffed as to say she wasnt staring. In her opinion, she was merely studying him. He grimaced at the shy Jihyun and concluded that maybe, he'd like to get to know her. As if he hadn't wanted to in the first place. 
  "I think he's gone now", Jihyun said. Sehun nodded as he slid the door open. The looked down the hallway and discovered that, yes, the principal was gone. They went up one more flight of stairs and jogged to their classroom just as the teacher entered. Luckily, the classroom was a loud mess and the teacher had failed to notice the two's sly entrance. 
  "Okay class, settle down and take your seats", the teacher announced as she made her way to the center of the class.
   Sehun and Jihyun took their seats beside eachother, breathing heavily. 
   "Where were you?", Kai asked, leaning over. 
   Sehun and Jihyun looked at eachother and laughed. 
   "Just.. Around", Sehun answered.

 


   The group of boys walked down the sidewalk, backpacks slung on their backs. 
  Kai jumped onto D.O's back. 
   "Hyung, my legs hurt", Kai pouted. 
   "So youre going to make my back suffer for it?"
   "You know youre my favorite Hyung, right?"
   "Yah! I thought i was your favorite hyung! I always buy you chicken!", Suho commented. 
   "Youre one of my favorites too, Hyung", kai replied.
   "You cant have two favorites!", D.O scolded. 
   "Yah, why do you guys always argue", Sehun interfered. "Lets get bubble tea".
  "Aish, you and your bubble tea", Baekhyun said. 
   "Yah, you said last time you'll pay", Suho added. 
   The boys looked at him with accusing and hopeful eyes. 
   "Arasso. Ill pay", Sehun said with a scornful look. The boys cheered and high-fived eachother and Sehun couldnt help but smile. 


   

   As the boys entered the bubble tea shop, the bell on the door jingled. 
   "Welcome~", one of the workers greeted. The boys smiled as they took a table. Sehun went to pay for their drinks. 
   When Sehun came back with their 12 teas on a tray, the boys were already making a mess. 
   "Yah, yah, yah, we havent even ate and you guys made a mess", Sehun scolded as he looked at the napkins all over the floor and table top. 
   "We'll clean up after", Chanyeol assured. "Anyway, thanks Sehunnie~", He thanked as he grabbed his drink. Sehun took a sip of his choco milk tea that he enjoyed so much and glanced around the cafe. He wondered if Jihyun would like a place like this. He wondered if she even drank milk tea. And just then, as if to answer his question, Jihyun walked in. 
  "Sehun-ah, isnt that the new girl? What was her name again?", Kai asked as Jihyun walked to the counter to order. 
  "Jihyun. Park Jihyun", Sehun answered without missing a beat, keeping his eyes on her.
   "Shes a freshman? Shes cute", Baekhyun added as he took a sip of his milk tea. Sehun didnt say anything, but in his mind he responded, 
  I know
  "Hyung, Sehun already has dibs on her", Kai glanced over at Sehun. Sehun pretended not to listen. "And if he doesnt, then I do". 
   Sehun turned around and glared at Kai who chuckled in response. 
   "Sehunnie? Sehunnie is interested in a girl?", Chanyeol asked. 
   "Chincha? I always though sehun was-", Baekhyun was cut off by Sehun's accusing glare. 
   "Committed to his studies", Baekhyun finished. "He was too committed to his studies", Baekhyun repeated to verify. As if once wasn't quite enough to assure Sehun. 
  "First of all", Sehun set his drink down. "I dont like her. We met today and I showed her around the school. That's it". 
  "Well you wouldnt mind if i called her over then?", Kai asked with a mischevious grin. 
  "What?"
  "Jihyun-ssi!", kai called over, standing up. 
  "Ah, ne?", Jihyun turned. 
  "Come and join us! I want to introduce you to my other friends!"
  Jihyun slowly made her way over, drink in hand. 
  "God dammnit, Kai", Sehun cursed under his breath. 
   "You already know Sehun", Kai pointed and Jihyun nodded. "That's D.O. Hes a year older". D.O smiled at her, his heart shaped lips making an impression on Jihyun. "Thats Baekhyun and thats Chanyeol. Theyre the loudest ones here and theyre seniors", he pointed at his two sunbaes who, proved kai's point by yelling- 
  "Annyoung!". Jihyun laughed at the two. 
  "And last but not least, Suho hyung. Hes a senior too. The eldest with all the money", Kai laughed. 
   "Sehun's the one with all the money", Suho scowled. 
   "Annyounghaseyo, Joneun Park Jihyun imnida", Jihyun introduced. In response, the group of boys clapped and cheered, causing the other customers and some workers to stop and stare. As they settled down, Kai pulled a seat from the empty table beside their's and put it next to himself. 
   "Mian. We're a bit rowdy", he laughed. "Here, sit". 

 


*JIHYUNS POV*
  Handsome and noisy. That was the first impression this group of boys had on me. 
   "Yah! Cant you two be normal for a while?", Suho scolded Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They were mocking eachother and making faces at eachother and I must admit, it was a funny sight. 
   "Ah, Hyung cmon, We have a guest with us", Sehun tried to calm the two down. 
   "Wae? Are we embarassing you Sehunnie~", Baekhyun jokingly sang. Sehun put his head down. I guess he gave up. 

  After a while, they finally calmed down. 
  "So, Jihyun-ssi, id like to know, how do you our little Sehunnie", Chanyeol asked, pouting. Hearing his name in such a manner was weird but at the same time really cute. Sehun looked over at me and I knew exactly what he didnt want me to spill.
  "We're in the same class. Kai-ssi is in our class too", I explained. 
   "Aish, no need to call me that. You can call me Oppa", Kai cutted in. "And didnt you meet Sehun before me? You apologized to him for something".
   "Well.. That..."
   "She bumped into me on the way to school", Sehun explained in my place. The others nodded in understanding. 
   "Excuse me", D.O softly poked my arm. 
   "Ah, ne?", i asked, a bit shaken. He had barely said a word and i had forgotten he was sitting on the other side of me. 
   "Can you pass me a napkin?"
   "Oh, here"
   "Kamsamnida", he said before going back to his drink. His eyes were big and it sort of gave him an innocent look. 
   "Hyung, no need to be so shy", Kai walked over D.O and patted his shoulder. "He's very quiet around new people but he'll open up sooner or later", Kai assured me. 
  "Why are you picking on me infront of Jihyun?", D.O looked up at him with a blank expression. For a second, it seemed to catch Kai off gaurd because he stuttered as he answered. 
   "I-I just didnt want her to misunderstand and think you disliked her", he chuckled as he took his seat. 
  I looked back at D.O and smiled. 
  "I hope we can be great friends so you dont have to feel uncomfortable around me anymore", I said. He looked at me with a blank expression and I couldnt help but wonder if he was this way often. 
   "Okay", he softly replied. And though it was one simple word, i took his word for it. I looked forward to getting to know him better. 

 

   By the end of the day, I came to the conclusion that-
   Sehun's group of friends really werent so bad. Infact, i wouldnt mind being friends with them myself. And as they waved goodbye, I couldnt help but think that this wouldnt be the last time id see them. 
   I was a bit tired as I dragged my legs along, praying they'd last until I got home. 
   "Wait up!", I heard a voice from behind. I turned and found Sehun jogging over to me. "Lets go together", he smiled. And though a part of me wanted to protest, a part of me wanted to walk with him. So I did. 


   For a while we walked beside eachother in silence. I wondered if maybe letting him walk with me home was a bad idea when he finally spoke up. 
   "So", he said as he cleared his throat. 
   "So?"
   "How was your first day?"
   "Not so bad", I concluded. "Its sort of exciting to run from the principal on the first day, dont you think?", I joked as I glanced over to him. He laughed at my answer and i couldnt help but fall a bit at the sound of it. 
   "It is", he said. Then silence again. "What does your dad do?"
   "Hm?"
   "What business does your dad own?", he asked again. 
    "He doesnt own one", I blatantly answered. 
    "All of the families in our neighborhood are business owners though", he murmurred to himself. I scoffed. 
    "I dont live with my family"
    "Chincha? Howd you buy such an expensive house?"
    "Uh", I thought for a moment. "My dad paid for it. But he lives somewhere else because of work related problems" I replied. Lie. "My mothers dead. I have no siblings". Truth. 
   "Oh. Im so sorry", he apologized, reaching out to touch my shoulder. 
   "Its fine", I assured and he dropped his hand. Was it weird that I wanted him to comfort me? "Its been a while since she died". He stayed silent for a moment before speaking again. 
   "So what does your dad do for a living then?", he asked. I thought for a moment, trying to find a way to explain without really telling him. I thought of the jobs my father had pulled and couldnt quite put a name to it. Well, not one thatd make him sound like a good person at least. 
   "Lets just say hes really good at what he does. Its sort of a family thing", I explained. 
   "A family business?"
   "Oh, no", I laughed. "Not quite like that". 
   He looked at me questionably and my mind went blank. I couldnt find the words to say. 
   "Its complicated", I finalized. He nodded and though I knew it had sparked new curiousity in him, he didnt ask another question. 


   As we turned the corner an errie feeling washed over me. The part of me that proved I was, in fact, of my father's blood knew exactly what and who  it was. But the part of me that proved that I was of my mother's blood- the part that made me choose to leave in the first place- chose to ignore it. So I remained quiet and walked with Sehun until I reached my home. With his hand in bis pocket, he leaned back on his right leg and said,
   "Welcome to the neighborhood. It was nice meeting you", in a gentleman-like manner that showed the kind of family he came from, but with a slugish smirk that reminded me that he was still a teenage boy. 
   "It was nice meeting you too", I smiled back and went into my home. 

  The air was cold inside even though the heater was . And though I wanted to convince myself otherwise, I knew the cold had more to do with the absence of a true home than the absence of warmth. It was times like this that I missed my mother and my father and the family we had before, the most. 
     But No matter how cold it was in this big house and no matter how indifferent it felt, this was the closest id ever come to home. So I turned off the lights and snuggled myself into my bed, looking at the moon as I fell asleep.

   When I left for school the next morning, Oh Sehun was sitting out on the curb at the end of the neighborhood. He denied he was waiting for me. Instead, he said
    "My legs were tired" and joined me on my walk to school. 

 

*SEHUNS POV*
    It was hard to believe Park Jihyun lived in a big home alone. Her smile was bright as ever, her hair was neat, and her uniform was ironed in a way a mother would iron her daughters clothes. People might question what exactly was different about who ironed your clothes; ironed clothes is just ironed clothes. But i knew the difference.
  I came from a loving home but most people forget I come from a business household; you dont have time to cook for your child, let alone iron their clothes. Instead, the maids do it in a mother's place while the mother was stuck in meetings and business deals. And when you have friends such as mine, who's
mothers were home to cook and clean, you begin to compare it to your own home. The food. The cleaning. And especially the ironed clothes.
   Months ago, on a weekend, as I waited for Suho Hyung in his living room, his mother brought out an ironing board and his school uniform. She smiled as she set it down and very gently set the iron onto his uniform. I will never forget the look in her eyes. How much she admired it. The kind of look that told you just how proud she was of her one and only son.  When I left his home, she had still not finished ironing his uniform.
   When I went home that day, I watched the maids iron my clothes. Within five minutes they had completed one uniform, thrown it on a wire hanger and added it into my closet with the thousands of my other uniforms. No sencerity. No admiration. No love. They were trained to do this kind of stuff the way I was trained to eat with my mouth closed. And from that day on, the clothes I wore always felt colder. 
   So yes, there was a difference. You can always feel the effort put into it. And I couldnt help but wonder how Jihyun had pulled that off and think that perhaps, Jihyun would make a great mother someday. 
    

    

 

   It was ten minutes into class and Jihyun was already panicking in her seat. Since the first time id seen her, she had caught my attention so it should be understandable why I felt so anxious when I saw her in this state. 
   "Whats wrong?", I whispered over to her. 
   "I dont have a notebook", she pouted. I laughed at this silly situation. 
   "Youre panicing because you dont have a notebook?"
   "Its my second day of school! Do you know how important a notebook is!"
   "Aish". I turned around and tapped Kai on the shoulder. "Yah, do you have an extra notebook?"
   "Ani. Wae?"
   "Jihyun needs one". 
   Kai turned leaned over to his left to a girl with short black hair. I recognized her since she was in my class since the beginning of the year but i had no idea what her name was. 
   "Excuse me", Kai smiled at her. She looked at him with hopeful eyes, perhaps already trying to imagine what he was going to say next and hoping it was the words she wanted to hear. "Do you have an extra notebook?"
   "Uh, yeah", she smiled as she dug into her back and pulled out a purple notebook. She handed it him with a blush on her cheeks. "Komawo", he smiled back and turned to me. 
  "Yah, dont you feel bad for her?", I whispered to him. 
  "Like youre one to talk. The first gift you give to your girlfriend-", he gestured to Jihyun, "is a notebook. Cmon Sehun, you can do better than that". I snatched the notebook at of his hands and hit the top of his head. 
   "Shes not my girlfriend", I scolded. Not yet anyway, I thought.
   I turned to face Jihyun who's attention was on the teacher. She tried to scribble the notes on her hand. How tacky. But cute. Before handing her the notebook, I wrote inside the cover. 
   Yah. Gangster. You better use this notebook well, arasso? Study hard and do well. You dont have any reason to panic now. 
  -Oh Sehun

  I tossed it on her desk and she looked up at my with puppy eyes. 
   "Is this mine?"
   "Then who elses", I retorted back, scribbling down my own notes. She opened the notebook and saw my note. I could quite see her face for a reaction but I heard her chuckle. And for some reason, it made me smile.


  The lunch bell rang and she left class without the slightest hint of where she was headed too. I peeked out the door, but she was long gone. I sighed to myself as Kai slung his arm around my shoulder. We walked together to the cafeteria to join the rest of our friends but she never escaped my mind. 

 

*NARRATORS POV*
   Jihyun swiflty made her way through the hallway. She was barely noticed by the other students that walked past her. She was elusive and quick on her feet and she couldnt tell wether this was a skill or a nature. Out of everything her father had taught her, this was definetly one of the things that came most natural to her. 
   When she reached the school's garden, she finally smiled to herself. How much this garden reminded her of her mother. She never knew what it was, because she had never remembered her mother ever taking a liking in gardening, but the way it felt inside the garden reminded her of how she felt when she was in her mother's arm. Before she took a step inside, she heard the slightest sound of movement. Then laughing. Boys. At least 8 of them, Jihyun estimated by the sound of their footsteps. She heard the clattering of pots and she knew what they were doing. 
   Through her life, Jihyun had learn thousands of ways to take care of situations like these. Her father wasn't a good man himself, but he surely knew how to get rid of bad men. Especially since he was a single father. 
  Yet, though Jihyun thought of at least 10 ways to scare them off on the spot, none of them quite fit a normal teenage girl. Jihyun had to remind herself that she was no longer using the skills her father had taught her. So instead, she thought of the only solution a helpess girl, which she surely wasnt, would think of. 
  Ask for help. 
  And though Jihyun had no real friends quite yet, Jihyun knew exactly who'd she'd call for. She ran into the school again, frantically searching for Oh Sehun and his group of friends that had made a deep impression on her. She couldnt find him anywhere. She had to stop and think. She stood in the middle of the hallway, trying to calculate where people like sehun and his friends would be in a big school like this. Surely not the library and definitely not in the office. That was when she remembered the little tour he had given her just the day before. She insisted she'd never need to know where this place was when he said, 
  Im always here at lunch. Maybe you'll need to come and find me. Who knows?
  And that was when she exactly where he was. 

 

  Oh Sehun was eating his lunch diligently, shaking his head at Baekhyun who, being the person he is, ran around trying to catch chanyeol. Not until she was standing infront of him, breathing heavily, did he notice Jihyun was in the cafeteria. 
   "Oh, Jihyun-ssi", he fixed his posture as she tried to catch her breath. 
   "C- can", she took a deep breath. "Can you help me?"
   "Oh, its Jihyun~", Chanyeol ran over with Baekhyun following behind. 
   "Is something wrong?", Sehun asked with worried eyes. 
   "The school garden. Theyre trashing it!", she said, her eyes slightly teary. She wasnt sure why, but just thinking about it made her a bit anxious. Sehun stood and started running towards the garden. 


 
   When they arrived, there was no one there but the place was an absolute mess. 
   "Damn, we missed them. I was looking forward to a fight", Kai laughed. 
   "Yeah, right. Youve never gotten into a fight in your life", D.O said under his breath. 
   "What do you mean! I fought that guy in middle school!"
    "You punched him once and he backed out", D.O said in disbelief. 
    "Doesnt that prove how strong I am?"
    D.O shook his head wondering just what went through Kai's head. 
  Jihyun on the other hand, looked at the mess before her. She was a bit hurt at the sight but couldnt help but wonder what had happened to the group of boys who were trashing it in the first place. But when she heard the sound of a twig snapping and saw the slightest flash of black clothing behind the walls of the school, she had a good feeling who had come to help. And she couldnt help but feel a little greatful. 

   "I didnt even know we had a garden", Baekhyun walked in. 
   "Thats because youre took busy playing all the time", Suho said as he walked in. Soon, all of the boys followed behind. 
  Sehun couldnt help but notice the look on Jihyun's face. Jihyun had been at this school for less than three days but something about this garden meant a lot to her. So without a word, Sehun began to pick up the broken pots. 
   His group of friends were a bit surprised before they joined him. Jihyun knelt down beside him and began picking up the mess too. 
  She couldnt help but think that, if this was a korean drama, a happy ost would play at this moment. The kind that gave you hope and made you smile with it's tune.