The Reunion

Phantom Memories

The snow had just started falling. Just like the day they first met. Though this time, it wasn’t snowing as hard as it was back then but just enough to cover the entire city in white. Sunggyu was standing on a rooftop building and looking down on the entire city. He used to hang out in here during the summer time, along with their other friends—“Infinite” is what Sunggyu always referred to them. They were one of the top idols in South Korea many years ago.

“The wind gust is pretty strong tonight, don’t you think?” Sunggyu turned to Woohyun, his mind seems to be wandering around. He didn’t show any response nor did he take a glance at Sunggyu. It’s as if he doesn’t even realize he’s there. Sunggyu pouted, but smiles anyways. He knows he’s listening. He always does. That’s what brought them closer in the first place.

“I bought that pizza you’ve always liked.” Sunggyu said as he took a slice out of the box. “Come on. Eat.”
Woohyun smiled. You know that smile he makes that gets every girl fall head over heels for. He took a slice and eventually went back to scanning his surroundings. Sunggyu turned to him, quite puzzled. Is he mad at me? Maybe he’s just taking in how incredible the view is. The night view in Seoul is to die for and Sunggyu knows that Woohyun has always been appreciative of the things he loves. Maybe that’s the reason why he’s quiet, or so Sunggyu thought it was. 

It was quiet for a long time until Sunggyu let out a small laugh that finally caught Woohyun’s attention. He went closer and adjusted Sunggyu’s scarf. 
“I can see your breath hyung. I think we should go.” Woohyun suggested. 
"Do we really have to?" 
"Dongwoo hyung's probably wrecking his brain out looking for you."

Sunggyu sighed and another form of steam escaped his mouth. It was one of those nights where everything was frozen in place, undearneath the crystal ice that had formed overnight. The two loved it—not the weather, but the icicles that would always form on their roof. They would always race on whoever gets to take down the most icicles every winter.

"Okay." Sunggyu propped himself up and dusted his buttocks from the dirt. "...but only because you said so and I don't want to be on bad terms with Dongwoo"
"You're so stubborn." Woohyun shook his head and patted his back, as if telling Sunggyu they need go ASAP. 

The elevator was rather fast tonight. Sunggyu would always griped about how it took them forever to reach the ground floor. Somehow tonight, he wanted the elevator to be slower. He hated it. It was somewhat selfish of him to think of the elavator breaking down.

"Infinite decided to re-unite again." Sunggyu tucked his hands in his jacket. It was one of his favourites. It was a gift from his fan way back during Infinite's 12th year anniversary.
"I know."
"We should hurry if we want to show up on time." Woohyun took a glance at Sunggu who was sniffling. He emancipated a quiet snicker. 
" It's not until 7:30pm. It's only 5 Woohyun." 
"I know. But maybe you should call Hoya or Dongwoo and tell them where you are." 

The elevator made a ding sound, to let them know that they have already arrived at the ground floor. Sunggyu coiled up his eyes at Woohyun and took out his phone from his pocket. The call didn't even last 2 minutes, 60 seconds to be exact. He showed Woohyun his phone, he doesn't know why he did though, maybe for proof that he did call Dongwoo. He took a deep breath and stared at the path ahead. A loud ruckus woke him up from his trance, only then he realized they were walking down a street. 

A flock of heads ran towards where the sound came from. "Let's check it out!" Sunggyu tugged at Woohyun's arms insisting him to follow. He sighed and paused but eventually followed Sunggyu, not that he had any choice in the first place. Sunggyu pushed through the crowd and as soon as the scene was uncovered before his eyes, he let go of Woohyun's arm, his hand automatically rose up to his mouth. A pedestrian was on the ground, bleeding to death. 

"Woohyun, it was a hit and run." Sunggyu frantically grabbed Woohyun's hand. A group of teenage friends looked at him strangely, murmuring stuff he couldn't seem to make out of. 

Woohyun was expressionless. He wasn't even talking. He's just...there. Sunggyu started walking, with his right arm tugging at Woohyun's shirt. "How could a human leave another person on the roa—" Sunggyu was frustrated. The defeaning police sirens echoed through his ears. One of the officers started approaching a few witnesses that had gathered on the street. Another one approached Sunggyu.

Before the police officer could ask anything, Sunggyu spoke up. "We were just walking by. We had nothing to do with the accident. He was already on the ground when we saw him." 

"We?"

"Yeah. My friend here" Sunggyu brought his arms on Woohyun's shoulder. "and I" 

The police raised his eyebrow, as if waiting for Sunggyu to explain himself and shook his head, then walked away like nothing happened.

Dumbfounded, Sunggyu turned to Woohyun. "What the hell was that for?" Woohyun shrugged but didn't say anything. "Let's just go to the reunion."

Sunggyu shrugged the strange looks they were getting and proceeded to go to Jungyeop's house where the reunion would be held. Who knew walking to the boss' house would consists of enormous stares and whispers from people walking the same street. 

It was quarter to 7 when Sunggyu arrived at Jungyeop's house. There was a window that was opened, laughter and chatters sung away in the wind. He could see family and friends that he recognized. As he approached the door, he looked over his shoulder and smiled at Woohyun. "We're not late." Sunggyu giggled before the door opened.

Dongwoo opened the door before Sunggyu could. 

"Where have you been?!", Dongwoo shouted loud enough for everyonen to hear. "What time is it? See? This is why I don't want you going outside by yourself!"

Although he was older than the latter, he automatically lowered his gaze to the ground. By this time, everyone was looking at them, watching their every move and conversation.

"I'm so sorry. I even called Hoya so you wouldn't worry."

"Hyung. Still! Today's the reunion. Can you please at least show that you wanna be here?"

"I am. I wanted to be here." Sunggyu wrapped his arm on Woohyun's shoulder. "Woohyun even nagged me all the way here!"

"What are you talking about hyung? Get in!" Dongwoo dragged him inside, breaking his arms from Woohyun's shoulder.

"Wait!", Sunggyu freed himself from Dongwoo's grasp. "Woohyun, come in. What are you doing just standing there?" 

Everybody dropped silent. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. The rest of Infinite ran to Dongwoo and Sunggyu. By this time, Dongwoo knows this reunion will be the same as the last one. Myungsoo ran to Dongwoo and held him. Afraid of what he's able to do if Sunggyu keeps this up.


Oh my god. I am so sorry it took this long to actually put this up. I was planning on finishing this as soon as I put the foreword up but school happened. Then I eventually became lazy as hell and this became forgotten. I was just bored to death today that I realized I had this up. Again, to those few people that subscribed to this, I'm sorry for the late update. I will be putting up the second and last part to this two shot this week.