Dun.dun.dun.

Phantom Memories

It took every ounce of Myungsoo's strength to actually stop Dongwoo from charging Sunggyu. This was the thing everyone's been dreading. The members already knew this was going to happen again, yet they still pushed with the reunion. Sunggyu is still not back to his normal state. He has never been back ever since and no one knows when he'll be back to his normal  state.

Dongwoo finally freed himself from Myungsoo's grasp. Dongwoo closed his eyes, trying to control his anger and calm his raging self down. After a few seconds, which felt like minutes to Dongwoo, he let out a loud, sympathetic sigh. 

Hoya and Sungjong ushered their guest into the living room. "We apologized on behalf of Sunggyu and Dongwoo hyung. We knew it would end up like this, but we still insisted on continuing with our reunion." Sungjong clasped his hands together while bowing apologetically to everyone. The guests started to leave the house one by one. After a long 20 minutes, Hoya and Sungjong went back to where Sunggyu was.

"Hyung, How many times do I have to tell you Woohyun can't come inside okay!", Dongwoo screamed, scaring everyone. Hoya tapped Dongwoo at the back, thinking it would calm him down.

At this point, Sunggyu couldn't control his anger. "Can you at least tell me why Woohyun can't be with us?" Sunggyu shot back. "Did he do something to you? Or the group?"

"No."

"Does he owe you something? Why can't he come?"

"No."

"Did he do something that broke Infinite apart?"

Dongwoo finally had it. "You know what..You wanna know why?" Dongwoo nudged Sunggyu at the shoulder, hard enough to push him off balance. Sunggyu landed on the ground and was immeditely helped up by Sungyeol. 

"Dongwoo hyung dont start this." Sungyeol whispered, but quite loud enough for everyone to hear. Sungjong immediately ran into Dongwoo's side and tugged his jacket, signalling him to stop.

"It's because he's dead hyung!" Dongwoo snapped. "He's dead!" 

There was a moment of silence at Jungyeop's house. Sungjong freed the jacket from his hands. It looked like somebody casted a time spell on everyone. They were all just standing there. 

"Hyung. He's been dead for a long time. Please come to you sens-"

Before Dongwoo could finish his sentence, Sunggyu gave him a huge hard blow under his chin, sending Dongwoo to the cold freezing ground. He bent down, trying to hit Dongwoo as hard as he could but was stopped. It took Myungsoo and Hoya to hold him back. Dongwoo got up and wiped his bleeding lip, angry.

He smirked at Sunggyu. Without any warning, he dragged Sunggyu by the wrist inside the house. Everyone eventually followed them. "Dongwoo, let go. You're hurting me"

"You don't believe my words right?" Dongwoo angrily shouted. "You don't believe me? Fine! You need a reality slap in the face hyung."

"Hyung please don't do this!!" the other members begged but to no avail, they couldn't stop the fight. 

Dongwoo proceeded into the office room and threw Sunggyu down the sofa. He started taking out boxes out of the closet. It took him no time to slam some newspaper clippings on to the table, just in front of Sunggyu's eyes. 

Infinite's vocalist, Nam Woohyun, dead at 35. 

Nam Woohyun from Infinite, killed in a tragic car crash

Infinite's Nam Woohyun, killed, Infinite's Kim Sunggyu, in a critical condition

Dead. Nam Woohyun. Dead. Nam Woohyun. Dead. Nam Woohyun.

There were more than a hundred clippings. all laid out in front of Sunggyu but all hundred clippings had the same words printed on them. Dead and Nam Woohyun. Sunggyu grabbed the newspaper clippings in his hands and crumpled it. He didn't notice it until a cloud of tears blocked his sight. Hoya, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong quickly came to Sunggyu, just in time to catch him from falling on the floor. 

He looked behind him, trying to make sure Woohyun followed him but he was nowhere to be found. He ran outside and checked every perimeter of the house, but no signs of Woohyun. 

