Hyun Joong, Chicken Restaurant, Fluff - Drabble Prompt

SS501 One Shots

requested by prettygreenink

You smiled happily as you sat in the passenger seat of Hyunjoong’s car. He had finally agreed to take you to try out his chicken restaurant, Jaksal. You had been asking him to take you for awhile, but he was being modest about it, saying that you could get better chicken anywhere.

When you arrived, you practically jumped out of the car. “Don’t be too excited Jagi, it’s just chicken.” He said with a smile. Even if he was being humble like this, you knew he was happy that you showed so much interest in his business.

“I can’t help it Oppa! I’m so glad you finally agreed to let me come here. I’ve been dying to try it for ages. My friends keep asking if it’s good. It’s embarrassing to say I haven’t been here when I’m your girlfriend.” You took his hand and let him lead you into the restaurant.

You gasped silently at how many people were inside. You knew it was pretty popular since he had several locations, but you hadn’t expected it to be so busy. The two of you quickly snuck into the back before he would be recognized by too many people. “What do you want to try Jagi?”

“Hm… how about the garlic chicken? I heard the spicy chicken is popular, but I don’t really like spicy food.” Hyunjoong smiled at you and nodded before leaving to put your order in. When he returned, the two of you smiled at each other, laughing a bit. You had gotten used to this kind of silence with Hyunjoong. He wasn’t overly talkative most of the time, but once he got talking, sometimes it could be hard to get a word in.

The food arrived quickly. The scent overwhelmed you and you took a bite as soon as possible. Your eyes widened at the flavor. “Oppa! It’s so good!” You exclaimed with a mouth full of chicken. Hyunjoong smiled at you before looking down at his own plate. You weren’t surprised by how much food had been brought out. You had read that the servings were quite large.

“Oppa, what did you get?”

“The roasted chicken. Do you want to try some?” You nodded at his offer. He gave you a bite of it and you thought you were in heaven.

“Why is all of it so good? How can anyone have a favorite when all the food is this good?” Hyunjoong laughed at you.

“You really like it that much?”

“Of course I do! We should come here often. It’s really delicious Oppa.” You stuffed more chicken into your face. Hyunjoong agreed easily. He looked up at you and chuckled. “What?”

“You have sauce here.” He reached over to wipe the sauce off with his thumb, making you blush and your heart flutter. Even after dating for awhile, little things like this could still make your heart race. You quickly reached for you napkin to dap your mouth, embarrassed that you had been eating so carelessly.

“Don’t worry Jagi. I like that you are enjoying the food so much.” He said, already knowing what you were feeling. You smiled at him again.

“Thank you for bringing me here Oppa.”

“We’ll come again soon, don’t get sick of the food.”

“Never!” You took another bite of chicken, smiling at your adorable boyfriend as he stood to go take pictures with some of the customers at the restaurant.