The call

Stargazer

Xiumin had been so caught up in just  Luhan' stomach, listening to the other boy's calm breathing, that he barely heard it when a phone began to buzz somewhere in the apartment. Waking up from his dizzy state, he gently moved Luhan from his lap, making sure that his boyfriend was comfortable on the couch before setting off in search for the buzzing phone. 

 

 

He quickly located Luhan's phone where he had left it by his bag on the floor. He was about to take it to Luhan for the other to answer it, when he saw the name on the display. 

 

'Aunt' 

 

 

With his blood boiling as he remembered what Luhan had told him about his messed up family, he quickly pressed the "end call" button and was about to put the phone back in it's original place when it suddenly began buzzing again. Once again, the same name was displayed on the screen. 

 

Xiumin took a long and hard look at the phone in his hands, pondering on what would be the best option. Should he decline the calls until Luhan's aunt finally give up, answer it himself, or give the phone to Luhan 

With a heavy heart, he decided that giving the phone to Luhan was probably for the best after all. Even if he highly doubted it, maybe Luhan's aunt was finally realizing what an awful person she had been. Going back into the living room, he gently shook Luhan and handed him the phone once he was awake and sitting up. 

 

"It's your aunt calling Luhan. I've rejected her calls over and over again but she won't give up. Just... see what she has to say and if you don't like it just hang up. Can you do that or should I just reject her call again?" Xiumin held the phone out to Luhan, who was staring at it with eyes that displayed fear and uncertainness. He was most likely wondering why his aunt would call so suddenly. 

 

Taking the phone from Xiumin with shaking hands, he accepted the call and brought the phone to his ear. "H-Hello?" 

Xiumin couldn't hear clearly what Luhan's aunt was saying, but the shouting which could be heard from the other end was a dead give away that she was pissed. 

 

"N-No I'm not c-coming back I just- No it's not l-like that at a-all." Luhan was trying to explain something to his aunt, but Xiumin soon realized that Luhan was getting more and more upset as he barely could get a full sentence out of his mouth before his aunt interrupted him. It all had to stop. 

 

Gently prying the hand with the phone away from Luhan's ear, he looked into Luhan's teary eyes as he spoke. "Luhan, do you want to keep talking to her? If you don't we can just end it, okay? You don't have to listen to her." Luhan nodded repeatedly, tears shining in his eys, and Xiumin decided that it was better for him to settle this matter as quickly as possible.  

Bringing the phone to his own ear, he jerked at the volume of the voice on the other end. Damn, that woman sure was loud! "Madam? Can you please calm down and listen to me, please?" 

 

The voice on the other end calmed down, seemingly surprised at the new voce. "Who's this? Who the hell are you and what do you think you're doing-" 

 

"That should be my question madam. What do you think you're doing, treating your nephew like this? And my name is XiuminLuhan's boyfriend, and I will not tolerate you treating him like this! If you ever dare to contact him or try to see him again, I'll take this to court. Am I clear?" 

 

He waited for an answer, but all he received was the sound of beeping from the other end, telling him that Luhan's aunt had hung up on him. Heaving a deep sigh, he put the phone down on the couch and sat down beside Luhan, who was looking down at his own shaking hands. Xiumin gently brought said hands into his own, holding the tightly within his as he used his thumbs to  Luhan's knuckles. "Don't listen to her, okay Luhan? Nothing she has to say or has said will ever matter, so you shouldn't take it to heart." 

 

Luhan looked at Xiumin with a small smile on his face, but it didn't reach his eyes. "I won't, but I just... I guessed I hoped that she would actually care that I was gone. What was I expecting, really?" Luhan shook his head, as if scolding himself, and when his tears began to slowly fall once again, Xiumin brought him into a tight hug to reassure the other's storming heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Mini-update! 

I'm so sorry that this hasn't been updated since the end of summer last year! What was I thinking? So I decided to write a mini-chapter to apologize since I've been so busy with school and other stories. Hopefully you guys will stay with me, right? 

I can't tell you when I'll update next, but I'll try not to let it slip for several months! Thank you for staying with me! You're the best! ^^