Chapter 6

Drive Me Away, Mr Taxi ...

 

A few days later, I got a phone call from Luhan, he didn’t tell me where we were going or what we’d be doing, only that he’d pick me up later that night. I cooked and ate some ramen before I showered, applied my makeup and styled my hair. Then I picked out a mid-thigh long dark blue dress that had black embellishment running down from the neck and wrapping around the waist of the garment. I admired it, I had bought it only a week before and had been eyeing it for a while before I decided to buy it – I was looking forward to wearing it out.

Not so long after, the doorbell rang and I slipped of a pair of blue stilettos before swinging to door open to see Luhan leant against the wall wearing jeans with a v-neck shirt and leather jacket, his hair was messily falling over his eyes. He stood himself up, stepping away from the wall.

“You might want a jacket,” he stated with a smile and I quickly grabbed my blue varsity jacket before slipping my bag onto my shoulder and pulling the door up behind us.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

We called a taxi and Luhan recited an address I wasn’t familiar with to the driver. Despite throwing him a puzzled expression, he only chucked and gave away no clues as to where we were heading. We drove for just under an hour before we pulled up outside a building which had about five floors, each of which was buzzing with people drinking, smoking, dancing and god only knows what else. Luhan grabbed my hand and pulled me up to the stairwell where he turned to face me.

“Sorry … no stairs …” he laughed with a slightly crooked grin as we began walking up. We climbed, passing each floor until we reached a slightly older looking and smaller set of stairs which we hurriedly walked up. Luhan opened the door that appeared in front of us as we reached the top of the stairwell, revealing the rooftop. There were many people there but I didn’t even look at them as I was caught in a trance. The inky blue sky brushed with rusty browns and midnight blacks was dotted with dazzling flecks – it was mesmerising. Even the smoky grey clouds were unable to block out the intense glare of the moon that hung above our heads, illuminating the rooftop, showering beams of light over the dancing mass of people. A bright smiled crept onto my face unknowingly.

“I knew you would like it …” Luhan smiled along with me, slipping his hand into my own as he pulled me to dance. We moved against each other in time to the music, I have no idea how long we were dancing for when we took a seat on an empty bench with drinks and looked over the city view.

The glowing lights of office blocks and apartment complexes lit up the dark landscape like fireflies and I took a deep breath of fresh air. Outside, on the rooftop, I was able to dance, to breathe, to think clearly without the strong scent of alcohol or sweat hanging heavily in the air as every other club did. The sense of freedom and openness was refreshing and thrilling, the view of the city around was captivating and I was filled with a feeling of such contentment that I would have been happy to stay in that moment for ever and ever.

But, of course, all good things would come to an end eventually … it was just a matter of time …

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

It must have been past 4:00 a.m. when the music abruptly cut off and screams erupted from the opposite side of the roof. I heard sound of glass and metal being shattered, people were running up to the open balcony, which lacked any sort of barrier despite being five floors high, and leaning over to see what was going on. When we both managed to push past enough people to see what was happening, the speakers had been knocked off the roof, landing on a van below. The vehicle was completely smashed in, as were the speakers, and I could hear a man yelling nearby, most likely about his broken equipment. The most worrying aspect of the situation was the lights which were turning on in the opposite building, the owners of the van who surprisingly hadn’t filed a complaint about the noise. However, I doubted they wouldn’t kick up a fuss about a destroyed vehicle. Luhan grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the crowd, using his other arm to stop people knocking me over in a rush.

“We have to get out of here” he whispered to me and I just nodded in agreement as we reached the stairwell and started making our way back down. The heavy bass pumping from inside made the ground unsteady and I tried not to stumble as we passed groups of men and women slumped up against walls either passed out or sleeping after having drunk too much.

We were about half way down when we heard the sirens. The loud wailing, distinguishable noise echoed through the building and each speaker was shut off one by one, people started to panic and we picked up our pace to exit the building. People were yelling, many clinging on to others, some were running carrying items of their clothing out with them. It was a mess, I grabbed tightly onto Luhan’s arm so we didn’t get separated, I have to admit that I was scared, only a few times had I been to a party outside of night clubs and the police had never turned up. Luhan, however, seemed relatively calm and not too panicked so I was less worried as we hurried down the flights of stairs in a crowd of people.

When the open door finally appeared, I breathed in a breath of fresh air as we made it out into the open. I started to panic as I saw a few police cars pulled up nearby and there were a few men and a woman being handcuffed, a couple of officers were holding bags which contained white pills and sacks of what seemed to be powder - I immediately knew what they must be – drug dealers must have been here, in the building. My attention was suddenly pulled, from the cuffed drug dealers who were getting pushed into the police cars, to the one pair of cold, brown eyes that I definitely did not want to see. Sehun glared at me with a mixed expression of anger, disappointment and a little concern, not moving from his spot beside the police car, his gaze grew deadly as they passed onto the taller man stood behind me. I felt Luhan stiffen and tighten his grip of my arm as I turned and pulled him away quickly before we could be picked up for questioning or worse, melting into the sea of rushing men and women escaping the scene. 

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Instead of trying to get a taxi we hurried along to the streets trying to place as much distance between us and the commotion as possible. Most taxis were either taken, or avoiding the police out of fear of getting into trouble for possible helping criminals. We walked until we were a good few miles from the building, the flashing lights were no longer visible and we were finally able to slow down.

“What a electrifying night !” I exclaimed with a hint of sarcasm and an uneasy laugh.

“No. Min, I’m so sorry, it was a mistake to bring you there …” Luhan looked at me apologetically, guilt plastered on his face and he looked at his feet.

“No. You’re wrong. I’m glad you bought me there.” I smiled reassuringly giving him a slight push and he smiled. “At least we didn’t get arrested huh ?” I laughed genuinely but his expression was still slightly dark.

“What are you going to do about Sehun ?” He asked, the slight uneasiness that was expressed when Luhan mentioned Sehun’s name reminded me of his past and I grabbed his hand, slightly worried that it might have brought back bad memories of his past which I was still unsure about …

“Don’t worry. I can deal with him !” I grinned, not wanting him to feel burdened when I was actually terrified of having to face him next and was currently thinking of excuses to avoid him at all cost.

The time was 5:00 a.m. and I had a class later that afternoon which I was dreading. If I didn’t care about my grades, I would have just skipped class but I couldn’t help but care, especially with my final assignment nearing. I was really nervous and the stress was slightly suffocating, coming out tonight had been revitalizing for me, something I really needed at the moment.

We grabbed a taxi that was driving past and Luhan gave the driver my address, insisting that he could walk back to his and Jongin’s apartment which was a few miles down the road in the men’s complex. We got the driver to pull up the taxi at the bottom of the busy road that led to my apartment. As we walked down the road, a large group of men and women came sprawling down the pavement towards us, they were obviously drunk by the way they get tripping and laughing loudly to each other. I stepped to the outside of the pavement to let them past when I was suddenly roughly pushed and stumbled backwards, losing my footing …

I was about to fall into the roaring traffic when a strong arm grabbed me and me away from the road and into their chest. I breathed out in relief and looked up to see Luhan holding me tightly, his eyes clouded with worry.

“Are you okay ?” He asked concerned. I just nodded feebly in return, still traumatised after nearly getting hit by a car. “He breathed out a sigh of relief and smiled slightly, still holding me in his arms. “That’s the third time I’ve saved you, you know …” he spoke quietly …

“Aahh …” I recalled our deal made the other night when we were locked in the classroom at school. “And what would your wish be … ?” I teased …

He leant closer to me and whispered softly against my ear. My blood was pumping loudly through my veins and I was still gripping tightly onto his arm when he spoke …

“Be mine …”

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Author's Note:

So ... here's Chapter number 6 I hope you enjoyed it ^^

miss a animated GIF

How do you think Min is going to react ? What is Sehun going to do when he sees her next ?

tumblr_ln3msv1xTN1qeb6xm.gif

Please comment below, subscribe and upvote if you want ~~~

Thank you all for reading ^^

***Gifs credit to owners ***