CHARACTERS

How to Be Popular

 

Rebecca Lincoln

•Rebecca Lincoln hoping to escape the "freaky genius girl" reputation she had earned at her previous school, she does not join any extracurricular activities. Her first friend at Fallon High is Margo, whom she had met at a ski lodge karaoke party on New Year's Eve. 

 

Lacey Anne Sparks

•Lacey Anne Sparks is introduced as David's girlfriend, head of the cheerleading squad and the president of the Drama Club. She is smart, gorgeous and loved by everyone at Fallon High. But she was described by Margo as her enemy, and terrible the meanest girl. Lacey joins the Sophomore Club because David is one of them. She oscillates between desiring acceptance and desiring popularity which she finds in the school.

 

Paris Grant

•Paris Grant is a student at Fallon. Her father is the wealthy owner of a piano business. Paris is the president of the science club at Fallon High and a member of the school's national decathlon team. Paris is a feminist and admires many important women in history. She is also shown to have a wide range of knowledge, including anything from computers to the daily lunch special in the school cafeteria.

 

Megan Rose Winchester

Megan Rose Winchester  is the co-president of the Fallon High drama department. She appears to have the most power in the drama department, leaving Lacey as her right-hand girl although Lacey is the president. Megan's popularity seems to be limited among admiring boys. In her senior year, Megan meets Eleanor Rodd, a British transfer student eager to learn the ropes at Fallon High by becoming Megan's student. Eleanor's dedication is impressive, but it turns out to be a facade. 

 

Mark Tuan

Depicted as one of Fallon High's most popular students, Mark is also the captain of the school's varsity football team, a position he earned in his junior year after joining the team as a sophomore. 

 

David Panabaker

David is Mark's best friend and teammate. David is known for his "hot guy who cooks" reputation after winning the Cooking and 
Baking Competition organised by the Food Club in his 9th Grade with Lacey when they were freshman.

 

Cayden Winchester

•Cayden is one of Fallon High's most talented football players. He appears to be very close to David Panabaker, Mark Tuan, and Riley Pearson. He also is attracted to Paris Grant.

 

Margo Biersack

•One of Becca's nerd friend. She described Lacey as the meanest girl because Lacey accidently pushed her down the stairs ages ago. She's one of the Astronomy Club member. She's very sensitive when it comes to friendship thingy. She met Becca at the ski lodge karaoke party on New Years' Eve.

 

Eleanor Rodd

•Eleanor Rodd is a Bristish girl who talks very annoying British with nasal voice. Megan's former 'student'.