Infinite Practice

I'll Be There

Infinite Practice


Sunggyu pulled his car out of the freeway, and drove to Woolim. He stopped at the stoplight, and turned towards Woohyun.

"So what did the manager want?" he asked.

"Ahh, well we have practice around 5. And he said that there was an important meeting." Woohyun said nervously. He was still wary about Sunggyu because he was known to blow up in the members faces when he was mad.

"Like, there is an annoucement?" Sunggyu asked, and stepped on the gas as the light turned green.

"Umm, yeah...." Woohyun replied. He looked out the window, taking in the city streets and tall buildings. There was a moment of silence, until Woohyun broke it.

"Sunggyu," he started, looking over at him.

"Yeah?"

"About Eun Young..." he elaborated, but paused.

"What about her?"

"...You know....what I'm trying to say..."

Sunggyu sighed. Sometimes, Woohyun was too curious for his own good. But as he opened his mouth to reply to him, he realized he really didn't know what to say. Eun Young was his friend whom he met during college. He was already in Woolim, and he could have moved out in the city, and lived on his own. But as he told his appa about his dream,  he realized....... there was no way that he could leave him and his sister alone. His father already had to work from dawn to dusk, making him tired and exhausted everyday of the week. And ever since that unfortunate accident with umma, Sunggyu had known that his appa had to work even harder, with the finances, and keeping his home which he only returns to a couple of hours before heading off to work, presentable and livable. Knowing that Eun Kyung was irresponsible and lazy, he had to stay home.

He was pretty lonely, he supposed. At that time, he was rivals with Woohyun, and wasn't too friendly with all the other trainees. So, he decided to attend a community college for the time being.

And at Park City College, he met Eun Young. They were good friends. He supposed that was the only thing he could really say.

"We're good friends." he said, echoing his thoughts.

At that, Woohyun raised his eyebrows. 

"That can't stand each other." he finished. "Woohyun, we're here." he added, and parked his car in the parking lot.


"Oh hey, guys," greeted Hoya, waving from across the Infinite Practice room.

"Hey," Sunggyu replied, "Is everyone here?" he asked, as he put his bag down in a corner. He looked around, searching for that one cocky, but handsome face.

"Ah, Myungsoo and Sungyeol aren't here yet." Hoya answered. Sunggyu sighed.

"Typical," sighed Woohyun, sitting on a couch all the way in the back  and propped his legs on the armrest.

"I guess we'll wait for them to come." piped up Sungjong, as he munched on a granola bar.

"Hey," called Dongwoo from the bench near the door of the practice room. He flipped a page of the magazine he was reading, and didn't look up. "Sungjong, pass me a cereal bar."

Sungjong chucked a bar at Dongwoo, who caught it with one hand, as the other ripped out a coupon from the middle of the magazine.

"Hey, you guys," said Sunggyu. Everyone, including Dongwoo, turned to look at him. "We should start warming up."

"But what about Myungsoo and Sungyeol, hyung?" Sungjong asked.

"They'll find us," Sunggyu replied. But honestly, that was the one thing that he didn't want them to do.


Sunggyu despised Myungsoo. His feelings for him was more than plain dislike, but he wondered if he truly hated him. Some days, he would think that he wasn't that bad of a guy. But on some other days, every fiber of of his being would want to reach out and strangle his pretty boy neck. Why? Well, that was for him to know, and for everyone else to find out. Which was another thing that he hoped no one would do.

As for Sungyeol, he liked the guy, but he was much too close to him for Sunggyu to sincerely trust and wholeheartedly like him. Wherever Sungyeol was, there was a good chance that Myungsoo was nearby. So he tended to stay away from him. 

"Hyung!" snapped Sungjong, "You're in the wrong spot!"

"Wha--? No, I'm n---" Sunggyu blurted before he looked around at the members, and realized he indeed was in the wrong spot.

"Sorry," he muttered, scratching the back of his neck, before trudging to his proper spot.

They were reviewing the dance to Be Mine, since they were performing it at the kpop concert in Korea.

Dongwoo was shaking his head, and lecturing Sunggyu about his dancing, while Sungjong nodded vigorously behind him, and then dodging Sunggyu when he tried to teasingly threaten him when they came in.

They came in, along with their manager hyung. Something had happened.