002

Can't I Love Him?

Chapter 002

 

 

 

Joohyun walked on the street alone that night. She had just left the store after buying some food for herself. But she didn't know why, she felt that the wind was too cold. 

"Ah... It's just my feeling. Nothing will happen." she laughed nervously as she wrapped her arms around her body.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps behind her. Joohyun quickly turned around and saw a few guys following her. 

"Hey there, pretty girl. Wanna have some fun today?"

She widened her eyes and started to walk faster. 

"Where are you going? Trying to run?" one of them grabbed her hand in a swift movement.

"Wha-what do you want?! Let me go!" she screeched, trying to escape from his grip.

"Why should we let you go?" they snickered.

They pushed her into the quiet alley roughly so quickly, Joohyun couldn't even register that. She shouted for help but no one was there.

"Yes. Shout for help. No one here though," they smirked deviously at her.

She stepped on his foot hard and ran away, also throwing the bag of food in their direction. Someone yelled as a loud 'thud' could be heard behind her. Joohyun's heart beat wildly and she scrambled away. But luck was not on her side. She stepped on a wet puddle and she slipped, landing on the ground hard. A sharp pain shot through her left arm. She could already feel the cold water seeping through her clothes and onto her skin.

A guy grabbed her roughly with a low growl. Just in a second, she found herself being pinned on the wall by the him.

"Where do you think you're going, muffin?" he asked as his eyes landed on her chest.

"Hu-huh?" her lips trembled and her body's shivered when she saw her own chest. Her wet shirt shows her pink bra clearly.

Joohyun used all her weight and pushed him but it was no use. She was too weak to fight against the guy. He smirked at her and crashed his lips on hers roughly. His friends laughed at her behind, and she couldn't do anything but try hard not to kiss him back.

Someone. Please. Help. Me! She screamed inside her mind as she broke up in cold sweat. Joohyun hoped that this was only her nightmare.

In a few seconds, she felt the weight of the guy leave suddenly. As she opened her eyes slowly, she saw him. It was Kai. 

Her eyes grew wide to see him kicking, punching and throwing the guys. He seemed strong, too strong for any human being. When he got hit by an iron rod multiple times, he fell on the ground weakly. Joohyun shouted his name many times but he didn't answer.

"He's dead?" they asked each other but none of them answered it.

She clenched her fist and walked furiously towards them. She then took the iron rod from the ground and hit them many times.

"Yah! Yah! Yah!" one of them pulled her hand away harshly.

"Do you think that you're strong?" he slapped her after saying that.

Kai opened his eyes slowly and saw Joohyun beating them. They're trying to her though. Anger and hatred grew inside him. Kai felt his head heating up then he gnashed his teeth together. He ran his tongue along the sharp incisors as his vision turned red. Forcefully, he willed his talons to grow out from his fingers. It had been a long time. Kai then let out a blood curdling snarl. Everything about him seemed scary.

"Don't you dare to touch her!"

Kai ran towards them and attacked them without mercy. Joohyun fell to the ground, shocked by Kai's transformation. She felt awfully frightened when she saw the monster bite into a guy's shoulder. Her body shivered and her lips trembled. She couldn't run away though.

He threw them everywhere. They're dying. Bleeding. They could die in his hand.

"Stop it!" she cried. "Stop it, Kai!" 

Kai turned around and looked at her. But he just bounded towards her like an animal, his talons outstretched. Joohyun screamed as the tears began to fall from her eyes. "Don't kill me!" she yelled.

Kai stopped his arms, just an inch away from her neck. The way she cried, the way she seemed terrified, it made his heart ache. He closed his fists and took a step backwards. His red vision faded and he fell to the ground, staring at her. Kai touched her shoulder gently but she pushed him aside.

"Go. Go away, Kai! Go away! Y-you de-demon!" she screamed, she just couldn't believe the monster in front of her was Kai. Joohyun hiccupped through her tears and she tried to move away, but she just fell weakly to the ground.

Kai lowered his head and gently touched her shoulder again. He hugged her softly even though he knew he was still in demon form.

"I'm sorry..." he said. His voice isn't same like his real voice at all. 

Joohyun pushed him and walked away without saying anything. She hugged her own self, she felt terrified and shocked at him. Little did she realise that her head was hurt and everything became dark. 

 

 


 

She opened her eyes slowly and looked around. The moonlight was shining through the curtainless window. She had no idea where she was actually at. She tried to get up but she couldn't. 

"You're awake?" a soft voice asked.

She looked up and she saw Kai emerging from the shadows of the room. He wasn't scary at all, he seemed kind.

"You passed out last night. I don't know where's your house so I took you here," he said while he sat on the chair next to the bed.

Joohyun looked at him. She wanted to make sure that he's not a monster, but the darkness seemed to make him glow. The irony.

"W-What are you?"

"I'm..."

"You're what?" she frowned. She could see the bruises on his lips.

"Demon. I'm a demon. From Hell."

 


 

Hai hai!

How's it?

Hope you'll like it! ^^

P/S: English is not my native language so bear with the mistakes :P

-Aeriren-