Faulty miracles

Destined to love you

Hey guys!!! So so so so so sorry that I've been gone for a while. I'll try updating regularly from now on. I still love you!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Please tell me you’re joking. You did not ing walk up to a person and ask if they’re happy” Daesung was on the floor laughing as Seunghyun remained brooding on the couch. He knew telling Daesung would be a mistake, but he needed to tell someone. “Sorry” Daesung cleared his throat, “So what did he say”?

 

Flashback

 

He wasn’t looking out for the pink haired boy Daesung talked about, in fact he had forgotten all about it until he overheard several people in the VIP talk about a certain pink haired boy, and when he set his eyes on him, he couldn’t take it off him. He was sure it was him because of his tattoos. 

There was definitely something there, he could feel it. His defective heart didn’t just beat for anyone. Sadly, the boy seemed to have a boyfriend who watched him like a hawk. He was about giving up when the boy ended up alone, it was his chance and he knew he had to take it. “Hi”, God the boy was beautiful, even with the mask, “I just wanted to ask, are you happy”? The words came out before he had the chance to think much into it. 

“I’m sorry”? He could hear the smile in his voice. 

“Are you happy”?

“Actually, I very much am. This is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life”

He wasn’t sure what he was expecting to hear but that definitely wasn’t it. “You know, I walked up to you hoping that you weren’t. From the moment I saw you, I wanted to do all I could to make you happy”

“Really”? The boy laughed, but not in a condescending way, “That’s the weirdest pick up line I’ve ever heard, but if you want to make me happy, then buy me lamborgini aventador”

“Done”! 

“What”? The boy laughed again. “Yeah right”

He was prepared to convince him so he dug into his pocket and flashed his black card at the boy, and the boy took it. “Wow it’s real. I have never seen one of these” While he examined it, Seunghyun couldn’t help but monitor his mannerisms, he was so refined. “While it’s cool that you have that, I have something worth more than a million black cards”

“Yeah”? Seunghyun stepped closer, “What”?

“This” The boy smiled as he revealed the necklace he was wearing.

“Whoa is that a mokingjay necklace”?

“Sadly its not a mokingjay..... You’ve read hunger games”?!!!!!! 

He didn’t like to reveal that he read books, but he was happy he did. “Of course I have, I also noticed your Keith Haring tattoo. He’s one of my favorites” Now he was just plain bragging, but he didn’t care, anything to get closer to the boy. 

“FINALLY, someone who appreciates him as much as I do and not just as logo on their clothes. My fiancé and I get into arguments over Haring all the time”

It was like a bomb was dropped, he was confident that he could steal the boy from his boyfriend, but finding out their engaged made things a bit complicated. “I...”

“Jiyong I think we should leave now” The fiancé pulled the boy away before he could say anything. 

 

End flashback

 

“Too bad your love story ended before it even started” Daesung tapped his shoulders reassuringly. “It’ll be easy to move on since you didn’t get his name”

Seunghyun laughed, “Yeah but we know what hotel they’re staying. Reed is on his way here, I’ll have him look up everything about him”. Reed was somewhat of his personal assistant, he was good at finding things. 

“Don’t. Seunghyun I know you wouldn’t try to break him and his fiancee up, and finding out more things about him would only make it worse for you since you can’t actually travel to NY to find him”

“But what if I want to travel to New York to find him”?

“Seunghyun”? Daesung was shocked. 

“What if I get the heart? I could fly to New York.... My doctor said I could get one as soon as tomorrow. Miracles do happen”

“Seunghyun” It was the first time Daesung had ever seen Seunghyun hope, “You are serious aren’t you”?

“Why can’t I have anything? I have never asked for anything, never. Can’t I just  ask for this”?

“You like him that much”? Daesung moved closer to Seunghyun, “But you just met him”

“I know right? It doesn’t even make sense why I’m feeling like this. After he left last night, I drove to his hotel and waited in the lobby, hoping... no praying that he would come out. Isn’t this funny? I don’t even know his name... I haven’t even seen his face”!

“Don’t worry, he’s ugly” Daesung tried to lighten the mood. “He has burn scars everywhere, and he smelled funny too. You know, he just might be a e...I mean why would he be lurking in a hotel shirtless, bragging about a person in his room”

Seunghyun laughed, he appreciated what Daesung was trying to do, but Daesung was right. 

“You know what, if you meet him again and he’s single, I will support you 100% but till then...”

“I’ll just wish that they break up, and that I’ll meet him again”. They both laughed.

 

                                                                                ****

 

“Are still not talking to me”? Jiyong asked. Both boys were lying on the bed, Jiyong was facing the ceiling while Youngbae had his back to Jiyong. “Are you going to ignore me all day”? He asked again when Youngbae remained silent, he knew Youngbae was awake. “It’s our last day here, do you really want to spend it like this”? There was still no answer. He and Youngbae had their biggest fight last night. He’d never seen Youngbae so angry, they fought in the cab ride all the way to the hotel. They fought till they both fell asleep. “I hate that you don’t trust me”, he added silently. 

“It’s not that I don’t trust you” Youngbae finally turned to face Jiyong, “You should have seen the way he looked at you”

“He was wearing as mask, how could you possibly know how he looked at me”?

“I’m not an idiot Jiyong, you seemed interested. You two.... you two kind of looked good together”

“What are you talking about”?

“His blue hair, your pink hair..... Are you laughing”? Youngbae stared at Jiyong as Jiyong laughed, he had no choice but to join in too. He realized how stupid he sounded; a lot of people in the party had some sort of weird hair color. 

“I love you, but you really are stupid”

“I guess I am” Youngbae scooped Jiyong in his arm, “I’m sorry”

“You should be”

“I am” He kissed Jiyong all over. “So, what should we do today”?

“I was thinking you’ll help me dye my hair, then we’ll go out for our last tour of the city”

“Jiyong your hair will fall out soon” He laughed, “What color this time”?

“I’m thinking dark brown. Also, I have enough dye for the both of us” Jiyong smirked, Youngbae hated dying his hair. 

“This is my punishment, isn’t it”?

“My fiancé is so smart”!!!!

 

 

                                                                                   ****

 

Seunghyun was seated in his car, eyes never leaving the building before him when the passenger door opened and someone entered, “I shouldn’t have told you where I was” he said, eyes never leaving the hotel. 

“You’ve been sitting here all day”?

“Well you did say not to get Reed involved so I decided to do it myself”

“Seunghyun” Daesung was worried about his friend. 

“I’m not going to approach him, I just wanted to see him”

“Have you”?

“No. No pink haired person has entered or left the hotel since I’ve been here”

“So maybe he checked out, Seunghyun this isn’t healthy. You’ve been sitting in your car for hours” Daesung shook his head, he’d never seen Seunghyun look so desperate.

“I know what you’re thinking” 

“If you do, lets go. I’m starving, there’s an In-N-Out Burger close by. I could use a burger. Want me to drive”?

“What about your car”?

“A driver dropped me”

 

                                                                             ****

Jiyong and Youngbae were seated in a Starbucks after a whole day of walking round metro area; they were both sipping their green tea frappuccino silently. 

“I’ve never been this tired....and we walk a lot in New York”

“Maybe because it’s 500 degrees here” Youngbae laughed, “It’s almost ten, we should get a cab and head back so we can rest before our flight tomorrow”

Jiyong laughed; no one was as calculated as his fiancé. If it were up to him, he would be out all night and miss his flight. 

He would never not be grateful for having Youngbae in his life. They got into a cab and sat close to Youngbae, he wasn’t sure why but he felt particularly close to him today; it was almost like he loved him more today than he ever had, which wasn’t possible. He nuzzled closer to Taeyang.

“Young lovers”! The driver laughed, peeking at them through the rearview mirror, “I remember the good old days when.........”

 

                                                                              ****

 

It started out as a dream; his Min Jung telling him to return home hurriedly, only to find out that there was a potential heart for him. The next thing he knew, it was 1:00am and he was waiting in the executive lounge at the hospital with Daesung, with his step mother coming in and out. She was now talking with a few doctors. “Yes, I just spoke to him. They took off over an hour ago, it’s a five hour flight so they would probably land in a few hours . How is the other boy and the drivers”?

“The boy is fine for now, he’s still unconscious but we’re checking for signs of internal bleeding. Both drivers didn’t make it. The hit was on the drivers and the brain dead boy’s side”

 

“Has anyone spoken to you yet”? Daesung asked Seunghyun.

“No, but I think we have an idea of whats happening. Someone is dying and I’m first in line for their heart” Seunghyun sighed, he wasn’t sure how to feel about it. He wanted to be happy, to have a heart meant he could be free to do whatever he wanted, like fly to New York and find the pink haired boy, but it also meant that someone out there would be losing a son, a friend, a husband, or even a father. “Min Jung what’s happening”? He finally asked when the doctors left, “Dammit, it’s my life we’re talking about here. I have a right to know or I swear I’ll leave”

“Okay” she sat beside him, “There was an accident today, a very bad one. A drunk driver ran a red light and hit a cab carrying two boys”

“How old”

“What”?

“I SAID HOW OLD ARE THE BOYS”?! He didn’t mean to raise his voice, but he’d expected it be someone a bit older. 

“They’re about your age... both drivers died on impact; one of the boys suffered brain damage, the doctors tried all they could but was officially declared brain dead a few minutes ago”

Seunghyun’s heart was racing, “But he’ll be fine, right. Even though I’m waiting, he will get through it right”?

“No Seunghyun, when a person is brain dead, he’s legally dead. They are keeping him on life support so his parents can say their final goodbyes” 

“What were you saying about a flight, where are his parents”?

“Uhmmm.... they weren’t from here. It seems like they were only here on vacation, so I sent reed and a jet for them so that they could get here faster”

“Oh God, I don’t even want to know what they must be going trough. They shouldn’t even want to donate their son’s organ”! 

“He’s an organ donor, but we still need their consent since he’s not a donor in this state”

“I don’t know if I can do this” Seunghyun ran his hand through his hair, “If he doesn’t get to live, why should I”

“There really isn’t anything you can do... if you don’t accept it, it will go to someone else” Daesung finally spoke up. 

“Then let it go to someone else”

Daesung was slowly losing his patience, “Seunghyun this may very well be the miracle you talked about. I know it but guess what? What good does it do you if you turn it down again? Or are you so stupid that you don’t see how hurt we are that you’re willing to throw your chance of living away at every chance you get”?

“But...”

“No buts, don’t you understand how much it kills us every time you turn down a donor”? Daesung was crying now, “Please Seunghyun”, he got down on his knees. 

Min Jung took a step toward Seunghyun “Seunghyun, I know you don’t see it as a miracle because it really isn’t. What it is, is a second chance.... you neither caused this, nor did you kill him but Seunghyun the doctors say that it’s the best match they’ve seen so far. He’s your age, same blood type, and healthy, which is strange considering the situation”

“Can I see him”? He faced Min Jung.

“I’m afraid not, he’s in the ICU on life support. Even if he weren’t, you’re not supposed to know. The doctor broke protocol for me because it was the only way to get the parents here on time, and I can’t tell you who they are. It’s better this way. Please Seunghyun, just listen to me for once”

Seunghyun looked at her and finally saw it, it hurt her as much a it was hurting him, maybe even more since she was a parent herself. She was the one who would have to talk to the parents. 

He’d never really appreciated her till now, his father was never around but she was, even now, doing all the work when she really didn’t have to. After all, she wasn’t his mother. 

“I should go, I should be around them before their parents get here. I’ll be back when the parents get here, and we can decide where to go from there”?

“Okay”

Min Jung turned to leave but Seunghyun didn’t let her, he hugged her tightly. He knew she was scared, even though he was getting a heart, the procedure was a very complicated one and anything could happen. “Thank you. Thank you so much for everything”

“Thank me when this is all over...” Her voice broke “When this is over greet me with open arms, make sure you do” She pulled away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~
So i have a new love in my life that I love just as much as gd. This boy right here

 

His name is Kim Jiwon, and he's amazing!