Chapter 1

Super Glued Together

This is the tale about two rivals, both eager to beat each other in everything they do. Anytime someone even mentions the other’s name, they ignore or pick a fight with that person. That’s how much hatred was filled in these two males. Complete hatred.

And their names….

 

    “Lee Sungmin and Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

    The two looked at their best friends who were sitting next to them.

    “D-Did he just say…” Sungmin’s voice trailed off.

    Donghae, Sungmin’s best friend nodded, “Yup! Look at that! Two rivals, having to finally be on the same team together!”

    From across the room, Kyuhyun was also shocked at the names called, “S-Su… S-Sung… Sung…”

    “Sungmin.” Yesung, Kyuhyun’s best friend finished his sentence, “Yes. Your enemy. But you’re representing our grade right now. So play nice.”

    Yesung made Kyuhyun stand and made sure he headed down the stairs to the gym floor, while Donghae who was on the other side of the room, did the same to Sungmin.

    A high school assembly. The peppiest thing about high school. It’s the time when the cheerleaders get to support the school by doing crazy stunts, and the students get recognized for all their good deeds. But it’s also a time for competition. At Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s school, they have a series of competitions throughout the year to see who will win the torch. The torch represents what grade rules the school for the year! The seniors and juniors were tied at the moment, so this final competition decided the fate of the ‘School Rulers of the Year’. This specific competition required two partners from the same grade. Chosen at random, was consequently the two rivals of the senior year, Lee Sungmin and Cho Kyuhyun.

As the two partners from each grade stepped down onto the gym floor, Sungmin and Kyuhyun were nearing closer and closer to each other, feeling more and more disgusted by every step they took. By the time they stopped in front of each other, the people around them could feel the tension between the two. They knew they could either fight here in front of everyone, or they could act like the responsible seniors they are and represent their grade by winning this competition, together.

Sungmin was a responsible person, so he took a deep breath and let it go before holding his hand out toward the other man across from him. Kyuhyun already had three detentions and he couldn’t afford another one, or even worse, suspension. So instead, hesitating a bit, he reached his hand toward Sungmin’s and they shook hands, quickly retreating them after one shake and looking away awkwardly.

“Alright! Let’s get this game started!” The manager of the student council said, too happy for anyones liking, “Okay! Here are the rules, you must use the utensils on the table in front of you to build a skyscraper! Whoevers is the tallest, wins!”

On Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s table were a few items. Wooden popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, super glue, and marshmallows. The two looked at the table, then toward each other.

“You only have one minute to build something, so you must hurry! Is everyone ready?” The student council manager asked.

Everyone at the tables nodded.

“Grrrr-eat! On your mark, get set, go!”

The crowd of all four grades began going wild, cheering on their grades, team. Sungmin and Kyuhyun began grabbing the objects, figuring out how they’re going to make a tall skyscraper in less than a minute. They both had different plans and reached for the super glue at the same time. They made eye contact and then immediately tried to pull it out of the others hand.

“Okay! This isn’t working!” Kyuhyun said, “Look, I know we hate each other, but we’re representing our grade and our pride as seniors! Can we just work together without fighting? Just this once!?”

Sungmin glared at Kyuhyun, but knew he was right, plus they were running out of time, so he had to act fast. Sungmin let go of the other side of the super glue bottle and Kyuhyun sighed in relief.

“Okay, now all we have to do is glue this to-”

He didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence because the super glue bottle burst open from the bottom and landed all over the table.

“Aish!” Sungmin shouted, “Can’t you do anything right!?”

“Yah! I thought we weren’t fighting!” Kyuhyun yelled back at him.

“Whatever!” Sungmin dipped one of the wooden sticks in the super glue that was on the table, “Put another wooden stick on top of this one!”

The two worked hard and fast together to get their skyscraper finished in record time. Somehow with a little yelling, they managed to figure out a process and succeeded in making a skyscraper.

“Time’s up!” The student council manager shouted.

    Two other kids from the student council went around with a measuring stick and calculated the length for each skyscraper. As Sungmin and Kyuhyun waited for the students to come measure their tall ‘masterpiece’, Sungmin set his hand down on the table, but accidently put it in the super glue. He looked around a bit embarrassed, though no one saw him. He hid his hand behind his back so no one would see what he had done.

When they were finished with the calculations, they saw that the freshman’s skyscraper was only seven inches tall, the sophomores skyscraper fell over, disqualifying them, the juniors built one that was ten and a half inches tall, and the seniors built an eleven foot tall skyscraper.

    “Seniors win!!” The student council manager said happily, “They are the ‘School Rulers of the Year’!”

    All the seniors in the bleachers went wild with excitement and cheers. Without thinking, Sungmin and Kyuhyun high-fived each other, but then realized that they had made some sort of act of friendship. They quickly tried to retreat their hands when… They realized they couldn’t.

    “Let go of my hand!” Kyuhyun said.

    “I’m trying!” Sungmin replied.

    They couldn’t get their hands unstuck. They were super glued together!

    Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin angrily, “What did you do!?”

    “I-I may have accidently stuck my hand in the super glue…” Sungmin said shyly.

    WHAT!?” Kyuhyun yelled.

    Good thing the crowd was still cheering, so they couldn’t hear the two’s screams.

    “Hey! This is your fault!” Sungmin shouted, “You shouldn’t have broke the super glue bottle!!”

    Kyuhyun stared at him with anger, “My fault!?? Why you little-”

    “Kyuhyun, Sungmin! You just helped the seniors win ‘School Rulers of the Year’! How do you feel!?” The student council manager placed a microphone in front of the two boys.

    They cheers continued and the two quickly hid their stuck hands behind them and smiled sheepish/fake smiles at everyone, trying their hardest not to glare at each other from the side.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    Kyuhyun and Sungmin quickly retreated from the gym and stood out in the hallway, where people wouldn’t hear their screaming and yelling. The two tried to pull their hands apart again, but it ended up hurting them both.

    “Okay, this is not working.” Kyuhyun said.

    “Clearly!” Sungmin replied angrily.

    “Well, get us unstuck!”

    “Why are you yelling at me to do it!?”

    “You’ve got the brains!” Kyuhyun replied.

    Sungmin smirked, “So you’re finally admitting you’re stupid?”

    “Wha- Yah!” Kyuhyun yelled, “I didn’t say that!”

    “You were implying it.” Sungmin replied in a smart tone.

    “I swear to god, I’m going to kill you!”

    Just as Kyuhyun shouted that, the schools bell went off, releasing everyone from the assembly, free to go home for the day, all except for Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

    Kyuhyun panicked, “I can’t be seen holding hands with you! I’ll be made fun of for the rest of my life!”

    “What’s that supposed to mean!?” Sungmin pouted.

    “Come on!” Kyuhyun began dragging Sungmin with him.

    They ran down the hall and away from the big crowd. Kyuhyun dragged him into a classroom without lights on.

    “Yah! What are we-”

    Kyuhyun covered Sungmin’s mouth with his free hand, “Shh! If you keep talking, someone will hear you and walk in. Then we’re both screwed.”

    Sungmin mumbled something into Kyuhyun’s hand. It was something around the lines of, “You’re an idiot.”

“Shhh!” Kyuhyun shushed the shorter male.

Sungmin rolled his eyes and they both watched carefully as a few students passed by the window of the classroom. Once they saw that everyone pretty much cleared out of the hallway, to go home, they slowly and sneakily headed out of the classroom door.

Kyuhyun sighed and watched the last kids walk around the corner, “Good. I think we’re-”

“Uhm….”

“AHH!” Kyuhyun and Sungmin jumped and turned around quickly.

Standing behind them was two people they didn’t want to see right now…

“There you are Sungmin!” Donghae said.

“Why are you two…” Yesung pointed at their hands.

    “W-What?” Kyuhyun hid their hands behind them and gave a fake smile.

    Yesung gave his friend a look saying, ‘I’m-not-as-stupid-as-you-think’.

    “Sungmin, why are you holding Kyuhyun’s hand…?” Donghae asked innocently.

    “Well, you see-”

    “We’re in love.” Kyuhyun said quickly in panic.

    Without thinking, Sungmin slapped him in the face, making him fall to the floor.

Sungmin kept his balance and shouted, “YOU IDIOT! We’re not in love! This moron here broke the bottle of super glue during the competition and I accidently put my hand in it. When we high-fived, we kinda got our hands stuck…”

    “Hmm…” Yesung said.

    Kyuhyun stood back up and Yesung walked toward the two.

He quickly grabbed their conjoined hands, inspecting them, “Yup. Those are definitely stuck. Real good too…”

    “Well what should we do?” Kyuhyun asked.

    “How about hot water?” Donghae suggested.

    Yesung nodded, “Good idea. Run your hands under hot water for awhile.”

    “Right.” Kyuhyun said.

    “Let’s just get this over with. I don’t want to be stuck to you forever.” Sungmin snarled.

    Yesung, Kyuhyun, Donghae, and Sungmin all headed back into the dark classroom and turned the lights on. They headed toward the sink and the water so it was steaming hot.

    “Alright, put your hands under it.” Yesung said.

    Kyuhyun guided their hands toward the water, but once their hands touched it, Sungmin quickly retreaded.

    “Yah! What are you doing!?” Kyuhyun shouted at him.

    “That’s really hot! Do you want to burn my hand off or something!?” Sungmin replied.

    “Quit being a baby and put your damn hand under the water!”

    Kyuhyun brought their hands back toward the water and quickly put them under. Sungmin cringed at the hot water hitting his skin. He bit his lip and tried not to yell from how hot it was.

    “Try and pull them apart.” Yesung said.

    Kyuhyun tried to remove his hand from Sungmin’s but it only resulted in causing more pain to Sungmin.

    “OW! STOP!” Sungmin shouted.

He removed their hands from the water and rubbed his hand with his other free hand.

Baby.” Kyuhyun said, earning a glare from Sungmin.

“Well that didn’t work…” Donghae said.

“Hmm.. It usually does…” Yesung thought some more.

“Well it didn’t. So think of something else.” Kyuhyun said.

“Do any of you have nail polish remover?” Yesung asked.

“I’m not a girl, thank you.” Sungmin said sarcastically.

“You act like one.” Kyuhyun mumbled, but Sungmin still heard it.

“Excuse me!?” Sungmin shouted, “I’m more of a man than you’ll ever be! I-”

“Hey!” Yesung shouted, getting their attention, “I don’t want anymore yelling or else I’m going to let you two be stuck for the rest of your life!”

Kyuhyun and Sungmin immediately shut up.

Yesung sighed, “That’s better. Now let’s think…”

“Oh! What if they just let it dry, then try to pull their hands apart!?” Donghae smiled a bit at his suggestion.

“Hey, that might work.” Kyuhyun said.

“So I have to be stuck to you for the rest of the day!?” Sungmin asked.

“Do you really think I want this either?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“You know, you’re really something. And I don’t mean in the good way!” Sungmin replied.

“Well you’re nothing special either!”

“I’m better than you are!”

“Yeah, better at being awful!”

“WHAT!?”

The two continued shouting at each other as the headed out the door of the classroom. Yesung sighed while Donghae watched the two, concerned, as they walked by the window, yelling.

“Is it okay to let them just leave like that?” Donghae questioned.

“They’ll be fine. They’re much too scared to get into a real fight. Besides, their hands are stuck. It’d be real hard for them to try and hit each other like that…”

Donghae nodded slowly, then turned toward Yesung, “My name is Donghae.”

“Donghae?” Yesung questioned.

Donghae nodded and smiled, “Yeah!”

“East sea… Eunhyuk’s…?” Yesung mumbled.

“What was that?” Donghae asked.

Yesung looked at him, “Hmm? Oh, nothing. I’m Yesung.”

Donghae smiled, “Nice to meet you!”

“Ditto.”

‘Is this the guy that Wookie likes?’ Was the question that went through Donghae’s mind as he studied the man in front of him.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

    The two headed out the front doors of the school.

“We’re going to my house.” Kyuhyun stated.

    “No. We’re going to mine!” Sungmin demanded.

    “No!”

    “Yes!”

    “NO!”

    “YES!”

    “N-”

    “HEY!”

    The two stopped shouting and looked at the person who randomly shouted at them.

    “How about you both just agree on a place instead of fighting!” A girl said.

    “And quit yelling.” A guy by her side added, “It’s unhealthy for couples to be fighting like that.”

    Sungmin and Kyuhyun turned a deep shade of red, from embarrassment. Without saying another word, the two quickly retreated from the people outside.

    “Should we take my car?” Kyuhyun asked.

    “I’ll have to keep mine here.” Sungmin said with a bit of anger.

    “Well that’s not my fault.”

    “YES IT-” Sungmin stopped himself and took a deep breath, but still clenched his teeth together in anger, “Yes. We’ll take your car. Can we head to mine so I can grab a few things? Please.”

    Kyuhyun slightly nodded, a bit shocked from Sungmin’s anger control. They walked, hand in hand, toward Sungmin’s car. Sungmin unlocked the drivers side door and crawled into his car, grabbing a pair of Beats/headphones, his iPhone, and wallet.

    “You keep all your important things in your car?” Kyuhyun questioned.

    “And you don’t?” Sungmin asked.

    Kyuhyun said nothing more, only thinking about how weird that is. They could be stolen or something, but that never bothered Sungmin. He locked the door again and closed it.

    “Alright, let’s go.”

