Jungmin - Insecurities

SS501 One Shots

You laid back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. You were still wrapped in a towel from showering, your motivation to get dressed lacking. You had been working out a lot recently to try to lose weight. All of the exercise left your body rather sore.

You normally didn’t worry about your weight. However, when some of your co-workers had pointed out that you were looking a little heavier, and your favorite jeans didn’t fit anymore, you realized you needed to do something. You didn’t want to worry Jungmin while he was promoting, so you didn’t tell him that you were trying to lose weight.

After laying there for a few minutes, you finally got up to get dressed. You dressed in lounge clothes since you wouldn’t be going out for the rest of the night. You put your hair up in a bun and put on your slippers before going out to the kitchen to make some dinner. You found the chicken you had put away earlier and some vegetables.

You cooked both and sat down to eat. You pushed the food around your plate. You had to admit, while you were starting to see results from all your hard work, eating like this was getting old. It wasn’t the worst tasting food in the world, but it also wasn’t that delicious. Just as you started eating, Jungmin entered the apartment.

“Jagiya!” He called as he put his bags down and removed his shoes. You jumped up and hurried to him.

“Oppa! You’re home! How was the recording?” You threw your arms around his neck and his arms wrapped around your waste. He noticed that you felt a bit different in his arms, but didn’t say anything about it figuring it must have just been awhile since he held you.

“It was good. Thankfully I didn’t have to stay for the entire recording. I’m so hungry and tired! Have you made dinner yet?” He asked as he walked toward the kitchen, you still wrapped in his arms. He spotted your plate of barely eaten food. “Oh you’re already half finished…”

“No! I just started Oppa. Give me a few minutes and I can make something for you.” You smiled up at him, happy to see his shining face.

“Just started? Jagi there isn’t much food on your plate. Unless you turned into a vacuum cleaner while I was away, how can you have just started eating?” The confused look on his face made you anxious. Jungmin had never had much of a problem staying fit since he was constantly dancing. You just wanted to look good next to him.

“I don’t eat as much as you do, you know that.” You poked his stomach playfully, trying to draw attention away from the lack of food on your plate.

He smiled for a moment, but it quickly faded. He stared into your eyes. “Seriously Jagiya, is that all you’re eating for dinner?” Your body stiffened in his arms.

“I don’t want to talk about this Oppa,” you pulled away from him, and wrapped your own arms around your stomach.

“We have to Jagi. I’m worried about you.”

“I’m fine Oppa. I’m working out, drinking plenty of water, and eating enough.” Jungmin stared at you, clearly not convinced.

“Eating enough, or what you think should be enough? I noticed you felt different when I held you just now. How much weight are you losing?”

You didn’t know what to say to him. You really didn’t want to talk about this. It was already a painful subject for you. You hated that you felt uncomfortable in your own skin. Was it so wrong that you try to feel better about yourself. You hadn’t noticed the tears that started forming in your eyes until Jungmin reached up to wipe them away as they fell down your cheek.

“I told you, I don’t want to talk about this.” You lightly pushed his hand away from your face and turned your back to him. You heard him sigh behind.

A moment later he walked up behind you, his arms coming around you once again. “If you think you need to lose weight, that’s fine Jagi. But do it in a healthy way. Eat enough and don’t work out too much.” Jungmin spoke softly in your ear, holding you tight so you couldn’t escape from him, even if you wanted to.

“Oppa…” you were scared to say everything to him that was in your mind. “I want to look good next to you. I don’t want anyone to question why you like me, so I need to look like a model or something.”

“You still aren’t really listening are you?” he asked. You didn’t respond, unsure of what to say. “If you were gaining weight, I didn’t notice at all. Besides, I think it’s healthy for you to have a little extra weight on. I don’t want you to be stick thin. I like how you look when you’re curvy. You look y.”

You turned to look at him when his tone changed a bit at the end. You had a difficult time thinking of yourself as being y, but the look he was giving you made it hard to question him. “You… You’re sure?”

Jungmin smiled and nodded. “You’re perfect just the way you are.” You looked away from his face, processing this before nodding.

“Okay Oppa, I’ll try to listen to you better.”

“Thank you Jagiya,” he kissed you softly, keeping the kiss controlled. “Can you please feed Oppa now? I’m so hungry!”

========================================

A/N: This is for the anon that requested a Jungmin scenario for when you're insecure. Since you didn't tell me what the "you" character should be insecure about, I went with something that I think many people struggle with. I hope you like it!