"Gyu hyung. Please stop this." Hoya begged him to stop running back and forth, looking for Woohyun. Sunggyu didn't say anything but just sobbed. He kept sobbing for what it seemed like eternity. He was too busy crying, he didn't even had time to wipe his never ending tears. When he finally stopped, Hoya gently patted his back to calm his down. 

Then suddenly, Sunggyu reached for his head with both his hands and screeched loudly. "Argh! My head hurts." 

"Hyung are you okay?!" Dongwoo ran up to Sunggyu immediately but he just kept screaming in pain.

"Are you remembering something? Sungyeol asked.

"Argh. Woohyun no" Sunggyu mumbled. 

Sunggyu and Woohyun were on their way back to their company. They hurriedly dodged the busy street of Gangnam after enjoying their morning and afternoon off. Every member had set off to different places earlier in the morning. Woohyun looked up at the city hall that displayed a huge olden clock. The clock read 6:32 pm. Woohyun was pretty sure everybody had already made it back to the practice room.

"Hyung, we are so gonna get in trouble. We wont make it back in time" Woohyun tugged Sunggyu's sleeve as he walked, no, more like speed walking. 

"We'll make it back in time." Sunggyu smiled and reassured Woohyun. "....only if we run though."

Sunggyu started running and dodging the people on the street like he was playing dodgeball. He urged Woohyun to run as well. 

They crossed an intersection, crossed their favourite coffee shop and took a break. 

"It's your fault for asking me to stop at that ddeokbokki stand!" Sunggyu jokingly blamed Woohyun.

"Yeah but its your fault for taking so long finishing it." Woohyun laughed and started running again.

"Hey wait!"

Along the other street, one car was making its way near the latter. The car was going too fast and it looked like it was possessed. As Woohyun and Sunggyu was turning left for the street, the car plowed through people, street lights and fire hydrants. 

Sunggyu who was bleeding from the head, got up and checked his surroundings. No signs of Woohyun can be found. Before he could gather up what was happening, the sound of a car engine was heard and the car that hit them drove off. It was a hit and run.

Sunggyu called for Woohyun but no answer. A flock of people ran towards something. It was quite far from where he was standing. He doesn't know why but his body automatically followed them. As he was getting closer, he could hear people gasping. Just what the car did, Sunggyu plowed through the people and confirmed that it was Woohyun on the ground.

He was so shocked. He couldn't do anything but drop to the cold street, his hands on his mouth. He started crying and begging the crowd to call the ambulance. The crowd was just as shocked as he is. Woohyun looked lifeless. He was not moving, he was unresponsive. He doesn't even respond to Sunggyu. Something Woohyun would never do.

Sunggyu crawled up to him. "Woohyun-ah wake up!" 

As he was about to shake Woohyun, an old man stopped him "You could hurt him if you keep shaking him like that"

It looked like Woohyun won't make it. The ambulance arrived. The police arrived just a little later than the ambulance and soon the news cars followed. 

A paramedic went to check Sunggyu and treated his wounds. They got him onto the strecher. As he was being lifted into the ambulance, he took one last glimpsed at Woohyun who was being surrounded by the other paramedics. 

His eyes were fighting him to sleep but they stayed open. All he could hear was people's voices, as if mocking him. As he was getting sleepier, his eyes shifted to one particular paramedic.

He checked Woohyun out, got him onto the same strecher, just like what was done to him. He was waving his hands to the other paramedics. He was telling them to stop because Woohyun was dead on the spot. To Sunggyu, it was merely just a hand signal. Sunggyu was confused. 

He could hear the paramedic speak but could  not make out anything. 

"Dead on the spot. We can't do anything anymore." Sunggyu's eyes finally closed and was sent to the hospital. 


It took me forever to post this and I wrote this in the midde of the night so please do correct me if there were any spelling/grammar mistakes. // Omg this is so bad. I couldn't think of how to end it so the ending was quite ergh. Forgive me it was my first Woogyu two shot. ㅠㅠ Also, I deleted some comments from the previous chapter because it spoiled the ending. I know the story plot was too obvious but please don't spoil it and ruin it for other people reading it.