To: Whom it may concern

Anchored- A one-shot collection

 

 

Jung Soojung            l         Oh Sehun


 

Dear you,

Today is the first day of high school and I am so glad to see you around. It's funny because we never talked before but when I saw your face around I guess I was kind of... relieved? I don't actually know you except the fact that you live in my neighbourhood. I'm not wishing for much but I hope we can get to know each other better and considering the neighbourhood link we have, perhaps be friends?

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear you,

So you are forced next to me in class and although you seemed really angry that Ms Lee moved you away from your group of friends I think I'm kind of glad that she placed you next to me. I really admire your social skills and how you seemingly befriend eveyone. It must be nice being so popular I guess. I am sorry for the switch cause you got placed next to me. 

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear you, 

Today is a really bad day I think but thank god you helped me through it. i swear differentiation is the hardest thing that I've ever learnt but thank you for being so patient with me. Track tryouts is this week and boy I didn't know you were going for it too. I'm crossing my fingers that we can both get it since there has nver been something I wanted so badly before. This probably comes naturally for you, the confidence level and all.

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear you, 

We made it through! You and I. Tough week and these days you come with such large eyebags you really should rest. You always have a friend in me you know that right? 

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear you,

So you told me that you are in love with Jinri. I don't know why I was so surprised but I'm truly happy for you because I'm sure you guys will make a great pair, personality and looks wise you guys are perfect. It's been a while since I've seen you so happy and if being wiht Jinri makes you happy, then I am happy as well. That's what friends are for, tha's what friends are for...

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear you, 

It's been 2 weeks since we've had a proper conversation with us being busy and you having Jinri by your side. I dont' know what's wrong with me and why I'm being this way but this feels weird. I wish we talked like how we used to.

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear you,

Today is White's Day. It hurts so bad, so so bad I don't know what this feeling within me is called but I want it to go away. This is so wrong but seeing you with Jinri, hearing you talk about her, seeing the expression on your face, the way it lights up at the mention of her name, it really really hurts so badly. I just want to remove this feeling from within me and toss it somewhere so things could be like how they used to be. 

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear you, 

I know this is wrong and I shouldn't be having such thoughts, feeling such emotions but I think I may be in like with you. Cheesy as this sounds I'm scared that you have such power over me because what it frightening is that you do not even know the hold you've got on me. Please, make it stop. I don't want to lose you as a friend.

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear you,

We are graduating soon and I suppose you and Jinri are planning to take the same course in university. I guess this is all for the better because it is time for me to lock up these feelings and toss away the key. Cut away what is binding me down. 

Soojung

 

 

To: Him

Dear Sehun,

It took me 2 years, 730 days, 17520 hours, 1051200 minutes, 63072000 seconds to finally have the courage to write down your name. God knows why it took me so long to muster up this courage but somewhere deep down I think it's because I know I will never see you again. Yes, I'm running away from the present into an unknown future where I can start anew. Free from all ties here into a new adventure. I thank you for being there this past two years and now we can both begin another journey, one where you can slowly forget the presence of a person named Jung Soojung, the pathetic girl that always pined for her best friend, locking her heart away and slapping a smile on. But I'm a selfish and I am crossing my fingers that perhaps you will remember those dyas we used to race each other up the slope home, slurping coke out of wine glasses, pretending to be grown ups when we were just teenagers. Before the boyfrineds and the girlfriends came along and hold on to those innocent (maybe not so) days. 

I'm leaving this country tomorrow and when you recieve this box of letters, I would have been long gone, embarking on that journey I always told you about but you never took me seriously. This is me being rash again but I like  love you. not as a friend but as a boy and it may be too late but I was once told to do all things without regrets so here is the last selfish move I'm making for myself. Take care Oh Sehun, I wish you well. 

Love,

Soojung