Epilogue

No secrets between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: And here it is, the long, and its seriously been long, awaited epilogue you have been asking for.

This chapter is not part of the original work, everything in here is all my own creation so it may feel a bit awkward in certain areas.

Please also ignore the facts of childbirth mentioned here, we know it is physically impossible for a man to give birth like that, but this is AU so let's just ignore and read on!

 

Two teenage boys crept silently along the empty corridor, weaving in and out of the shadows to hide their presence.

 

“Sssshhhh…..” The other and larger built one leading the way turned to remind, a finger on his ruby red lips.

 

“But Minho hyung-“ The younger and delicately built one in the back protests in a soft whine.

 

“Quiet, Taeminnie!” The older snaps in a hiss. “Here!”

 

Minho led the way to the picture gallery hidden in the inner halls of the 3rd floor of the manor. His playmate from since he was 7 years old, Taemin, had requested to see those old paintings of the ancestors past.

 

At 13, Choi Minho stands only a head shorter than his father, the duke. He is growing so rapidly everyone is positive that the next Duke Choi will surely be tall, lean and handsome when he succeeds his title.

 

Taemin, 10, is built delicate, soft and beautiful, and destined to be the next mistress of Choi Manor. Right now, he is just a boy who loves to paint. He had begged his Minho hyung for months to bring him to see the secret paintings.

 

Minho pushed open a heavy door to reveal a long corridor, its end shrouded in total darkness. Turning back, he gave Taemin a last chance to leave.

 

“It’s scary in here.” Minho promised the bright-eyed boy but the desire to see famous artists’ works easily overcome his fear of the dark. Seeing that Taemin is not going to back down now, Minho led the way in.

 

As soon as the door closed behind them, the boys are left in relative darkness, barely able to see in the dimness elevated by oil lamps scattered along the length of the gallery. Minho lit a lamp and brought Taemin close to observe the paintings one at a time.

 

The two boys find themselves staring up at a portrait of an unusual size. While every portrait only contains one person, this one contains two; Duke Siwon and Duchess Kyuhyun of Choi.

 

“This is so beautiful!” Taemin squeals excitedly. He squints to read the signature in the corner. “He is a very famous artist!”

 

“I bet he won’t be able to do such a good job if my appa isn’t so handsome and my umma isn’t so pretty.” Minho sniffs indignantly.

 

Taemin turned in a hurry when he realized that Minho has lost his good humor. He grabbed the older boy’s arm and blinks at him. That sad puppy look never fails to distract Minho and the older boy is very soon busy humoring his playmate, much to Taemin’s secret delight.

 

“Who’s that?” Taemin asks. He had been admiring the large portrait of his Minho hyung’s parents and only now pulls his gaze away to have his eyes land on the smaller portrait by the side, next to the Duke. He points curiously up and caught the other wrinkling his nose instead of answering.

 

Taemin turned back and admire the smaller painting. “He’s beautiful-” Taemin mutters absently as he leans closer to squint at the artist’s signature. “It’s a different artist but this one’s famous too!” He squeals.

 

“Father said he’s a distant relative.” Minho replied offlandishly. The Duke was very vague explaining this particular “relative” to his son and the smart lad got a feeling his father wasn’t too pleased to be reminded.

 

Taemin’s attention had since been diverted to the other paintings down the corridor before Minho could finish his soliloquy. Soft squeals can be heard coming from the darkness as he recognizes each artist’s work.

 

Minho was about to follow when he could hear a very loud call of his name. Instinctively he swallowed the ball of fear lodged in his throat.

 

“MINHO! CHOI MINHO! Where has the boy gone to?” Kyuhyun’s stern voice echoed in the empty stairwells. Minho cringed. No doubt the servants all heard their mistress yelling for his firstborn, infact they are pretty used to it by now. Their young master was a mischievous boy since he could crawl.

 

“Taeminnie! Quick! We have to go! Mother is coming!” Minho hissed loudly into the dark corridor but Taemin was so far in he could no longer hear him. “Taeminnie!”

 

“MINHO!”

 

“Taeminnie!”

 

“MINHO!” Kyuhyun’s voice is steadily growing louder and more forceful.

 

Minho swallowed as his little heart raced. Picking up his shaky legs, he dashed forward to search for his little friend.

 

“Hyung!” Taeminnie yelped aloud in shock when someone grabbed his wrist and he finds himself being pulled closer and closer to the exit.

 

“Mother’s here! We have to flee!” Minho hissed as he pulled his playmate easily along with him.

“MINHO!”

 

Taemin shuddered too at the ferocity of that shout. There is no doubt in his young mind that the Duchess is ethereally beautiful but he also has a temper that is out of this world.

 

Minho yanked opens the door and promptly fell over the lump on the floor. Taemin fell along with him and the boys found themselves tangled in a pile.

 

“BOYS!” At the same moment Kyuhyun made his appearance at the top of the stairs, Minho also realised that he had tripped over his younger brother, Suho, who is gleefully pointing him out to their mother.

 

“Mother.” Minho bleated as he glared at his snitching brother.

 

Kyuhyun struggled up the last step of the mahogany stairs, one hand on his swollen belly and the other on the balustrade pushing himself up.

 

“What are you boys doing up here?” Kyuhyun questioned firmly.

 

“We….erm….we….” Minho made a last ditch effort to save his behind. Taemin simply looked down awaiting whatever punishment that will be meted out.

 

“Have your father not tell you not to come into the gallery unsupervised?” Kyuhyun questions again.

 

“Y-yes, mother.” Minho stutters, knowing that he has no other option than to await his punishment too.

 

“Please, your Grace.” Taemin spoke up bravely. Kyuhyun’s stern eyes melted slightly as he directed his attention on his son’s guest. “I wanted to see the beautiful portrait of your Grace and the Duke, I pestered hyung to bring me to see it. It’s not his fault.”

 

“Mama!” Suho called out shrilly, waving his chubby arms around asking to be picked up.

 

Minho rushed forward to pick his brother up and rest the active toddler on his hip.

 

“Thank you for explaining, Taeminnie.” Kyuhyun smiled down at the little boy who smiled gratefully at the adult. “Minho?”

 

“Yes, Mother?” Minho replied dolefully. “I shall speak to your father when he returns.”

 

“Ye-“ Minho swallowed a little easier, between his parents, his father will be kinder.

 

“What do you wish to speak to me about, dear wife?” Siwon’s voice boomed. Heavy boots thumped up the stairs and soon Siwon was joining them. He snakes a powerful arm around his his wife’s waist and rest his fingers on the side of the rotund belly. “Hello, dear.” He greeted and peck chastely on the cheek Kyuhyun offered him.

 

“Minho has something to say, don’t you, Minho?” Kyuhyun said sternly. He watched silently as his elder son swallowed painfully and fidgets uncomfortably.

 

Siwon looked on with good humor. “What is it, son? Speak up.”

 

Minho winced. How is he suppose to get himself out of a beating now? “Erm…father….”

 

“Yes, son?”

 

“I…eh….I….”

 

“What is it?” Siwon asks.

 

“I….”

 

“Raise your head, son. Look at me.” Siwon instructs in a firm voice.

 

Minho struggled with his nerves to raise his head and look his father in the eye.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter