7.

No secrets between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun woke up with a smile the next morning. It felt oddly good to have a husband whom had not shouted at him for almost 24 hours. While Henry bustled around him preparing him for breakfast with Siwon, he asked about his rascal brother in law.

 

“He left the moment his Grace stepped through the gates. Typical of him, of course, they don’t get along.”

 

A wave of relief overcame the nervous young master. There is enough to worry about in Siwon’s presence to have to fight off Jumyuk’s unwanted attention.

 

But really, are they totally unwanted? That tiny voice in his head questions him.

 

I do not wish to dishonour my husband. Kyuhyun answers firmly to the voice.

 

Yet, conversations with Jumyuk had been pleasant, and his touches had been exciting, and he had longed for more after each gathering. Jumyuk had indeed given him a little more each time, luring the lonely new bride a step at a time like a goose destined for the chopping board.

 

Caution, it is your wedding you wish to preserve. Kyuhyun remind himself again.

 

 

 

Siwon was reading the newspapers while tucking into the breakfast eggs. The door opened and his new wife entered. He gasped inwardly at how beautiful Kyuhyun is in his new peach colored suit. The color brought out the rosiness of his skin. Siwon trailed his eyes from his face to the curve of his slender neck and lower, lower, lower. The peach satin stretched tight over a modest budge between his legs, images of ripe fruit flooded Siwon’s mind; sweet, juicy, and ready to touch and taste.

 

He shook his head violently and smiled welcomingly at the approaching boy, hoping secretly that Kyuhyun did not notice his discomposure. “Good morning, Kyuhyun.” He greeted and got up to hold out a chair for him.

 

“Good morning, Siwon.”

 

“What are your plans for today?”

 

Kyuhyun chewed on his lower lip as he deliberated over his reply. “I thought I’ll supervise the hanging of the silk coverings in the dining room and then make a list of other tasks for your approval.”

 

“That’s, erm, good.” Siwon struggles with the sense of annoyance rising within him. He had hoped that Kyuhyun will be idle. “Which room is next on your must do list?”

 

“The bedrooms.” Kyuhyun muttered, looking away and blushing furiously.

 

“Maybe I can join you in your inspection of the bedrooms then?” Siwon drops the hint as plainly as he hoped he could.

 

“If you must.” Kyuhyun’s head dipped further in embarrassment.

 

“Must?” Siwon bellowed the single word before reigning in the outburst he was about to unleash. There is no room for angry confrontations when he is trying to seduce his wife.

 

“Kyuhyun, I do not want you to feel obliged to do something, anything to please me. You hardly know me, perhaps it would be easier if we postpone…”

 

“For a few days? A week, maybe?” Kyuhyun asks hopefully.

 

Siwon nodded his consent reluctantly, forcing his mind away from the delectable budge he had imprinted in his mind.

 

Kyuhyun continued, looking absolutely sad. “Of course, I understand that you must have certain….needs. If you wish to visit your mistress I would not blame you for it.”

 

Siwon choked on his tea. “There are a few things we need to make clear between us, wifey dear. Firstly, I do not wish to discuss such matters at all, much less at the breakfast table. Secondly, if I ever wish to visit my “mistress” I do not need to ask for your permission or inform you when. Thirdly, you shouldn’t even know of such things but since you obviously do, I expect you never to talk about it. The last thing I intend to discuss with my wife are my “needs”.

 

After his outburst, Siwon paused for a brief moment to catch his breath and steady his wildly charging mind. He tells himself this is precisely why he did not wish to get married. Siwon looked at Kyuhyun, expecting to see tears or knowing laughter but instead he was met with a fierce glare. His anger rose, breaking the dam he so carefully erected to protect Kyuhyun against himself. That made him so angry he went on a fresh rampage.

 

“Visit my mistress? What gave you that cracked headed idea?” Siwon snorts. “You think I can’t control my animal lust for a few days without seeking release? Go to my mistress indeed! And where do you think I am keeping this mistress, since you seem to know so much about her?”

 

“I thought….when you went into the city…”

 

“I went on business!” Siwon snaps impatiently. “That is all you need to know!”

 

“Which is the same as not saying a thing!” Kyuhyun scolds, angry now.

 

Siwon threw his hands in the air in exasperation. He had to control his tongue lest he divulge to Kyuhyun that he knew everything about him. “I return with a carriage full of gifts for you, and still you are not satisfied?”

 

“It only makes me wonder why a man with a clear conscience would try to buy his way past me.”

 

Siwon stared down into the younger’s eyes and saw something he don’t recognise. Then it dawned on him. Jealousy. He had never seen it in Ryeowook’s eyes, when he finally did turn desperately to a mistress; Ryeowook had looked relieved, not jealous. Siwon is sure it was jealousy sparkling in Kyuhyun’s eyes because he saw the same gleam in his own eyes before.

 

The duke turned away to relish the moment. It was novelty for him and it flattered him greatly. Kyuhyun is not ready for his bed but he already cared where he’d been and who he’d been with, cared enough to reject his gifts but insist on his reassurance.

 

He turned back and made his way to the boy’s side and lean forward so his mouth is by the side of his ear. Kyuhyun feigned ill interest in his cold breakfast.

 

“I can think of many reasons why a man might buy gifts for his wife. As a reward for a memorable wedding night?”

 

Kyuhyun’s cheeks reddened.

 

“It certainly was memorable, but maybe it doesn’t deserve a reward?

 

Kyuhyun hangs his head lower in full blown embarrassment, lip jutting out in an adorable pout.

 

“As a peace offering from a guilty conscience, hmm….what is the possibilities? After spending two weeks in the perfumed arms of another woman, what should I bring home to buy my new wife’s silence?” Siwon teased slowly and he is pleasantly surprised to see curiosity cloud Kyuhyun’s face. “Wouldn’t it be a waste to make separate purchases for the mistress and the wife? Why don’t I duplicate them instead since both of them shalt not meet anyway?”

 

Kyuhyun’s fork suspends in midair as he listens intently to Siwon’s soliloquy. “But it can get quite boring after a while napping on perfumed s clad in nothing but a lacy corset. So I would prefer my wife to be properly attired when I am at home. So I would certainly choose a collection of decently plain fabrics, none of those lace and sheer materials.”

 

Siwon moves to stand on the other side of Kyuhyun before continuing. “The sight of rouged s displayed so generously behind transparent gauze might be intriguing to all who sees it for the first time but really, the rouge gets everywhere and stains the fingers and the teeth too.” He said while cupping an imaginary and grazing an imaginary with his teeth.

 

Kyuhyun gasped harshly as he dropped his fork.

 

Siwon’s face hardens slightly. “If I had spent the week with a mistress, I would have brought you a sensible wardrobe that will suit your tastes more. High necklines, heavy fabrics, and a plain bracelet, I think.” He stares into Kyuhyun’s eyes again. “But since I do not have a mistress or have plans to get one, I was contented with bringing silks and satins home to my wife.”

 

Kyuhyun’s mouth is set in a straight line showing his disapproval of the teasing Siwon just attempted on him. Siwon watched in wonderment as Kyuhyun’s face next changed to realization then anger again. He leaned close and Kyuhyun turned his head quickly away. He drops a hand on the back of the chair and in the process brushed the fair nape. Then he leaned closer so his mouth nearly touched the boy’s ear.

 

“I enjoy it alot knowing my wife is dressed fully in clothes I gave him, and even more to see the same clothes be removed at the end of the day. I’ll wait no matter how long it will take.”

 

A shuddering gasp escaped Kyuhyun and Siwon can’t help wondering what else will happen if he leaned even closer and take an earlobe between his teeth.

 

“Does it surprise you that I might like to see you happy and well?” Siwon asks blandly. “And that I might want to know you better?”

 

“I….”

 

“What did you expect when you came here?”

 

Kyuhyun was thoughtful for a while before answering carefully. “I tried very hard not to expect anything.”

 

“No hopes? Dreams? Fantasies?”

 

“I left them all behind a long time ago I suppose. It was better to just concentrate on marrying a man who would have me and make the best of the union no matter what. Aiming too high will only result in disappointment.”

 

“And if you aim too low?” Siwon prompts.

 

“It is foolish to hope for a particular type of husband when the ending is the same, I will have to obey him regardless of his features, wealth and personality.”

 

Siwon barked an amused laugh. “If you are willing to settle with anyone, then I guess I did not disappoint you too much.”

 

“Disappointed, no. Shocked, maybe.” Kyuhyun mutters dryly. “And what about you, Siwon? Do you have in mind whom you might marry? Since you said you have no mistress-“

 

“I don’t.” Siwon snaps impatiently.

 

“Did you have any plans, before I came….someone you wished to marry? When I first met you, you claimed to be a notorious rake and why would I not believe you then?”

 

“No man will reach my age without knowing about women. There were others before, of course but none recent enough to worry you and none that I would ever plan to marry. And no there weren’t any immediate plans your arrival could have upset. My mother was right when she said it’s time for me to settle down. I did it for love the first time, I shouldn’t be foolish enough to do repeat it. I guess you came at an a most  convenient time.

 

“Convenient?” Kyuhyun spoke the word as if it is a filthy curse. He turned away to regain his composure before turning back to speak again in a measured tone. “And I will strive to be of best assistance to you as a wife should be.”

 

Siwon watched as the boy begin attacking the bacon on his plate, sawing at the piece of delicate meat as if it was tough rubber. He reached out and placed his palm over the shaking hand, feeling it flinch before it begins to shake again.

 

“I think you’re lying when you claimed you have no hope, no dream for your marriage. Tell me the truth, was your heart promised elsewhere before you were compelled to come here? Did you enter this marriage on freewill? There is time still if you speak the truth.” Siwon urges gently.

 

“Time?” Kyuhyun asks curiously.

 

Siwon pulls a folded piece of paper from his pocket. “This is the reason why I made a trip to the city. I went through great pains to obtain this marriage licence.”

 

“We aren’t legally married?!” Kyuhyun gasped in horror.

 

“We are in the eyes of God because I have no intentions of breaking my promise made in that chapel. But in the eyes of the law, we still need to fill in both of our names on this piece of paper for it to be real. I need to make sure that you understand that, that you know you have a way out now if you were forced into it with me.

 

“It was impossible for me to obtain this in advance unless I was expecting your arrival. So I thought it’s proper that I get this as quickly as I could manage.”

 

“You went….to get that?” Kyuhyun still looked shell-shocked.

 

“I think it is fair to settle t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter