Meet Yoo Rin and the Dreaded Makeover

Living A Lie

 

Yoo Rin’s POV

            My eyes flutter open as I hear the soft pitter patter of the rain. I didn’t want to go to school today. It’s Appa and Eomma’s death anniversary but HaYeong-Eonni won’t allow me to skip school.

                I sighed as I got up. I picked up my beloved family picture and kissed it. “Annyeonghaseyo Appa, Eomma.” I whispered. “Yoo Rin! Breakfast is ready!” I heard HaYeong-Eonni shout from downstairs. “Ye, Eonni! I’m coming!” I quickly brushed my hair and pulled a blue long sleeved sweater over my purple night gown.

                “Annyeonghaseyo, Eonni~ Oppa~” I said as I put on my cheerful façade in front of Park HaYeong and Park Jihn Yeong. They were my 19 year old cousins. They were twins but they didn’t look alike. People often asked if they were boyfriend and girlfriend but they just laughed it off.

                “Neh Eonni,” I started to say. “Why aren’t you out already?” Usually Eonni and Oppa were out because as models, did I mention they were models?, they usually had photoshoot early in the morning. “Ouch! Don’t you want us around dongsaeng?” Oppa said as he pretended to be hurt at what I just said. To annoy him even more, I stared at him blankly. Rolling his eyes he said, “We decided to chill for a while since it’s… you know…” He said. My mouth formed a small ‘o’ as the meaning of his words sunk in.

                “Will you drive me to school then?” I asked. “Of course!” shouted Eonni. I grinned. We never get to hang out often so just driving me to school is one of the ways we could ‘hang out’. I jumped up and got ready for school. I yanked my brush through my hair and tied it up into two messy pig tails, put on my glasses and yanked my oversized uniform on.

                “Let’s go, Eonni!” I said as I jumped up and down all giddy. Eonni laughed and grabbed her keys as Oppa hurried to put on his jacket and grabbed some socks on the way. “Oi! Yoo Rin! Slow down!” Oppa screamed as he was balancing on one leg and putting on socks on the other. I laughed at the state of my cousin. I calmed down enough to stop but inside I was all giddy. I don’t know why I’m always like this. Whenever we get to go to a place together I will always feel giddy and excited. Even if… It’s school… I groaned, my giddiness fading together with my smile. “Oi, Yoo Rin! What’s with the frown?” Eonni asked. I sighed and said, “No matter if you drive me to that hell hole or not… It’s still gonna be a goddamned HELL HOLE!” They laughed at my choice of words and said, “It’s not that bad!” I scoffed and said, “Yeah right…” We bantered about silly stuff all the way to school but it was fun that way.

                I groaned as Oppa hit the brakes. HeYeong-Eonni laughed at my reaction and said, “Get your outta the car!” I frowned playfully. “You don’t want me here?” I asked in a baby-ish tone. Jihn Yeong-oppa rolled his eyes and said, “Don’t be a drama queen. You’re gonna be late!” It was my turn to roll my eyes. “Arasso, arasso! I’m getting off.” I grabbed my purple messenger bag and hopped off the car. I waved joyfully at the car as it zoomed off. Once it was out of sight I let out a deep sigh. Blinking a couple of times, I tried to regain my poker face. My smiley lips turned down into a straight line and my wide open eyes became a bit droopy and bored-looking. I ruffled my bangs to make it messier and walked to school.

                “Well, look who it is…” A female voice said, a voice that was all too familiar, Hana Smith, the y American transfer student. I tried to ignore her as I walked past her bright yellow Volvo. Her friends noticed that I was trying to ignore her so they tripped me. My books went sprawling on the street and Hana’s Volvo ran over my English report and then it hit me (NO! Not the car!) the realization that they also weren’t gonna leave me alone today. I sighed as I picked up my papers and continued to walk calmly towards the classroom.

                I stared at the soggy paper on my desk, that soggy paper that used to be my English report. Annoyed, I crumpled it up and shoved it to the bottom of my bag. I placed my chin my palm and looked out into the blue sky. I couldn’t help the small smile that formed on my lips. I just love nature too much. Since no one wanted to sit next to me or near me, I had the space all to myself. I hummed a small tune that just came into my mind. The bell rang signaling the end of the period. I snapped out of my trance and cleared my desk, ready for the next subject. Walking out of the classroom I saw the school jerk and heartbreaker, Song Kei, standing there all high and mighty. I put on my earphones and blasted my music loudly, making sure that he could hear it, I walked by him purposely stepping on his foot. I know that he is probably shouting my name but my music to too loud and even though I turned it off, I still wouldn’t hear him over the sound of my awesomeness.

                My happiness and sense of victory was short because when I reached the next classroom… I was seatmates with.. Hana… ugh.. Flopping down on my desk, I tried to get as little attention as possible. “Okay class! Today, we are going to have a surprise quiz!” The teacher said as she practically skipped to her desk. I heard a couple of groans around the classroom but I stayed quiet. I mean, how hard could it be? When the papers were passed I stared at the paper for a good 3 minutes. The heck? My eyes bugged as I saw hundreds of numbers on the paper. I heaved a sigh and started to compute. This was going to be a loooooong day.

                By the end of day I was by far… exhausted! There were so many projects and activities and all these crazy other stuff the crazy teachers wanted us to do! ARGH! My head hurts so much. I sighed as I walked back home. I opened the door and quickly changed into my normal attire for dance class. No matter how bad my day is, I always feel good in dance class. I still don’t talk much there but I get rid of my glasses, actually comb my hair and wear clothes that actually fit. Though it’s not very fitting it will do. Tapping my shoes on the floor, making sure it’s not too tight or too loose, I headed off. Looking around, I did my usual routine. Figuring things out, or what Eonni and Oppa would usually call as “Future Telling”. Walking by a store I saw a girl rummaging through her bag frantically. Any moment now her purse, which is in her pocket will fall… I thought as I stared at it. Sure enough it fell to the floor. I grinned and continued to walk on. On the street I saw a girl and boy talking. The girl looked like she liked the boy. The boy started to walk off. That girl will stop the boy in 5… 4… 3… 2 aaaaannnd “Wait!” I heard her say. They talked for a bit and they hugged. Awww.. I thought and walked off again. This is fun. I always do this when going to dance class.

                So, here I am! I trot over to the door and push it open. Then I heard this loud hip hop song being played. I placed my bag in my locker as I gave my walk a little bounce together with the beat.

                “Yoo Rin!” I heard a female voice call me. “Mi Hee!” I greeted her and I ran to hug her. “When did you get back? Oh my gosh! Why didn’t you tell me ANYTHING?” I demanded. “Um… surprise?” she said, awkwardly. I hugged her tightly and said, “I missed you! How was Japan? Did you bring me a sakura?” She grinned and fished out a pressed pink sakura flower. I picked it up gingerly and said, “You even pressed it! Saranghae Mi Hee!” She just laughed and said, “Come on! I think the teacher is here.” She dragged me over to the front of the mirror and yanked the clip from my hair letting my hair fall down. “Yah! Mi Hee! Give it back!” I said as I reached for her hand. “Andwae!” She said as she placed it in her pocket. I rolled my eyes and “Whip My Hair” by Willow Smith came on. I eyed her suspiciously and she winked at me and pointed at herself letting me know that she put the CD on. Of course. No wonder she got my hair clip. As the song started we danced to the beat not caring who saw. I whipped my hair and she did too. All the other teenagers stopped and looked at us. We danced different steps but it looked rehearsed. By the end of the song people were clapping and so was the teacher. She walked over to us and said, “Yoo Rin, I didn’t know you could dance well. You should stop being at the back and out of my view so much!” She joked and welcomed Mi Hee to the dance club.

                Mi Hee glared at me. “Mwo?” I asked. “Why  are you staying at the back?” She said as she stomped her feet like a child. “Because I want to.” I grabbed a water bottle and gulped down half its contents. She growled and said, “I’m going to give you a makeover whether you like it or not!” I rolled my eyes and tipped the bottle to drink the rest but I was being dragged by Mi Hee. “OI! OI! Geuman! Where are you taking me?” My water bottle fell to the floor and I saw my bag on Mi Hee’s shoulder. “I’m taking you to the salon!” She said with a triumphant smirk.

THE SALON???

……

……

……

*(^*)#@^)*&%$@&%@)*#&^%@#*&!$%($@#*(^!!!!!!!

“MI HEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!” I screamed as I thrashed around trying to break free. After 20 minutes of walking/thrashing I got tired and gave up. “FINE! You win!!” I said as I allowed her to drag me across the street to the… the…. S-salon…..

UGH!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

End of Chapter ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soo? What do you think? Is it okay? Is it good? Is it crazy? Is it stupid? Suggestions? :DDD Anyway, subscribe and comment! You can also apply as another character. Check out my blog in my profile. Annyeonghaseyo~~