I Need You

Last Wish

It's just not the same anymore, thought Woohyun as he entered the dorm. He wasn't met and greeted by any of the members. Only silence embraced him. There was nothing; neither laughter or arguments. His heart thudded with an uneven tremor, chills enveloped him. Releasing a trembling breath, the tears began to fall once more. How could it be the same ever again? Their leader was gone. 

Ever since the funeral, Dongwoo had locked himself in his room, only leaving to get food and other necessities which he only did when Woohyun had begged him to. Even then, he was almost like a zombie, silent, eyes glassy. The excited skip in his step had slowed, mirroring that of a sloth's.

Hoya had also locked himself up but in the dance practice room. The music has been pumping loudly for three days straight, non stop, and no one even knew if he was eating or sleeping, no voices could be heard over the music. Woohyun could swear at one point he heard Hoya playing "I need you" and "60 seconds". He wished he could say the younger was singing along but it was more like the cries of a child then the melodic sound of singing. 

Similarly, Sungjong was "practicing", if that was what you could call it, too. He, in the music room, had been playing "Only tears" over and over. Sometimes, he would sing along but, with a soft treble in his voice, his fingers would instantly stop and slam down on the piano, crying and screaming before he would do it all over again. Something seemed to change in Sungjong and Woohyun couldn't quite put a finger on it. His playing style seemed to change, almost as if he was memorising the way Sunggyu would play. 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo... Woohyun wished he could explain what had happened to them but he didn't even know. After the accident, Sungyeol kept telling himself repeatedly that this couldn't be true. He grasped at Woohyun's arms and begged him to agree but, even Woohyun was hurting that time. What was he to console another when he couldn't even console himself? Sungyeol's eventually stopped, went silent before he erupted into laughter. In the room filled with silent tears and sobs, Sungyeol's laughter was something that they couldn't even react to. 

The one who ended it was Dongwoo. Hands gripped so tightly together that his nails pieced his skin, Dongwoo, for the first time ever, probably in his whole life, displayed violence, punching Sungyeol until the boy hit the ground with a thud. 

"God, 'Yeol, get your ing together!" He screamed, voice crackling before he stormed off and entrapped himself before anyone could reply. His words were contradictory but no one could judge him for it.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo eventually left together, saying that they were visiting their families. However, when Woohyun tried to get a hold of them through their families, he was only told that Sungyeol and Myungsoo only came home for a day, disappearing in the night. Shocked, Woohyun quickly bid goodbye before he could hear their condolences. 

Dropping his bag to the floor, Woohyun walked over to Sunggyu's bed, disappointed that once again, he could not find Sungyeol or Myungsoo. Taking out the beaded bracelet, he rubbed the cool beads along his finger. Clasping them in his hands, he prayed.

"S-Sunggyu, help m-me. Why did you leave... What am I g-going to do... The kids.. They need you..." I need you. Woohyun's eyes shut before the tears came, gritting his teeth. This isn't the time to cry. Rocking himself in a slow metronome, his phone suddenly .

날 안아주면 안돼요
손 잡아주면 안돼요
I need you now
I need you now
다 안녕이라 말하고
웃으며 보낼 수 있도록
도와줘요 당신이 난 필요해

"Why is I need you playing... Hah," Woohyun's tears spilled as he gave a bitter smile, walking over to his phone. Standing by the cupboard, he heard a strange squeak of the bed as it fluctuates behind him. "Wh-what?"

"Because I need you, Woohyun."