    Kyuhyun nodded. They headed toward Kyuhyun’s car and looked at each other.

    “We’ll have to get in on the same side…” Kyuhyun said.

    Kyuhyun opened the door and Sungmin got in first, then Kyuhyun sat in the drivers seat and put the key in, starting the car.

    “So where are we going?” Kyuhyun asked.

    “Well, my parents are home right now…” Sungmin said, “But they’d be concerned if I didn’t return home without telling them where I was…”

    “You still live with your parents?” Kyuhyun asked.

    Sungmin looked up at him, “Is there something wrong with that?”

    “No.” Kyuhyun looked away and hesitated before saying, “You’re lucky.”

    “Huh? What do you mean?”

    “My parents… They… Well, they kicked me out when I was eleven.” Kyuhyun hesitated.

    “You live alone?” Sungmin asked.

    Kyuhyun nodded slightly, “I have for six years.”

    Sungmin didn’t want to admit it, but he kinda felt bad for the other.

    “But, that’s besides the point. We can go to your house and be questioned by your parents, we can go to my place, where there is no one else, or we could simply go somewhere else in town.” Kyuhyun said.

    “I don’t think it’d be good to let anyone see us, like this…” Sungmin said.

    Kyuhyun nodded in agreement, “True. We’ll go to my house.”

    “I’ll just tell my parents later about what happened.” Sungmin replied.

    Kyuhyun began backing out of the parking spot and out of the school’s parking lot. They drove down the street and off toward Kyuhyun’s house. When they got there, Sungmin looked up at the place.

    “You live in an apartment?” Sungmin asked.

    “Yeah. I’m not rich like you.” Kyuhyun replied as he got out of the car.

    Sungmin followed him out of the drivers side, laughing a bit, “You think I’m rich?”

    Kyuhyun closed the door behind him, “Well you clearly are. I mean, the way you look, dress, act-”

    “The way I act?” Sungmin looked at him with anger building up inside.

    “Well not like that. I mean, the way you talk to me and others-”

    “The way I talk to others!?” Sungmin shouted, “What’s that supposed to mean!?”

    “I… Aww forget it!” Kyuhyun shouted back.

    Sungmin turned his head the other way so he didn’t have to look at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes before dragging Sungmin with him into the apartment complex. They headed up a flight of stairs, then stopped in front of a door. Kyuhyun unlocked the door and the two headed inside.

    Kyuhyun brought Sungmin with him into the kitchen and threw his keys onto the counter. He began looking for something to drink, in the fridge. Sungmin looked around the place. It wasn’t too big, but it wasn’t too small. It was a three room apartment. Living room and kitchen connected, bedroom, and bathroom.

    “This is where you live?” Sungmin asked, looking up at Kyuhyun who was now drinking from a tiny juice box.

    Kyuhyun nodded and removed the straw from his lips, “Yup. I know it’s not much, compared to where you probably live.”

    Sungmin rolled his eyes, “Again with this rich thing!?”

    “Hey, it’s not my fault. I just go by what I think or hear from others.” Kyuhyun shrugged and brought Sungmin with him toward the couch.

    “From others!?” Sungmin asked, following Kyuhyun, “What do other people say about me!?”

    Kyuhyun sat down, “Nothing much… Just that you’re a stuck up little brat who gets everything you want.” He mumbled, though Sungmin still heard him.

“WHAT!?” He sat down next to Kyuhyun, “Who says that!?”

“They’re just haters Sungmin, why do you-” Kyuhyun turned his head to look at Sungmin, and saw how close he was. He was so close that their noses literally touched. They quickly pulled away from each other, which resulted in them tugging on their joined hands.

“Ow!” They both shouted in pain.

“S-Sorry…” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun coughed awkwardly, “It’s fine. But why do you care what people think? People are stupid.”

Sungmin looked over at him, “True that.”

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, then realized that Sungmin was talking about him, “Wow. Thanks.”

Sungmin looked at him a bit shocked, “I didn’t mean you!”

“You were looking at me and- wait… D-Did you just take back an insult toward me…?” He asked Sungmin.

“What!? No! People are stupid. Including you.” He sort of mumbled the last part.

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin for a minute before looking away and silently chuckling, “Thanks. You’re… Stupid too.”

Sungmin looked up at him and for the first time ever, actually smiled a bit.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for checking out this fanfic!! I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter and stick around for more!!(: I wanted to update this earlier today, but my birthday’s tomorrow and I had my party today haha. Anywho, 45 Subscribers already!(: So excited!! :D
Thank you to all my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters! See you all next weekend for the next update!(: