Chapter 3

Super Glued Together

Sungmin woke up first the next morning and was surprised to find that Kyuhyun was off the edge of the bed. He peered over the side of the bed, which was a bad idea. He accidentally fell and it happened to be right on top of Kyuhyun.

“ARGH!!” Kyuhyun shouted, waking up immediately.

He opened his eyes and was breathing heavily from getting scared. Sungmin looked down at him and quickly pushed himself off of Kyuhyun. Both boys were scared out of their minds. Sungmin sat next to Kyuhyun who slowly sat up and held his head.

“D-Did I hurt you?” Sungmin asked.

“What the hell do you think!?” Kyuhyun shouted back.

“Don’t yell at me! I just saw you on the floor and-” Sungmin stopped mid sentence, feeling his stomach whirl.

“And what-” Kyuhyun looked over at him and saw that he was about to hurl, “NOT IN MY ROOM!”

Kyuhyun jumped up and raced Sungmin to the bathroom. Sungmin threw up the minute he got there, thankfully it was in the toilet. Kyuhyun turned his head the other way, seeing as he can’t leave since they’re in this stupid situation. He gagged a bit, hearing Sungmin vomit, but he did his best to not let it get to him. Kyuhyun took a deep breath and brought himself to at least rub Sungmin’s back.

When Sungmin was finished, Kyuhyun sighed and flushed the toilet, “You better?”

Sungmin only nodded slowly.

“Good.” Kyuhyun replied, “Now move, it’s my turn.”

“Ew!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

    “So has Yesung, called?” Sungmin asked, now that they felt better.

    “Not yet.” Kyuhyun replied and looked toward his kitchen, “Hey, I hate to say this, but I need to run a few errands.”

    “But we’re still stuck together! You expect us to go out like this!?” Sungmin asked.

    “We can wear a disguise!” Kyuhyun smiled at his thought.

    “Disguise!?”

    Kyuhyun brought Sungmin with him back into his bedroom and grabbed a pair of sunglasses, a baseball cap, and a fashionable mouth muffle mask. Kyuhyun handed the mask and baseball cap to Sungmin and put the sunglasses on himself.

    “There.” Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin and smiled through the glasses.

    Sungmin rolled his eyes.

    “Hey! It works!!” Kyuhyun replied.

    “Yeah, yeah. Let’s just finish your errands, fast.” Sungmin said putting on the ‘disguise’.

    Kyuhyun grabbed five dollars in quarters, his debit card, cell phone, and a large bag full of clothes before they headed out. Kyuhyun placed the bag of clothes in the trunk and the two were off. They first drove to the store. Kyuhyun was in desperate need of food in his home. Eventhough he wasn’t the best cook, he still needed food. He can't live off of pizza forever!

The two headed inside the store and Sungmin grabbed a basket. While they went around the store, Kyuhyun grabbed the food and placed it in the basket and Sungmin carried it.

“Are we gonna be here long?” Sungmin asked.

“No, why? Are you scared of stores too?” Kyuhyun asked sarcastically.

Sungmin set down the basket on a box of oranges and punched Kyuhyun as hard as he could, “No you big dummy!”

“Ow!” Kyuhyun exclaimed and rubbed his arm.

“There’s a group of high school kids coming our way and they’re all seniors!” Sungmin replied looking behind them.

“It’s okay.” Kyuhyun said, “We’ve got the disguises, remember?”

Sungmin rolled his eyes again and the two continued walking around. Eventually the group of seniors walked by them and Sungmin was hoping that none of them would notice, but that wasn’t the case.

“Sungmin?” One of the girls in the group said.

The whole group stopped. What looked like their leader, a guy, Choi Siwon, had sunglasses on with a brunette girl under one arm, and a blonde girl under the other. They stopped and looked at the two that were holding hands.

“Well look at that! It is Lee Sungmin!” Siwon said.

“Do you have to be so popular?” Kyuhyun whispered to Sungmin.

“Hey, isn’t that Cho Kyuhyun?” Another person from the group asked.

“Sungmin,” Siwon started, “I didn’t know you were gay.”

“Excuse me!?” Sungmin shouted.

“Your martial arts teacher won’t be happy to hear that…” One of the girls replied, making the whole group laugh.

“Yeah and what’s with that disguise?” Another girl laughed.

“Hey Cho, how are your nerd games treating you?” Siwon joked.

“Shut the hell up.” Kyuhyun replied, getting annoyed.

“Look at that everyone,” Siwon started, “Nerd boy’s getting angry!”

“Don’t make me kick your here, Choi.” Kyuhyun said.

“Kyuhyun, it’s alright. They’re just stupid.” Sungmin said to Kyuhyun.

Siwon fakely placed his hand over his heart, “Awh, fighter boy’s sticking up for his little nerd boyfriend. How sweet.”

The group laughed and Siwon reached his hand forward to ruffle Sungmin’s hair, but his arm was stopped mid-way by Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun grabbed his wrist with a tight grip.

Siwon was a bit shocked and tried to break free from Kyuhyun’s death grip, “Hey man! Let go of my wrist!”

