Just Once...Let me be Selfish...

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People used to say...

"You need to learn to let go especially if you really love that person...anything...as long as that person is happy..."

But if you are the one that need to let go...

"Let go in exchange for the person happiness. How about me? Should I let it go even it hurt so much? Why can't I be selfish for once?" 

(Year 2014 - 20 June 11pm) 

Min Ho is lying on his bed. He turns and look at the empty spot at the bed. He touches the pillow that she sleep on. He feels the emptiness. The room feels different without her. He recalled to what happened earlier...

~~~

"Oppa. I miss you."

".....YES! I decided to settle down. I want to MARRY YOU!!"

~~~

He touches his face. He can still feels the pain.....his heart is aching...he is tearing....

~~~

Min Ho : Min Young. I'm sorry. I-I can't marry you. 

Min Young : Oppa. W-What did you say? 

Min Ho : I-I can't marry you. 

Min Young : Wae? Is it because you still angry at me---

Min Ho cuts in : Because I'm married. 

Min Young looks at him, speechless. She is now with teary eyes, her face expression changed. 

Min Young : What do you mean by you are married? (tears flowing down) 

Min Ho : The girl that you saw. The one that claimed herself as the housekeeper. The one that left.....She is my wife. I'm married to her. 

*Slap*

Min Ho : I'm s-so---

*Slap*

Min Young (yelling) : How can you say you love me when you're married to another woman! (hand raised up again) 

Min Ho closed his eyes. Waiting for the slap. But it did not happened. He opens his eyes and see Shin Hye is standing in between them. 

Shin Hye (crying) : Hajima. Jebal. Is my fault. Is me. 

Min Young : Y-You!!! (hand up again) 

Min Ho grabs on her hand. Another hand on Shin Hye's waist, protecting her. 

Min Young : W-What is this? You are protecting the ? (Min Ho lets go her hand) 

Min Ho : You can't slap her. Is my fault. 

Min Young : Wae? Why can't I slap her? She steals you from me! 

Min Ho : She is pregnant with my kid...

Min Young can't believe what she just heard. She looks at Shin Hye, then look at Min Ho.

Min Young : You ! How did you seduce him? (yell at Min Ho) You slept with her? You cheat on me? (hand raised again for 2nd attempt to slap Shin Hye)

Min Ho (scream at her) : STOP IT! (holding her hand)  DIDN'T YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID? I SAID SHE IS PREGNANT WITH MY KID. (she stunt there) That is why you can't lay your hand on her. If you want to slap. Slap me. I'm the one that made the mistake. I'm the one that decided to get marry with her. She didn't steal me from you. It was you that left me. Remembered? (tearing) You left me abandoned! You are the one decided to leave me for your stupid career! Why do you come back when you decided to choose your dancing career over me? Wae? 

Min Young : I-I...(she just looks at him) 

Min Ho continues : Min Young. I'm really happy when you finally say you wanted to settled down with me. You want to marry me. Those words. Those lines. I had been waiting...for years...B-but never once I get them from you. Year after year, I waited. I keep telling myself one day you will marry me. One day...but I know no matters how long I wait, I will always be your last priority. That night, is like a wake up call to me. I'm tired of waiting. If only that night you show up, if you had stayed behind for me. Everything will be different. This will not happened. (paused awhile the continues) Remembered that I begged for you to come, just for a while, what did you said to me? Did you think about my feeling at that time? No, you didn't! Because all you care about is your stupid career. Since that night, I told myself stop waiting like a fool, and I decided to move on. 

Min Young : S-So you move on with this ? (eyes glaring at Shin Hye) 

Min Ho : It was fated. 

Min Young : Fated? BULL! What is so great about her that you decided to let go of me? After so many years with me, you just move on, chincha?! And with her? WAE? 

Min Ho (with teary eyes) : Wae? You are asking me that now? Where were you when I was waiting at the restaurant? (chuckles) Oh. You were busy with your dancing! Where were you when I was pissed drunk at the restaurant? You were on the plane to somewhere! Where were you when I needed you the most? You were at another country! Wae? Wae? Because I'm never your priority! (Pull Shin Hye closer to her) You asked what is so great about her? Let me tell you. When I was pissed drunk at the restaurant. She was there for me. She was there to pick me up. She was there to look after me. You think I feel good to move on, to move on without you? You are wrong! I was near to dying. I was heartbroken. I was in a mess. She. She was there for me. She was there to cheer me up. She was there to make me laugh. She was there to  make me forget about the pain that you left on me. Even she is pregnant, she never thinks of taking your place in my heart. Never. So tell me? What else could I ask for? 

Min Young (crying) : I hate you!! I hate you, LEE MIN HO!! (runs out of the room, out of the house) 

~~~

After Min Young leaves, left two of them in the room. Shin Hye looks at Min Ho, with teary eyes. She can feels his sadness, his pain. She too, heart aching.

Shin Hye : I-I think you should go after her. S-She---

Min Ho cuts in : Shin Hye. Stop it. Stop thinking about others but yourself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter