It All Ends Here

Don't Forget Me

Athazagoraphobia refers to the phobia of being ignored or forgotten. It also refers to the phobia of forgetting.


Chapter One

"Hey, wanna be my friend?" Luhan asked, startling the lonely boy.

"But, you know that I-" Luhan cut him off.

"I don't care. Let's be best friends," the boy nodded hesitantly.

"Okay, if you say so," he mumbled.

     Minseok woke up with a jolt. He had dreamed about his best friend again. When was the last time Minseok had seen him? A year ago? Maybe. Minseok curled himself into a ball as he felt something wet on his cheeks. He took his glasses and went to the bathroom, putting it beside the sink. He looked into the mirror and splashed water to his face. Minseok was not forgotten. He just was too busy at China. Minseok was worth to be his friend, right?

     Luhan had always been curious about the lonely boy, especially since he knew about the boy's condition, which was why he was isolated in the first place. Now, the boy became his best friend. Luhan was quite excited when he found out that he liked soccer and coffee just as much as Luhan does. Luhan felt as he found the perfect friend as his friends from before never really appreciated the taste of coffee.

     Minseok stared at the reflection of himself in the mirror. Was he never enough? His shivering hand touched the cold surface of the mirror. Taking a deep breath, he wiped his tears and regained his composure. Once again, he locked eyes with the boy in the mirror. He looked at his lips, desperately trying to form a smile but failed miserably. Shaking his head, he took his glasses and wore them as he got out of the bathroom.

     A boy was leaning against the wall, waiting for his best friend to come out. Luhan smiled brightly when his best friend's form finally came out. He locked arms with the boy and chatted with him happily on their way to class, not noticing the boy's lack of response when Luhan only talked about his other friends. The boy nodded to everything that was said, not wanting to disappoint Luhan.

      Minseok then threw himself on the bed. He wanted to talk with him, play with him, laugh with him. However, he was in a different country. Minseok was desperate. He couldn't have forgot, could he? No. No, he couldn't have. Minseok had sacrificed everything to remain being his best friend. Besides, he knew about Minseok's problems. Minseok was not easily forgotten, right?

     Luhan looked over to his quiet friend. "I won't forget you, okay? Never," he assured and the boy's face broke into a sweet smile. Luhan took the chubby cheeks into his hands and squeezed them, cackling when his prey whined in protest. Luhan knew his friend had conditions, problems but that didn't stop Luhan from befriending him. The boy was sweet. Very sweet.

     Minseok started sweating and breathing heavily. He ran to his living room, surprising his mother. The old woman looked at her only son in worry. He was in his condition again. The woman took the panicking boy in her arms and whispered comforting words into his ears. She knew exactly his fears but she could not do anything. It was a problem she could not solve without worsening the condition of her son.

     Luhan was worried. He didn't see his best friend at all after lunchtime today. He also didn't see his newly-made friend, Sehun. The boy was a junior that was in the same club as him. Sehun had asked for his tutoring but seeing no trace of his two friends, Luhan opted to leave and probably call them later that night. Then, a voice called him. It was his best friend. Luhan smiled and took the boy's hand. They went back home together and Luhan forgot about Sehun.

     Suddenly the phone rang and Minseok's mother let go of him to answer it. Her face was screwed in concentration as she nodded to whatever the person at the other end was saying. Minseok has calmed down a bit but he could still feel the ringing in his ears. He sat on the couch while waiting for his mother. At last, the woman ended the call with a bright smile as she held out her hands and Minseok, as usual, went to give her a hug.

     "Sehun left?" The teacher nodded and Luhan frowned slightly. Why does that always happen? He thanked the teacher and went out of the teacher's office. His best friend was waiting outside, a knowing smile on his face. Luhan told him the news and he just shrugged. "He left without a goodbye, how rude! At least I still have you. You are a great friend. I'll never leave you! You'll never leave me too, right?" and the boy answered with a nod. Luhan grinned and lead him to their classroom. Luhan was sure that he found the perfect friend.

     Minseok can't believe his ears. He's back. He's back! He hasn't forgot about Minseok. Minseok immediately smiled as he thought of going to meet his friend. It has been a year since he left. It has been a year since Minseok heard his voice, since he had seen his face. Minseok misses him too much. He needs his voice to soothe him and to tell him that he never forgot about Minseok. He never forgot about his best friend.

    Luhan bit his lip as he told his best friend the news. The boy visibly teared up. Luhan pulled him into a tight hug, telling the boy not to worry. When he let go, the boy's eyes were red from crying. "I'm sorry but I have to go back to China. My mom said I'll be a star there. Don't worry, I won't forget you! I won't!" And with that promise, Luhan left Korea, leaving his best friend whom he assured that he will always remember. Who could forget their own best friend anyway?

     Minseok can't stop smiling as his mother drove him to the fansign. He had became a famous idol, and Minseok can't wait to finally reunite with his best friend. His dreams were achieved. His dreams which Minseok had supported, which Minseok always encouraged him about. Of course, he would not forget about Minseok, would he? It makes no sense for him to forget his own best friend that gave him the most support.

     Luhan arrived at the airport with red and puffy eyes. He had exchange a lot of goodbyes with his best friend but it still don't feel enough. He wiped his tears as his mother dragged him to board the plane. He looked out the window when the plane started moving. Goodbye, Korea... Somehow, he had a bad feeling about going back, like something bad was going to happen. Nevertheless, he relaxed into his seat and thought of his hometown and the best friend he left behind.

    Minseok waited eagerly for his turn. Around him were excited fangirls, wanting to see their idol but Minseok just wanted to see his best friend. His heart pumped faster when he saw the face he yearned for so long. The boy still looked the same when he left. a year was not so long after all. A grin spread to his face as it was his turn to meet with the famous idol. Minseok can't wait to hear his voice. Everything in his mind consisted of-

"Luhan," he muttered and the boy looked up, meeting his eyes.

"Ah...where do I need to sign?" Luhan smiled. Luhan thinks the boy looks so familiar..

"Luhan, don't you remember me?" Minseok asked frowning slightly as the Chinese idol just scratched his head.

"I'm sorry. I think you mistook me with someone else," Luhan said, politely smiling as Minseok started to tear up.

"But you are Luhan. I'm not mistaken!" Minseok firmly stated, causing Luhan to shake his head repeatedly.

"Sorry, but seriously I'm not the person you are looking for. Maybe another person with the same name?" Luhan tried, making Minseok frustrated.

"No, you're Luhan! No! How could you forget!? No!" Minseok started to feel the panic build inside of him.

"Sir? I'm really sorry but I don't know who you are," and that was the last straw for Minseok.

"How could you! You promised you won't forget! NO!" With that, Minseok backed away and exited the fansign event.

     Luhan woke up to a blinding light, which contributed to his headache. He wondered what had happened. More importantly, where is this place? Why is he here? Luhan looked at the book on the table. Chinese. So, he arrived in China. But, what happened before that? What happened before he boarded the plane? Suddenly, Luhan felt a pounding ache in his head. He held his head and screamed. The door burst open and a doctor and a few nurses came in, talking rapidly in Chinese.

     Minseok ran out of the building, not even stopping to apologize when he bumped into pedestrians. He shook his head and took off his spectacles as he felt the thump in his head getting louder. Along the way, he lost his spectacles and his throat was in pain. His legs finally gave out and he ended at the park. The painful throb in his head was getting louder every second and it hurts. It hurts so bad. Feeling a sharp jab in his heart, Minseok got to his shaky feet and continued running, ignoring the pain in his legs.

     Luhan smiled brightly as he looked in the mirror. He had achieved his dreams of being a singer. Now, everytime he went outside, people (mostly girls) would scream his name and ask for pictures or autographs. Luhan was really happy. Oddly though, he felt quite empty. Like he was supposed to share this happiness with somebody. However, thinking about the matter only hurt his head so he decided to take the easy option...forget everything.

     Minseok thought about what he had done. He had stayed beside Luhan at all times. He had supported Luhan's dreams in becoming a singer. He had gotten rid of Sehun and god knows how many other people so that Luhan would only focus on him. He had even hurt Baekhyun when the boy wouldn't leave. It was all so that Luhan won't forget him. Minseok had let Luhan go because he had trusted the Chinese boy to remember, to never forget but this. He didn't expect this to happen.

"I won't forget you, okay? Never,"

     The streets were getting blurry and his mind was swirling. He felt his leg muscles complaining. He heard Luhan's voice repeating in his head, promising not to forget. Minseok screamed as their memories and Luhan's promise keep replaying in his head. No more. No more. Minseok doesn't want to be forgotten! Minseok dropped to his knees, clutching his head. The pain was unbearable.

"He left without a goodbye, how rude! At least I still have you. You are a great friend. I'll never leave you! You'll never leave me too, right?"

     Then, it all happened so fast, Minseok turned his head to see his mother, crying profusely, screaming at him. It was then, Minseok realized. He was sitting in the middle of the road. He stood up shakily and reached out a hand to the figure on the roadside. He was willing to go back, back into his mother's comforting arms. He would tell her that Luhan didn't remember... Luhan forgot...

"I'm sorry but I have to go back to China. My mom said I'll be a star there. Don't worry, I won't forget you! I won't!" he promised.

     But fate decided otherwise. As soon as Minseok walked a step, a loud honk was heard. Minseok looked to his right and was met with a blinding light. A loud crash was heard and Minseok felt the physical pain overwhelm his mental pain. He thinks he heard his mother's sob beside him. Honestly, he couldn't care less because he was so tired. So exhausted. All he needs is sleep. A lot of sleep, Minseok was really too exhausted. And it all went dark...

It is unfair of you. You knew I was athazagoraphobic yet you became my friend. You promised not to forget but in the end...

It all ends here.


My first angst story. Hope its okay! thanks a lot for reading. any feedback is appreciated :) 

Sorry for any mistakes or if it was too confusing... 

#staystrongexo