What happens in LA

Destined to love you

GUYS I DID A THING. I dabbled in photoshop and came up with a poster for myself. It's not exactly amazing, I mean I've seen some amazing posters here on AFF but I'm quite proud of myself. Thanks to those who offered to help, I'll definitely take you up on your offer if I write more fics in the future :)

 

~~~~~

 

May 2010

 

 

“Baby, are you awake”? Jiyong yawned, cuddling into the arms of his first love. “Babbbyyyyy” he whined, and Youngbae faced him with a smile, sleep still in his eyes. “Jiyong, I think we’ve done enough tourism for one lifetime. Can we just stay in all day today”?

Jiyong smiled back, “Very funny, common it’s Friday night and our flight back to New York is in two days”, he pouted. 

“Fine” Youngbae proceeded to caress Jiyong’s face, “You know I can never say no to you”. Jiyong took Youngbae’s hand and kissed all five fingers. “I love you Jiyong, always and forever”

“Always and forever”, Jiyong responded, he may not have said those three words back, but they both knew that they were beyond them. “On a scale of one to five, how pissed would our parents be if we got married right now”

“I would say about one because they know we’re technically married already. If only it were legal” Youngbae played with the vintage locket around Jiyong's neck. It was his late great grandmothers locket that had been passed down to him, the same one he used to propose two weeks ago; the night of their high school graduation ceremony. 

Jiyong stared at Youngbae and marveled at the sight before him, Youngbae shined from inside out; he had the ability to make people feel better.  Neither of them had the easiest life;  growing up in the Bronx where their parents co-owned a Korean restaurant as their only source of income. “I don’t ever want to go back to New York, I could get accustomed to this lifestyle. Just me and you, no parent calling for us every two seconds.... no subway hopping just to get to work”, he sighed. Over the last four years, he and Youngbae worked different part-time jobs, saving up for a trip to Los Angeles, only to be presented with two tickets from their parents as graduation presents, and they deserved it. They both got a full ride to FIT. It was no surprise that Youngbae would get in; Youngbae was an amazing artist, but when he got his acceptance letter, he was beyond ecstatic. Youngbae on the other hand, wasn’t surprised that he did. Youngbae's faith was another he admired; Youngbae always believed that there was a reason for everything, and that everything always worked together to for good. Too bad he didn’t believe it, he only went to church because Youngbae made him go.

Youngbae pulled Jiyong closer, “I know. I would run away with you if we didn’t have FIT.  Common baby our lives are just beginning, we are going have times that would be far more amazing than this one” Youngbae’s take on life was infectious, he always found a way to live life to the fullest; school, sports, church, work, volunteer, and parties on some weekends. He was never idle. Jiyong on the other hand loved his quiet time with his books, he could spend a whole day just reading and he would feel complete. He did loved partying though, even more so than Youngbae. 

“More amazing than spending five nights in Los Angeles”? Jiyong teased, “More amazing than going to Hollywood Universal studios, and.....”

“I get it” Youngbae poked Jiyong's nose. 

The two met when the Kwons moved from Korea to start a business with their old childhood friend, the Dongs. Both Jiyong and Youngbae were nine at the time, and they hit it right off. They were best of friends until the year they turned  fourteen when Youngbae snuck up to Jiyong’s room like he usually did, but this time didn’t leave before giving Jiyong a light kiss, an action that left Jiyong giddily screaming into his pillow all night.

Both families lived in an old four bedroom house; both parents had two rooms to themselves, Youngbae shared a room with his thirteen year old brother, while Jiyong had a room to himself, more like he had an attic to himself but he loved it regardless. 

The subtle kisses and blushes went on for almost a year before getting caught by Jiyong’s mother, which caused problems in the house for the following months until the parents realized that keeping them apart resulted in plummeting grades so they let them be. 

“How are you feeling”? Jiyong loved it whenever Youngbae worried about him, “Baby I wish you would be more patient next time, I hate feeling like I’m hurting you”

Jiyong rolled out of the bed and quickly wore Youngbae’s pajama pants that was lying on the floor, “See.... all good. I’m going to get some ice from the hall and you’ll help massage my back, if it’ll make you feel better” he winked at Youngbae while picking up the ice bucket. 

 

 

Jiyong slid the room key in his pocket, and let the door close behind him before leaning against it. It still felt like a dream, every moment with Youngbae that is, and he kept going back to the moment in his dark room when he was fourteen, when his cheeky best friend told him to come close to hear a secret. The truth was that he had been crushing on Youngbae before that night. Youngbae was his first friend, Youngbae taught him english, Youngbae always protected him whenever people were being mean to him. Long story short, Youngbae was his ‘The One’. The one with whom life without would be dull and meaningless. There were days he tried imagining what his life would be like without Youngbae, and he always came up empty, just a bottomless pit filled with misery. There were times when he would slip into depression, and Yougbae was always there to pull him out of it with words of encouragement, love, and plans for the future. Youngbae was the one with the plan, scholarship, FIT,  LA, everything, while he just tagged along. 

   Jiyong walked passed a few over dressed people sitting out in the hallway on his way to the ice machine but thought nothing of it until he was walking back and couldn’t resist asking, “Is something happening”? He approached a boy that was sitting by himself, of all the other people present, he was the least dressed; he wore a plain pink tee and black skinny jeans.

"Only the biggest party of the year..” The boy, whom was called Brad, spoke endlessly about some rich socialite who’d just graduated from high school and was having a masquerade rave party, whatever the hell that was. All tickets were gone except those scalping, but a few of the last twenty tickets were to be given to those that completed a city wide scavenger hunt, and the last stop of the scavenger hunt just happened to be room 409 of the W hotel, but only those who could get passed hotel security and were attractive enough would be given a ticket. 


“Wow, that sounds a little desperate” Jiyong didn’t care if he sounded insensitive, it was a little ridiculous that a person would spend over four hours running through this crazy hot town only to be turned back by the guards, and those who did make it pass the guards wouldn’t be given because they were not attractive enough, “Why would you want to do all that for some socialite”?

“Excuse me but TOP is not just some random socialite, plus I just need to get close to him so I can seduce him” Jiyong rolled his eyes at the douchey name, “I heard he’s a fireball in bed... plus imagine all the things he could buy me. He even got his ex-boyfriend a Dolce & Gabanna deal. Wait..... do you have a room here? Are you rich or something”?

Jiyong laughed internally and hoped it didn’t show on his face, he always heard about the people of LA being over the top but he always assumed it was a stereotype, like the stereotype that all New Yorkers were mean. “Actually I am, I am Obama’s long lost son”.


“OMG, are you a e? Because you totally have that ‘I just had ' lookdoes it pay well”?

That was his cue to leave. Apparently, walking out of your hotel room with baggy pajama pants hanging on your lower waist and a few hickies was a trademark for es in Los Angeles. You learn new things everyday, “Good luck Brad, I....” The door then opened, and two very attractive boys stood by it with envelopes. "Sorry we only have twelve left", they announced a few people whined. The smiles on their faces confirmed all he'd been thinking; they were indeed cocky bastards. "So which of them is the TOP dude"? he asked Brad and got laughed at, "Like TOP would ever come to a place like this. These are his friends; Dae ane Jason. Dae is....", the boy went on and on but Jiyong tuned him out.

He could have left but he decided to stay, the line shortened fairly quickly and of all the boys that were before him, only three got the gold colored envelope, Brad didn’t get one either. 

“So I’m going to need three of those tickets” Jiyong announced when it was his turn, “Are you giving it to me or what? I have a very hot person waiting for me in my room, I don’t have time for this”. He flashed his room key card when they were too dumbfounded to speak. 

 

 

 

 

 

“And they gave you three tickets just like that”? Youngbae yelled out from the bathroom. 

“I know right”? Jiyong was still laughing, the Dae guy gave him a card to call when he arrived at the party but he threw the card in the trash. Brad offered to bring them costumes as a payment for one of the ticket. “Baby you don’t have to go if you don’t want to”

“Are you kidding? I need to see this party that apparently makes people desperate” Youngbae emerged from the bathroom with a towel tied around his waist, “What should we do until the Brad guy picks us up”?

Jiyong bit his bottom lip, “I know about a million things we can do”.

 

 

 

 

Beeeeeep        Beeeeeep        Beeeeeep         Beeeeep

“See mother..... everything is fine” Seunghyun gritted his teeth, sweat breaking on his forehead. He was surround by five different doctors, two who were his regular, and three from God knows were. He was jogging on the treadmill in his room as the doctors monitored his heart rate and took notes. Just another Saturday. 

“Everything is not fine Seunghyun, the hospital called this morning saying that they detected an irregular activity”

Seunghyun was nine when his mother died, and at age fourteen he was diagnosed with the same heart disease that killed her. At the time they were sure that he only had the recessive gene of the disease so they let it slide until a about a year ago when he slumped in the bathroom while taking a shower. There’s nothing starting your senior year with a pacemaker embedded in your heart, but that didn’t stop him, in fact he scored more sympathy money and gadgets from his father, with the help of his stepmother. 

Min Jung was her name, and he could remember the day his father returned from one of his business trips with a woman and her daughter, he was twelve at the time. At first he thought she was to be his nanny but the two were married after a few months after so it was only fair that he should hate her. 

“I’m having this party even if I drop down and die in the middle of it” 

“SEUNGHYUN”!

Min jung hated it when he made jokes like that, well too bad he wasn’t joking. Over the course of a year, his condition had gone from bad to worse; he’d had two massive heart attacks and his old pace maker was exchanged with a more modified one that allowed the doctors detect whenever his heartbeats were irregular, he had to take over twelve different medications a day, and had weekly ablation therapy. The sad part of it all was that he was prepared for the worst. Life was boring; constant nights of parties with vain people. Being unable to drink anymore or do any hardcore party things left conversations the only thing he could do at the parties he hosted, but no one ever wanted that, all people wanted was to get drunk and each others brains out. His last boyfriend, Mark, dumped him because well, wasn’t a luxury for him anymore. The last thing he wanted was to be called by the hospital in the middle of . Truthfully he saw the break up coming; Mark was a dolce and Gabbana model, and sort of a , the was amazing but sadly, it was all they ever had in common. “So doc, is my party tonight a go or what”?

“Yes but you have to take it easy, any more strenuous activity and.....”

“And I might die, GOT IT”! He laughed and stepped off the treadmill. His father being the most caring, and eternally absent father in the world paid millions for the best doctors and surgeons for him because throwing money at people made things better, sadly. 

“I’m serious Seunghyun, you never know when a new heart would come. You could be getting a call as soon as tomorrow morning. Miracles do happen”

Seunghyun laughed, it wasn’t that he didn’t have faith, actually he didn’t but the miracle the doctor talked about was the miracle of his father being so rich that he paid for his name to be bumped to the top of the recipient list, “Yes miracles”. He bided goodbye to the doctors after an additional thirty-minute lecture. 

There was a process that went with recieving a heart, and that process included a list and a one year waiting period. Among the list in question was a twenty five year old woman who was recently engaged, a mother of four, a teenage girl, a teenage boy who was supposed to get a football scholarship to UCLA, but got terminated because his heart started failing. There were fifty other people on that list, and five had died already because their condition worsened and some other rich folk had taken their spot. Some had been waiting for over a year already, and there he was on the top of the list in less than two days. He was below average in school, failed woefully in sports, and the only thing people would miss about him was the party he threw. Isn’t life amazing?

There was one person he knew would miss him though, and that was Daesung. Daesung was his childhood friend, and the only non-immediate family that knew about his condition. 

“So” Speak of the devil, “Is the party still on or are you dying today because I don’t think I can go to your funeral shirtless with neon paint all over my body” Daesung walked into his room casually. It was things like these he loved about Daeung, he loved that his best friend was the cup half empty type of person.

“How cool would it be if I died right now, I’’d be in my coffin with cotton candy blue hair” They both laughed.

“So, the venue is set. Endless food and booze are a go, plus the cops are on our side” Daesung said collapsing beside Seunghyun, “I still can’t believe you have blue hair, no one would recognize you”

“That’s the point, hair plus mask.... I could walk around... who knows whom I might see”

“DUUUUDE.... you would not believe how much people did the scavenger hunt thing”

Seunghyun shook his head, “I can’t believe you guys really did that. You two are evil”

“Common it’s fun, don’t be such a downer... plus I found you a guy”

“Like I would date those losers” He knew what people thought of him. After Mark, rumors went round that he slept with models and lavished them with money, gifts, and a ticket to fame and money.

“No he wasn’t like the rest. So there was a line and then this Korean guy shows up with pajama pants, holding a pitcher of ice and demanded three tickets”

“That's something you don't hear everyday” Seunghyun laughed. 

“Seriously” Daesung continued, “He had a Pokemon ball tattoo on this shoulder, that Keith Haring art you like so much tattooed on one of his forearm, and then two x’s on top of his belly button”

“And you think this guy is my type just because we both like Keith Haring”?

“Oh, and for the cherry on top.... he has cotton candy pink hair. And did I mention that he had a room at the W so he’s not some poor desperate loser. Also, did i mention that he didn’t know who you were... he asked and I quote, ‘Who the is this TOP, and what makes him so great’”

Now Seunghyun was interested; everyone knew who he and Daesung were. He partied with celebrities, his face had been splashed across several magazines. “He’s obviously lying”

“He really wasn’t though, he was all nonchalant when everyone was fawning over Jason and I.... I did over hear him say he was from New York though so maybe that’s why. You don't get to travle much because of your heart thing. Anyway, I gave him my number, hopefully we’ll see him tonight”

“I don’t care” he said but he knew he’d be looking out for the boy in pink hair during the party. 

 

 

 

11:30pm

 

Jiyong loved the party, it had been over an hour since they arrived and in that time span, seven people had gotten him drinks, and ten wanted his number. He knew he was attractive, but here it felt like he was the most attractive person, which clearly wasn’t true because on several different occasions, he’d bumped into famous runway models and a few celebrities. Even with their masks on, he could tell how attractive they were “You aren’t having fun are you”? He laughed as he playfully bit Youngbae’s ear. 

“How could I when everyone’s looking at you like you’re some piece of meat” Youngbae grumbled, the party was fun but he hated how much attention Jiyong was getting. He didn't want to be the jealous boyfriend, but it was the outfit; Jiyong wore tight red leather pants, and a black see through long sleeve shirt. 

Jiyong laughed again, “Now you know how I feel whenever girls hit on you, which I've seen a lot do tonight”. The one thing that worried him about his relationship with Youngbae was that Youngbae looked and acted that the stereotypically straight male; he was amazing at sports and loved working out, and it was evident in the six packs he always carried under his shirt. He was so good at sports that he’d been the captain of the football and track team since junior year. “We can go if you want”

“Thank you thank you thank you thank you” Youngbae kissed Jiyong all over his face, “I’m just going to run to the bathroom for a quick second” Jiyong nodded and turned to his phone immediately Youngbae left. People bothered him when Youngbae was with him, he could only imagine what they would do as he stood in a corner by himself. “Hi” A deep voice called from behind him and turned to face the person. He could tell that the person before him was out of this world attractive, his mask covered most of his facial features but there was something attractive about him. He was tall, had a sharp jawline, perfect lips, and the most interesting thing was that his hair was blue. He always thought he was the most daring person in the world, always changing his hair color to fit his mood, but he was cleary wrong. He'd never tried cotton candy blue hair before, there were just some things he wasn't brave enough to do, but this person was, and whoever he was, he looked amazing. “I just have one question" The boy continued, "Are you happy”?

 

 

A/N

Hey you, thanks for reading. So how was it?