Kyuhyun gave Siwon a death glare through the top of his glasses, “If you touch one strand of hair on him, things will get painful. You’ll end up making noises you probably thought the human body was incapable of making. But you'd be surprised just how much punishment I can inflict upon you without rendering you unconscious. So you should ask yourself while you're still in your right mind, ‘Do I want to die today?’. Think about it because after a fight with me, everyone ends up asking for death, and I feel it only fair to check beforehand. I wouldn't want you to think I had influenced your decision.”

Siwon stood his ground, “I-I’m not scared of you.”

“Really? Because I think your ‘posse’ is.” Kyuhyun nudged his head to make Siwon look behind him.

When Siwon turned around, he saw that his ‘posse’ of other seniors had evacuated. Upon hearing Kyuhyun’s speech, they ran off, scared. Siwon was shocked and now a scared as he looked back at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun threw Siwon’s hand away, “Now, get the hell out of here before I actually do kick your .”

Siwon quickly ran off in a different direction, not even taking one look back. Sungmin watched Siwon run off and then looked up at Kyuhyun.

“And that’s how it’s done.” Kyuhyun looked down at Sungmin, “Am I cool yet?”

Sungmin couldn’t help but chuckle a bit, “That was cool, but it wasn’t my level of cool.”

Sungmin smirked and began walking again, dragging Kyuhyun with him. Kyuhyun secretly smiled at Sungmin from behind, thinking that he’d finally met his sarcastic match. It was true, the two were very alike, which is probably why they never get along. They’re both sarcastic, and if you match sarcasm with sarcasm, you end up in hell.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

    “Where to next?” Sungmin asked as they settled in Kyuhyun’s car.

    Kyuhyun pulled out a small notepad with a title of, 'Things To Do', "Let's see here, I have to wash my car, do the laundry-"

"You have a To-Do-List?" Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun looked at the smaller male, "Doesn't everyone?"

"Err... Well..."

"Do you have one?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin blushed and looked away, “N-No.”

“Liar.” Kyuhyun said as he put the key in the ignition.

“Why do you keep accusing me of lying!?”

“Well let’s see here, I was right the first time, so I’m sure that I’m right again.” Kyuhyun said, matter-of-factly, “But why are you embarrassed about it? It’s just a To-Do-List.”

“Well, actually,” Sungmin hesitated a bit, “I-It’s not an everyday To-Do-List.”

Kyuhyun looked at him confused, “Then what is it?”

“It… Well…” Sungmin sighed a bit and pulled a folded up paper out of his pocket and handed it to Kyuhyun, “Here.”

Kyuhyun unfolded the paper, “Together-Let’s-”

“Don’t read it out loud!” Sungmin covered Kyuhyun’s mouth with his hand making Kyuhyun a bit shocked.

Kyuhyun slowly moved Sungmin’s hand away from him. Sungmin sat back in his seat and blushed from embarrassment. Kyuhyun continued reading, this time in his head. This wasn’t an ordinary To-Do-List, just like Sungmin had said. This was a To-Do-List with someone else, like a date, or more like a Bucket List with a significant other.

Kyuhyun thought that some of them were cliche, such as, ‘Play/Kiss in the rain, carve initials into a tree, and get matching shirts’. There were forty things on this list. Kyuhyun thought is was a cheesy list.

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, “Who’s your significant other that you want to do these things with?”

Sungmin looked out the window, “I’m single.”

“Huh?” Kyuhyun thought for a moment, “Then why do you carry this around?”

Sungmin shyly looked up at him, “I.. Well, I truly want to do these things one day with someone that I love, so I keep it in my pocket that way I won’t lose it.”

“It’s kinda… Cliche, don’t you think?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin suddenly felt offended, “Is not!”

He snatched the list back from Kyuhyun and folded it up again, putting it back in his pocket. Sungmin faced the window and didn’t look back at Kyuhyun again.

“Come on, think about it, matching shirts?” Kyuhyun said, “That’s just feminine.”

Sungmin turned his head to look at the other in anger, “SO NOW I’M A GIRL!?”

“Aish!” Kyuhyun exclaimed starting the car, “You’re such a hot head.”

“HOT HEAD!?”

“STOP SHOUTING!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

    The two headed out to the laundromat. Kyuhyun pulled out the bag of clothes from the trunk and Sungmin plugged his nose with his free hand.

    “Dude, how long has it been since you washed your clothes!?” Sungmin asked.

    Kyuhyun thought for a moment, “A couple of weeks.”

    “Ew!”

    The two headed inside and Kyuhyun went to put his clothes inside the washing machine, placing the quarters in the change receptacle. He took a seat on one of the benches, while Sungmin stood next to him, both of them still holding hands.

    “So what do we do now?” Sungmin asked.

    “Now we wait until the wash cycle is done and we put it in the drier.” Kyuhyun replied.

    “How long will that take!?” Sungmin questioned.

    “Hmm, maybe an hour or so?”

    “Ugh!” Sungmin sat down next to Kyuhyun on the bench, “Out of all people, I had to be stuck to you, didn’t I?”

    “Once again,” Kyuhyun started, “Not my fault.”

    “Why you-”

    “Kyuhyun?” Kyuhyun looked up to see a happy bubbly person.

    “Leeteuk! Long time no see!” Kyuhyun replied standing up.

    “How’ve you been?” Leeteuk asked the younger.

    “I’ve been great, how are you?”

    “I’ve also been great!”

    “How are the kids?”

    Leeteuk looked back at his husband, Kangin, and Kyuhyun looked also. Kangin was trying to put clothes in the drier and the kids were running around him, causing trouble.

    “Yah! Stop running!” Kangin shouted to one of his sons and only daughter. He looked back toward the drier to put more clothes in, but saw his other, younger, three year old son sitting inside the machine, “NuHyun, out of the drier, NOW!”

    Leeteuk looked back at Kyuhyun, “They’re good.”

    Kyuhyun nodded and tried to contain his laughter. The two little kids that were running around came around to Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, and Sungmin.

    “Umma!!” The girl whined, “Tell Jihoon to stop chasing me!”

    “Jihoon, stop.” Leeteuk said to his five year old son.

    “Awh, come on Umma!!” Jihoon whined, “I’m just messing with her!”

    “Uncle Kyuhyun!!” Leeteuk’s other five year old, his daughter, Mihyun exclaimed and ran toward Kyuhyun.

    Kyuhyun laughed and kneeled down toward the kids, “Hi guys!”

    The two kids attacked Kyuhyun with hugs and Kyuhyun smiled widely at them. Kangin joined everyone, holding their youngest son, NuHyun in his arms. Now that Kyuhyun was kneeling down, he noticed Sungmin who was sitting on the bench, he even noticed their united hands.

    “Oh, Kyuhyun, you never told me you were dating someone!” Leeteuk said.

Kyuhyun looked up at Leeteuk, then over to Sungmin, “Oh, we’re not dating.”

Leeteuk ignored him and held his hand out toward Sungmin, “Hi there, I’m Park Jungsoo, but you can call me Leeteuk.”

Sungmin shook his hand, “Hello Leeteuk-ssi.”

“You can drop the formalities.” Leeteuk added, “Anyone dating my little Kyuhyunnie is a friend of mine.”

“Teuk, we’re not dating!” Kyuhyun whined.

“Nonsense!” Leeteuk smiled, “You’re holding hands! Of course you two are dating!”

Kyuhyun stood up, holding Mihyun in his arms, “We’re stuck like this.”

“Huh?” Leeteuk asked confused.

“We had a competition at the high school and we used super glue. We kinda got it stuck on our hands and then high-fived and now we’re just kinda… Stuck.” Kyuhyun explained.

“Wow, really!?” Leeteuk asked, “Let me see your hands.”

Kyuhyun set Mihyun down and Sungmin stood up from the bench. They showed Leeteuk their hands and he examined them carefully.

“Have you tried hot-”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun and Sungmin said at the same time.

They looked at each other.

“Hmm… Maybe you should take this problem to Heechul.” Leeteuk suggested, “He’s still out in Japan, but he should be coming back next week or so. Anyway, he’s got all sorts of things to help. Plus he’s pretty smart, he should be able to think of something.”

“Yeah, but,” Kyuhyun lowered his voice, seeing as he was still around little kids, “He’s sarcastic as hell.”

    Leeteuk nodded in agreement, “Nothing we can do about that.”

    “True.” Kyuhyun replied.

    “I can kick his if you want.” Kangin said.

    “Umma!!” Mihyun and Jihoon complained.

    “Kangin, don’t cuss around the kids.” Leeteuk said to his husband.

    “I’m not! An is a donkey! These kids need to learn, don’t they?” Kangin replied.

    “Umma!!!”

    Kyuhyun leaned down toward the kids again, “Go beat up appa!”

    The kids obeyed their Uncle Kyuhyun, and ran toward their father. Kangin set Nuhyun down and began playing with the two five year old kids, chasing them around the laundromat. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk smiled and laughed at them. Sungmin looked over at Kyuhyun and saw him smiling and laughing, thinking about how it’s the first time he’s seen him like that. Sungmin smiled also.

    Kyuhyun turned his head and looked at Sungmin, who still had the smile on his face. Sungmin noticed that Kyuhyun was looking at him and quickly wiped the smile off his face, looking away. Kyuhyun was confused as to why Sungmin looked away like that, but all his thoughts were interrupted by Jihoon running into Kyuhyun.

    Kyuhyun turned around and looked at the younger boy. Jihoon laughed and ran the other way. Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin who was still looking away from him, he smirked and dragged Sungmin with him to chase Jihoon. Sungmin was a bit shocked at first as to what was going on, but when he realized, he laughed.

    Mihyun joined in on running away from Kyuhyun, while Sungmin followed from behind. Kyuhyun noticed that Sungmin was only being dragged with him and wasn’t participating, so Kyuhyun stopped and looked at Sungmin.

    “Come on, join in.” Kyuhyun smiled and began chasing the kids again.

    Sungmin smiled to himself at the invitation and began chasing the kids around with Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, Sungmin, the kids, even Leeteuk and Kangin were laughing at the situation. Eventually Sungmin and Kyuhyun had caught up to the kids and captured them in their available hands. Kyuhyun picked up Jihoon, upside down while Sungmin picked up Mihyun and set her on his shoulders.

    Leeteuk looked at Kangin, “Those two are gonna make great fathers someday.”

    “Yeah.” Kangin agreed.

    “They remind me of us.” Leeteuk said.

    “Why’s that?”

    “Well, they just look so happy together.” Leeteuk looked back at the two and smiled.

    Kangin hugged him from the side, but then felt someone tug on his pant leg. He looked down and saw little NuHyun and he bent down to pick him up. Kyuhyun and Sungmin came back, with the kids still in their arms and on their shoulders. Jihoon was giggling and Mihyun refused to get off of Sungmin’s shoulders, which made Sungmin laugh a bit. Though, in the end, they ended up getting down.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin sat down again, worn out from the little kids. Leeteuk and Kangin stood across from them, while Mihyun and Jihoon went to watch the clothes spin around in the drier. The four ‘adults’ talked for a bit until their laundry was finished and Jihoon was complaining about being hungry.

“It was really nice to see you again.” Leeteuk hugged Kyuhyun.

“Yeah it was nice to see you too!” Kyuhyun replied, hugging him back.

The kids quickly hugged Kyuhyun, “Umma we don’t wanna leave Uncle Kyuhyun!!”

Kyuhyun leaned down next to the kids again, “How about Uncle Kyuhyun comes to hang out with you guys next weekend?”

“Yeah!!” They all cheered.

Kyuhyun laughed, and ruffled Jihoon’s hair, then lightly pinched Mihyun’s cheek. He looked toward NuHyun. Kyuhyun held his hand up toward the littlest kid, asking for a high-five, but NuHyun was shy and hid behind Leeteuk’s leg, making Kyuhyun chuckle a bit.

Kyuhyun stood up straight again looking at Leeteuk and Kangin, “Plan something next weekend and I’ll babysit them.”

“Thank you.” Leeteuk smiled.

Kyuhyun returned the smile.

“Appa’s got candy in the car! Let’s go!” Kangin lied to get the kids to follow him.

The kids cheered and ran after him, except for NuHyun who slowly tried to walk. Leeteuk chuckled a bit and picked up the younger, bidding Sungmin and Kyuhyun a goodbye. After they left, Kyuhyun changed his clothes from the washer and put them into the drier. To his surprise, Sungmin helped him.

When Kyuhyun placed a few quarters in the change despencer and the drier started, they sat back down, still a bit tired from the children. Kyuhyun sighed and closed his eyes, leaning back on the bench.

“You’re really good with kids.” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun opened his eyes again and looked over at Sungmin, “You too.”

“Thanks.” Sungmin replied.

Their small talk stopped and the two looked different ways. The atmosphere got awkward for the two.

“You know,” Sungmin started, breaking the awkwardness, “Maybe… M-Maybe I was wrong about you.”

Kyuhyun sat up and looked at Sungmin again, “Huh?”

“I mean, maybe you’re not as bad as I thought you were.” Sungmin said looking up at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was a bit speechless. Was Sungmin trying to make up? Or was he tricking Kyuhyun maybe? But the look on Sungmin’s face didn’t have any sort of trickery hidden behind it at all. He gave Kyuhyun a slight smile. Kyuhyun looked away from him.

“Something wrong?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun slightly shrugged, “It’s just… I don’t know, this is a bit weird.”

“What is?”

“Everything. First, complete enemies get stuck together with superglue, then they spend one night together and suddenly things have changed?” Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin, “That’s not supposed to happen.”

“So what are you saying?”

Kyuhyun thought for a moment, “I’ll be your friend now, but when we’re unstuck, let’s go back to hating each other.”

“What!?” Sungmin asked shocked.

Kyuhyun said nothing more.

Sungmin took a deep breath before silently saying, “Alright, deal.”

The two looked separate ways again. It was such an odd request from Kyuhyun. But Sungmin should’ve expected it from someone like him. Kyuhyun didn’t want to say those words, but his mouth ran off without him thinking. He didn’t mind being Sungmin’s friend at all. But his head was spinning from spending all this time with the older boy. He was confused as to how and why they were suddenly acting as such good friends, so he said that out of confusion. But now he’s even more confused as to Sungmin’s reaction.

Sungmin truly did want to make up with Kyuhyun, but now he knew he didn’t have that chance. When Kyuhyun said that, he didn’t want to admit it, but he felt a slight pain in his heart. Though Kyuhyun said they could be friends until they’re unstuck and Sungmin was determined to take Kyuhyun up on that offer.

Sungmin put on a fake smile the rest of the time. They weren’t at the laundromat for much longer either. Kyuhyun’s clothes dried quickly and they headed out. The car ride was a bit quiet, not much small talk as they headed around town. Kyuhyun checked the time and saw that it was already one o’clock in the afternoon. He looked over at Sungmin and decided to head to a restaurant. When the car was put in park, Sungmin looked up and noticed where they were. The two walked inside and saw that there was a lot of people here.

“Kyuhyun, I can’t eat here! There’s too many people.” Sungmin whispered to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun said nothing. He waited for the waiter to come by so they could sit at a table. After a moment or so, a female waitress came over to bring the two to a table. She set down two menu’s.

“Can I get you two any drinks?” She asked as Sungmin and Kyuhyun sat down, next to each other.

“I’ll take a Coke.” Kyuhyun said leaning his head in his free hand.

Taking that as a flirt, the waitress giggled a bit, “Of course and how about your friend here?”

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, but he didn’t answer, so Kyuhyun chose for him, “He’ll have the same.”

“Okay, I’ll be back with that in a moment.” The waitress winked at Kyuhyun.

Sungmin rolled his eyes and the waitress left. Sungmin and Kyuhyun were still a bit awkward with each other. When the waitress came back with the drinks, Sungmin watched her carefully. She set down the drinks in front of the two. Kyuhyun’s drink had a little note on it. Sungmin looked at what was written on it. There were seven digits and under that it had a name with a heart.

“So what can I get you today?” The girl asked, more directed toward Kyuhyun.

Sungmin felt something inside of his snap. He brought Kyuhyun and his’ hands that were stuck together and placed them on the table, in plain sight for the waitress to see.

Boldly, Sungmin said, “I’ll take the bulgogi.”

Kyuhyun was a bit shocked at the other’s actions, but nonetheless began to order, “And I’ll have the Japchae.”

The waitress slightly nodded, a bit embarrassed, seeing the two’s hands, “O-Okay. It’ll be ready shortly.”

Once the waitress walked away, Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, “What was that all about?”

Sungmin looked up at him, “What was what?”

That!” Kyuhyun said, looking at their hands, “The waitress probably thinks we’re dating!”

Sungmin only shrugged.

“How can you shrug at something like that!?” Kyuhyun asked surprised.

Sungmin leaned his head in his hand and looked down at the table sadly, “Wouldn’t be the first time.”

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin, but kept quiet. He was right. It’s not the first time they were mistaken to be dating. Though it was the first time that it hadn’t bothered Sungmin. After complete silence, the waitress came by with their food. Sungmin didn’t seem to care if anyone was watching him eat. He was hungry, but also sad and a bit pissed off because of Kyuhyun.

The rest of their lunch was silent. When they were finished, Kyuhyun paid and they left. It was now two-thirty and Kyuhyun only had one more thing to do. That was to wash his car. He drove off to the manual car wash. Getting out of the car with Sungmin, Kyuhyun put some money in the machine and the hose started spraying water. Kyuhyun grabbed a sponge that was sitting in a bucket of soapy water and looked at Sungmin.

“Will you help me?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin looked up at him and nodded. Kyuhyun handed him the sponge, but Sungmin just shook his head. He grabbed the hose and smiled at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun slightly laughed and began covering the car with the soapy water from the sponge. After Kyuhyun would scrub the car with soap and Sungmin would wash it off with the water. This cycle continued for awhile until Kyuhyun bent down to clean and shine his tire and Sungmin got bored.

He thought of something that was completely evil, but would be crazy fun. He smirked at his thought and looked back at Kyuhyun before blasting him with the water hose. Kyuhyun jumped and screamed from surprise, making Sungmin laugh.

Kyuhyun stood up and showed Sungmin the sponge, “Don’t make me use this.”

Sungmin stuck his tongue out at Kyuhyun. He tried to run away, but then remembered that their hands were stuck together, so he had no where he could go. Kyuhyun threatened to throw the sponge at him, but Sungmin sprayed him with the water again. Sungmin laughed and Kyuhyun practically tackled him against his car.

Sungmin was pressed against Kyuhyun’s car and Kyuhyun took the hose from him. He held down the nozzle and sprayed Sungmin back. The water was cold, but Sungmin managed to laugh anyways, along with Kyuhyun.

“Stop!!” Sungmin laughed, closing his eyes as some of the water hit his head.

Kyuhyun let go of the nozzle and laughed along with Sungmin. Sungmin’s laughing slowed down and he looked up at Kyuhyun smiling. Kyuhyun had gotten Sungmin’s hair wet, so when Sungmin looked up at him with his smile and his hair sticking to his face, Kyuhyun felt like time had suddenly slowed down.

Kyuhyun was staring at Sungmin, which made Sungmin tilt his head in confusion, “Why are you staring at me like that?”

Kyuhyun blinked a few times, “I.. I-I um…”

The two then noticed the situation they were in. Kyuhyun had pinned Sungmin against the car. Sungmin blushed, but continued smiling. Kyuhyun swallowed unknowingly from staring into Sungmin’s eyes. Not only was there a smile on his lips, but there was something about his eyes that made Kyuhyun feel safe. Sungmin was going to turn his head and look at the car, to tell Kyuhyun that they should finish cleaning, but before he could look away, Kyuhyun stopped him.

“Don’t.” Kyuhyun said, keeping Sungmin’s eyes locked with his, “D-Don’t look away.”

“H-Huh?” Sungmin asked slightly and moved his hand out of Kyuhyun’s grip to touch his face, “Why? Is there something on my face?”

Kyuhyun slightly chuckled, “No. You just…”

“Just what..?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun small smiled slowly faded, “N-Nothing.” He moved away from Sungmin and grabbed the sponge again, “Let’s just finish this.”

Sungmin was confused because of the other and watched him as he went back to washing his car. ‘What just happened?’ He thought.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

    The two ran around town finishing Kyuhyun’s errands. By the time they were done, it was almost seven o’clock. They decided to head back to Kyuhyun’s apartment for the rest of the night. On the car ride home, Sungmin’s phone began to ring. He pulled out his phone and looked at the caller ID.

    Kyuhyun looked over and saw Sungmin’s expression and how he was just staring at his phone, “You gonna answer that?”

    Sungmin snapped out of his staring trance and slid his finger over the answer button, “H-Hello?”

    “Oh Sungmin! Honey, where are you!? You have me worried sick!” It was Sungmin’s mother.

    “Umma, don’t worry, I… I-I’m just out with a friend.” Sungmin replied.

    Upon hearing that, Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin again. ‘I’m Sungmin’s friend?’ Kyuhyun thought. He wasn’t sure whether to smile or not.

    “Friend? Is it Donghae?” His mother questioned.

    “Well-”

    “Sungmin, this is your father. Get home right now.” Sungmin’s father suddenly grabbed the phone.

    “A-Appa…”

    The two stopped at a red light and Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin, once more.

    Now Lee Sungmi-”

    Before Sungmin’s father could finish his sentence, Kyuhyun suddenly grabbed the phone from Sungmin’s hands, “Your son is eighteen years old, treat him like it.”

    “Sungmin!? Who is tha-”

    Kyuhyun pressed the end button on the call and handed Sungmin his phone back. Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun with wide eyes and his mouth slightly hanging open. Kyuhyun looked back toward the street and watched as the light turned green again. He began driving once again.

    “K-Kyuhyun… T-That was my f-father…” Sungmin hit his head against the window, “I’m so dead.”

    Kyuhyun looked over at him, “Don’t think about it too much.”
    “How can I not!? My parents are gonna kill me, literally!

    Kyuhyun shrugged it off and continued driving until they reached the apartment complex. They got out of the car and headed up the stairs to Kyuhyun’s apartment. Kyuhyun used the key to unlock the door and opened it, but before he could walk inside, Sungmin sat down on the cold concrete outside his door.

    Kyuhyun looked down at the older male, “What are you doing?”

    “I’m not coming inside!” Sungmin pouted.

    “And why’s that?”

    “This is just getting me in more trouble than before!” Sungmin shouted and turned his back to Kyuhyun.

    “Don’t make me drag you.” Kyuhyun threatened.

    “Go ahead and try!” Sungmin shouted back.

    Kyuhyun was getting angry. He grabbed Sungmin’s arm with his free hand and held on tightly with the hand that was stuck to Sungmin’s. Pulling as hard as he could, he slowly started to drag Sungmin into his apartment.

    “Why are you so damn heavy!?” Kyuhyun shouted as he continued to slowly drag Sungmin inside.

    “Is that a fat joke!?” Sungmin shouted back.

    “Yes!”

    Sungmin decided to make this tougher for Kyuhyun and he laid down, limp. If anyone else was watching, it would look like Kyuhyun was dragging a dead body inside his apartment. Eventually, Kyuhyun managed to pull Sungmin all the way inside, successfully closing the door on the way. He huffed and sat on the floor, in front of Sungmin who was still laying down. Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun, upside down, and Kyuhyun looked down at Sungmin.

    “You’re a hassle, you know that?” Kyuhyun said.

    Sungmin nodded, “I’m just doing my job.”

    “Your job?” Kyuhyun questioned.

    “Annoying you.”

    Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and Sungmin giggled a bit. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but chuckle at Sungmin. Sungmin slowly sat up, across from Kyuhyun, studying the younger male.

    Kyuhyun looked at him confused, “What?”

    Sungmin looked around in thought, “Let’s play a game!”

    “A game?” Kyuhyun questioned, “What kind of game?”

    “Two Truths and a Lie.” Sungmin smiled.

    “Why?”

    “Let’s just play it.” Sungmin rolled his eyes.

    “Fine, but let’s go play it in my room.”

    Sungmin nodded. The two stood up and headed toward Kyuhyun’s room, sitting on top of his bed. The two got situated, sitting across from each other.

    “You first,” Kyuhyun said, “Since it was your idea.”

    Sungmin nodded and thought for a moment, “Okay, I love horror movies. I’m color blind. I can play the guitar.”

    “Hmm,” Kyuhyun pondered the choices, “You’re color blind.”

    Sungmin shook his head, “Nope, the lie is that I love horror movies.”

    “What!?” Kyuhyun asked, “You’re color blind?”

    Sungmin nodded, “Yeah, I have red and green color blindness, meaning that I can’t tell the color of something if it has red or green in it.”

    “Prove it.” Kyuhyun said, looking around his room, he pointed to a poster of a bright red car, “What color is that car?”

    Sungmin looked over at the poster and shrugged, “Is it green?”

    Kyuhyun blinked at Sungmin a few times, “Y-You’re serious.”

    Sungmin nodded, “I wouldn’t lie about something like that. Anyway, it’s your turn.”

    “Alright, I’ve never broken a promise. I only lie to certain people. I was bullied when I was younger.” Kyuhyun said.

    Sungmin thought about it, “The lie is that, you only lie to certain people?”

    Kyuhyun nodded, “Yup.”

    “Really? I never knew you were bullied when you were younger…” Sungmin replied.

    “Well, of course it was because of my parents, but also at school, the kids picked on me.” Kyuhyun replied.

    “That explains so much…” Sungmin mumbled, though Kyuhyun still heard it.

    “Moving on.”

    “Right.” Sungmin thought again,  “I’ve never kissed anyone. I’m a . I’ve had a crush on a teacher before.”

    “That one’s easy! The lie is, you’ve never kissed anyone.” Kyuhyun said.

    Sungmin shook his head, making Kyuhyun a bit shocked, “The lie is that, I’ve had a crush on a teacher before.”

    “You’ve never kissed anyone?” Kyuhyun questioned.

    Sungmin shook his head and looked away from embarrassment, “J-Just take your turn.”

    Kyuhyun nodded slightly and thought, “I like to sing. I want to become a doctor. I’m… Gay.”

    Sungmin rolled his eyes, “You’re not gay.”

    Sungmin began laughing and Kyuhyun looked down at the edge of his bed. When Sungmin saw that Kyuhyun wasn’t laughing or agreeing, he stopped laughing and looked at the taller male.

    “W-Why aren’t you-”

    “I am.” Kyuhyun continued to look down at the sheets.

    “O-Oh…” Sungmin suddenly felt bad for laughing, “I-I’m sorry… Wow, I never would’ve guessed. I mean I-”

    “Don’t worry about it. I know, I don’t seem like the kind of person who would be, but I am.” Kyuhyun replied.

    “D-Did I offend you?” Sungmin questioned.

    Kyuhyun shook his head slowly, “By the way, the lie was that I want to become a doctor.”

    “What do you want to be?” Sungmin asked.

    Kyuhyun smiled a bit, “A singer.”

    Sungmin also smiled, upon hearing that, “Can you sing for me?”

    Kyuhyun looked up at Sungmin’s smiling face. He never sang for anyone, except himself. His voice wasn’t just something he let people hear.

"I-I don't know, I mean-"

"Oh come on, please!!"

"Sungmin I-" Kyuhyun saw that Sungmin was giving him big puppy dog eyes. He sighed, "Alright, but only if we get to play the game of my choice next."

Sungmin nodded, "Deal!"

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and let it go. He looked at Sungmin and then closed his eyes. In his mind, he had chosen a song that he thought Sungmin would like to hear. It was one that he had sung to his new born little sister, Ahra, before his father kicked him out. He took a deep breath and hesitated before beginning to sing.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlDNNAN2_v8)

 

It doesn’t matter if I’m lonely. Whenever I think of you

A smile spreads across my face.

It doesn’t matter if I’m tired. Whenever you are happy

My heart is filled with love.

Today I might live in a harsh world again.

Even if I’m tired, when I close my eyes, I only see your image.

The dreams that are still ringing in my ears

Are leaving my side towards you.

Everyday my life is like a dream.

If we can look at each other and love each other

I’ll stand up again.

To me, the happiness of those precious memories

Will be warmer during hard times.

For me, hope is a dream that never sleeps.

Like a shadow by my side you always

Quietly come to me.

To see if I’m hurt, to see if I’m lonely everyday

With feelings of yearning, you come to me.

Even if the world makes me cry, I’m okay.

Because you are always by my side.

Like dust, will those memories change and leave?

I’ll keep smiling to ease my heart.

Everyday my life is like a dream.

If we can look at each other and love each other

I’ll stand up again.

To me, the happiness of those precious memories

Will be warmer during hard times.

For me, hope is a dream that never sleeps.

No matter how many times I stumble and fall

I’m still standing like this.

I only have one heart.

When I’m tired you become my strength.

My heart is towards you forever.

So I swallowed the hurt and grief.

I’ll only show you my smiling form.

It doesn’t even hurt now.

I’ll always hold on to the dreams I want to fulfill with you

I’ll try to call for you at the place I cannot reach

I love you with all my heart.

 

Kyuhyun kept his eyes closed until the end of his singing. When he was finished, he finally opened his eyes and looked at Sungmin, whose mouth was slightly agape. Sungmin was lost for words while Kyuhyun blinked a few times.

“Was it that bad?”

    Sungmin slowly shook his head, “No way…”

    “No way wha-”

    Suddenly, without warning, Sungmin hugged Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was shocked and thrown off by the older’s sudden action. Maybe it was just because it all happened so fast, but Kyuhyun’s heartbeat began to pound in his chest.

    “Why didn’t I know you could sing like that?” Sungmin asked, still hugging Kyuhyun.

    “I-I don’t tell anyone…” Kyuhyun replied.

    “Why?”

    “I’ll get bullied.”

    Sungmin slowly pulled away and looked at Kyuhyun with a smile, “I think your voice is lovely and anyone who thinks otherwise can go bury themselves alive!”

    Those words made Kyuhyun blush a bit, though he tried to hide it, especially rom Sungmin. A question suddenly raced through Kyuhyun’s mind, ‘Why is he so nice to me, after how much I’ve put him through?’.

    “Hey,” Sungmin said, getting the younger’s attention, “A deal is a deal, we can play your game now.”

    Kyuhyun snapped out of his thoughts and smirked a bit, “Alright, it’s called, ‘Never Have I Ever’.”

    “How do you play?” Sungmin asked.

    “We have ten fingers- Err… We have five fingers up, each. You say, ‘Never have I ever...’ and then say something you’ve never done. If you’ve done it, you put one of your fingers down. First person with all their fingers down loses.”

    “Okay.” Sungmin nodded in understanding, “You first.”

    Kyuhyun thought for a moment, “Never have I ever, not eaten for a whole day.”

    Sungmin rolled his eyes and put one of his finger down, “Never have I ever, bullied someone.”

    “That’s not fair.” Kyuhyun said.

    “And the first one was?” Sungmin counter-attacked.

    Kyuhyun sighed and put one of his fingers down, “Fine. Never have I ever…. Fallen in love.”

    Sungmin smiled, seeing as he didn’t have to put down any fingers, “Never have I ever, yelled at a child.”

    Kyuhyun slowly put another one of his fingers down, making Sungmin seem shocked, “Okay, I yelled at Jihoon, but it was one time!”

    Sungmin shook his head in disbelief, “Wow, bully.”

    “Yeah, yeah. Never have I ever, donated blood.” Kyuhyun said.

    Sungmin put his second finger down, “I’m a good person. Never have I ever, lied to anyone.”

    Kyuhyun put his finger down and glared at Sungmin when he didn’t put his finger down, “Put your finger down.”

    “Why? I’ve never lied.” Sungmin said.

    “Yes you have. You lied to me yesterday about being anorexic.”

    Sungmin pouted a bit, and put another finger down, “Fine…”

    Kyuhyun couldn’t help but chuckle a bit. They were both down to, two fingers each. Kyuhyun was prepared to win and not lose, but Sungmin was determined.

    Kyuhyun smirked, he knew the perfect thing to say to get another one of Sungmin’s fingers down, “Never have I ever, broken a bone.”

    Sungmin didn’t move his fingers, making Kyuhyun confused and a bit angry.

    “Put your finger down! You’re broken a bone!! I remember! Last year, you broke your leg in martial arts!” Kyuhyun said angrily.

    Sungmin shook his head, “No, that was a fake. My father wanted me to take soccer last year, but I didn’t want to, so to get out of tryouts, I pretended to have a broken leg.”

    Kyuhyun pursed his lips into a pout, “Aish, whatever. It’s your turn.”

    Sungmin nodded slightly, “Never have I ever drowned myself in alcohol when I was sad.”

    Kyuhyun gave an agitated sigh and put down another one of his fingers, only have one finger left, “Yeah? Well, never have I ever, had a crush on my best friend!”

    “Donghae?” Sungmin questioned, “Why would I like him, like that? That’s like you saying you have a crush on Yesung…”

    Kyuhyun scrunched his eyebrows in thought at that. Maybe it was a stupid, ‘Never Have I Ever’ question, but he was aggravated, so it was the first thing that popped in his mind.

    Sungmin thought of a good final question to ask, and Kyuhyun’s last question made him wonder, “Never have I ever, had a crush on my enemy.”

    Kyuhyun’s eyes became wide in shock. Sungmin stared at the younger boy, waiting to see what his reaction was. Suddenly, Kyuhyun began laughing.

“Are you talking about you!?!?!!” He asked between laughing.

Sungmin swallowed nervously and watched Kyuhyun as he continued laughing. Since Kyuhyun was so distracted, he never noticed how Sungmin hesitated and put, yet another finger down, leaving him with the same amount that Kyuhyun had, one finger.

Kyuhyun’s laughing died down and he thought of another question, “Never have I ever, been called, cute.”

Sungmin put his last finger down, “Good job, you won.”

“Wait… What…?” Kyuhyun blinked a few times and looked down at Sungmin’s hand.

“I’ve been called cute befo-”

“No! Y-You had two fingers left! How are you out already!?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Um…” Sungmin avoided the question, “I-I’m tired… Let’s g-go to sleep…”

Sungmin stood up and went to head toward the light switch, but Kyuhyun’s hand stopped him from going anywhere. Sungmin looked back at Kyuhyun and was hoping that Kyuhyun wouldn’t ask questions, because Sungmin didn’t even know the answers…

Kyuhyun stared at the ground for a moment or so before slowly looking up at Sungmin and nodding slightly, “Y-Yeah, let’s go to sleep…”

Kyuhyun stood up and followed Sungmin over to the light. Once it was off, they headed over to Kyuhyun’s bed and laid down, facing separate ways.

Sungmin hesitated before saying, “G-Good night K-Kyuhyun…”

Kyuhyun was looking at his hand in the dark. He had one finger left from the game and he was examining it in the dark. He thought back to Sungmin’s last question and slowly put his last finger down.

“Good night… Sungmin…”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi guys!!(: Sorry this update is one weekend late! So much has happened since summer started! I’ve literally been hanging out with friends everyday since school ended, and then my best friend since like middle school and I began dating, so… Yeah I’ve been busy(: Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!(: I changed the ending like four times, because if I didn’t, this was going to be a VERY short story… -__- Haha anyways, Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, and Subscribers!!(: It means a lot!!(: I’ll see you all (hopefully - I’ll try hard) next weekend!!(: