Symptom No. 2: Not Myself

The Beast You've Made of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Am I sick? Do I have an illness?

Yeah, he’s in big trouble

EXO- Wolf

Symptom No. 2: Not Myself

 

There should have been a law against being too enticingly hot.

Rays of angelic light shone through a glass window, creating a silhouette around what could be labeled Korea’s most sought after bachelor.

He posed with one hand placed at the belt of his pocket and a stylish red cap was situated upon the dirty-blond hair of his head. To complement his attire were his candy coated Air Jordans that shone a brilliant red. A nice, firm chest was outlined just right by a shirt with the big four-letter word ‘Fresh’ printed in the middle.

His whole body was a composition of style. Not even Adonis could call dibs on looking this good.

Sounds of snapshots set off repeatedly with the idol careful not to make a move. He remained lax – played the cool boy. His lips were thinned into a grin, showing only the side profile of his handsome face.

“And… there!” a voice cued. “Okay, all good. I took the last one.”

Sehun released a much needed sigh. “Alright hyung, how did they come out?”

Tao scratched at his head and showed the camera phone. “Hm, yeah you might have to take some more again. They came out a little blurry.”

“Huh?” And then came the fall of the handsome prince’s smile.

His brows furrowed in distaste as he took his phone and began skimming over the photos. To his displeasure, Tao was right.

Sehun clicked his tongue. “Hyung, what’s up with all of these? They all look like…crap.”

“I just said that they were blurry.”

“No, you said a little blurry.”

“Blurry is blurry.” Tao folded both arms over his chest. “Why complain? You asked me to take some selca’s for you. And plus I told you that the lighting was bad over by the window but you just kept going on about how it added to your style.”

“Hyung,” Sehun started slowly as if talking to a child, “anyone would complain if they were made to stand for what felt like three hours, waiting on someone who can’t make up his mind on how to take pictures with a camera phone.”

“Hey I just wanted them to be good, though. It needed to look like art.”

“Art?”

“Art,” Tao repeated. He popped the collar of his styled polo. “That’s why I always look so good when I post my selca’s online.”

Sehun stared at him for three long seconds before giving up with a roll of his eyes. “Ah whatever, I’m gonna go find somebody else in the dorm to take them for me.”

“I can show you some of mine as proof,” Tao .

Sehun waved him off and began walking about the premises of the dorm. It was naive of him to think that someone would actually get where he was coming from in capturing the right style in photos.

When it came to posting pictures for his adoring fans, everything needed to be on point from the right angle to the right lighting − everything. Who knew how many lovely ladies enjoyed editing and posting images of his handsome face on Tumblr.

“I don’t know what I was thinking when I asked him−eh?” He paused suddenly after spotting a familiar face.

Caught seen sprawled out upon the living room floor laid Kai.

He had a pillow covered over his face, a half-eaten chicken leg still clutched in one hand, and the only thing that Sehun could do was just… gawk at him in silence.

Nothing read zombie more than a limp corpse lying flat, and with the way EXO K’s hottest dancer was looking, Sehun swore he was staring down at a dead fish.

“Hey, hey,” he called nonchalant, giving two light kicks to Kai’s body. “Hey, wake up already. Are you really dead?”

Kai’s body stirred slightly. He used a free hand to swat away the annoying foot, and grunted before returning to supine position.

Sehun sighed at the pitiful sight.

“Are you really not going to wake up?” He swiped the pillow away from Kai’s face and added, “What happens if you end up suffocating because of this thing? Huh? People are gonna think you committed suicide and then the entire female population will go crazy.”

Another small nudge to the leg seemed to do the trick. Kai grunted again, but this time decided he was annoyed enough to give in. He propped himself up on one elbow and released a tired yawn while scratching his head. Even with his highlighted streaks in disarray, the y maknae could still pull off the bedhead look.

He gave a pop to his shoulder with squinted eyes staring up at the one responsible for disturbing his chill time.

“What gives? I was trying to relax.”

Sehun arched a derisive brow. “With a chicken leg in your hand?”

It took a moment for those words to settle in.

Kai blinked back at him. He looked at the item in his hand and then back up at his friend, clearly embarrassed but not enough to make a big deal. Instead, he gave a shrug of the shoulders and was just about to take another bite until…

“Like I’m serious, Kai,” Sehun said, wrangling away the chicken leg, “you really need to find a new favorite food.” He threw it off to the side like discarded trash and brushed off his hands.

“It was doing me some good since I had a lot on my mind,” Kai muttered sourly.

“What was on your mind so badly that you needed to sleep with it in your hand?”

“I was just−”

“In fact while we’re at it,” Sehun mused, pretending to play detective, “what made you want to slump out on the floor anyway? Are you depressed or something?”

“Like I said, I just had something on my mind that’s all.”

“And why’s that? What, did it have something to do with a girl?”

“N-no,” Kai lied.

He didn’t know where to start in telling his fellow maknae about his situation with a certain girl that involved him pinning her against a wall. Then again how could he? All he would probably get in return were a few teases and laughs, nothing really taken seriously. It had been a good two weeks since his little encounter and he still couldn’t get over the weird feelings locked inside him.

“I can tell when you’re lying, man,” Sehun said.

“I was just thinking about something that happened a few days ago and it was bothering me a lot,” Kai brushed it off easily. “So, I found a spot on the floor with food, because Lay hyung said it’s the best thing to do when you need some thinking time alone.”

Sehun snorted a laugh. “That explains everything…”

“Well anyway,” Kai’s voice trailed off with another yawn.

He didn’t bother finishing what it was he was about to say. The lids to his eyes started to become heavy. Sehun sighed and bent down to shake his friend by the shoulder.

“Hey come on, Kai. Wake up. I’ve had enough seeing you like this, so I’m gonna do you a favor. It’s time for you to go out.”

Kai groaned in return. “What do you mean go out?”

“Go out, meet a girl, and socialize a little more. That’s what I mean. Didn’t you tell me once that I needed more help in socializing, anyway? Tonight’s a good time to try it out.”

“What? Sehun, I still don’t get where this is going.”

“He wants you to go out to a club with him tonight,” said Tao who appeared from the kitchen with a plate of chocolate cake.

He found a spot on the armchair of the couch and pointed a fork to Sehun smirking.

“That’s the only reason why he’s dressed up like that. And considering those bright clown shoes that he’s wearing, he really plans on being in the spotlight. Plus, he doesn’t want to look like a loner if he’s seen by himself.”

Sehun snorted, giving a playful nudge to Tao’s arm. “Anyway Kai, you’ve gotta come with me. My selca’s didn’t come out well when I tried to get hyung to take them, and since he doesn’t know how to work a camera phone, my mood is all grey now.”

“Someone was just being too picky,” was Tao’s dry reply.

Kai chuckled. “Same routine again, Sehun? Do you plan on posting them online for your fans to follow the life of their favorite idol?”

“That’s exactly why I have such a big fan club.”

“You’re not the only one.”

“...Whatever. Look the two of us together will be better than one. You’ve gotta come with me, tonight.”

“Why?”

“I just told you why.”

“What about Tao hyung?” Kai begged to differ, pointing to the other choice. “And what about asking the other members instead? I don’t know if I’m feeling the club scene tonight.”

“I’ve got an appointment with my wushu arts teacher,” Tao mouthed through stuffed cheeks of cake. “And honestly I don’t feel like looking through my closet for an outfit.”

“And what’s this kid talking about not feeling the club scene?” Sehun added as he playfully ruffled at Kai’s hair. “You’ve got the skills to get out on the dance floor. Live it up some. And besides, since we have a break, the other members are all away seeing their families.”

Tao laughed at the expense of Kai’s sullen expression. “If you think about it, you’re the best and only option right now.”

After seeing that he didn’t have much of a choice, Kai decided that his two roommates were nothing but bullies.

“Ah seriously, this is no fair…”

Sehun’s face lightened up, taking the glum sigh as a positive yes. He did a fist pump in the air and wrapped an arm playfully around Kai’s head.

“Yehet! You won’t regret it, I promise.”

 

Itaewon’s hottest club appeared to be the place for the late night youth that came with a mass of excitement.

Club hit singles filled the building. Strobe lights flickered about the area like colorful flashes of police sirens. A DJ wearing a Deadmau5 mouse helmet worked his magic as he set the club on fire with endless screams.

Still, even the fun and music wasn’t enough to get Kai moving on his feet or even the slightest bit interested.

He had a hand cupping the side of his face as he leaned on the edge of the table. A plate of unfinished pizza was situated in front of him along with two half empty cups of cola. He wore an impassive expression and it seemed pretty evident that he was uncomfortable coming from his gloomy mood.

Sehun stared at his best friend from across the table, thoughts busy on how to lift the mood. He draped an elbow over the edge of his chair and cleared his throat.

“Looks like there are some pretty girls that came out tonight,” he laughed, trying to get an atmosphere going. “Not bad, huh?”

“I’m used to seeing pretty girls since we travel a lot,” Kai deadpanned.

Light conversation wasn’t easy. Still, Sehun tried to send a friendly grin across the table but was ignored as Kai lazily started slipping his drink through a straw.

“How are things over here, boys?”

Both heads turned to find their lovely hostess of the night appear. She was modeling a uniform of skimp- attire, showing off her assets in front of her handsome guests. She placed another two glasses of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter