Honest Truth

Fiction Or Fact

 

 

Eun Sung’s POV

 

We skated (or should you say run) as fast as we could around the rink and boy, Yo Seob was fast! I screamed at the top of my voice saying, “NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

 

Although it’s just mere one round around the rink, ice skating was tough work. It was tougher than having to dance for 1 hour for our dance choreography. Yo Seob skated around the rink like it was easy feat and he even turn around and smiled at me a couple of times. He made me laughed with his small antics while skating.

 

The people around us began to look at our little competition, perhaps because they recognised us. Many ajummas were rooting for Yo Seob. I still tried my best to close up the wide gap between Yo Seob and I so that I wouldn’t look like a very big loser.

 

Just before the finishing line, Yo Seob slowed down. What was he thinking?

 

Yo Seob turned around and looked at me with those eyes.

 

I ran past him as I couldn’t control my skates from stopping and reached the finishing line. “YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I WON!” I jumped up and down on my skates clumsily and skated towards him.

 

“Why did you let me win?” My thoughts were fairly clear after I claimed that I had “won”.

 

It was so obvious he let me win. He was so much further away from me and he was about to reach the finishing line before I did.

 

“Don’t you think it’s very gentlemen for me to do so? And I’m curious about your wish for me.” He smirked sheepishly.

 

“What?!” I screamed.

 

Ah, that smart guy. He was getting cuter every minute I looked at him. I smacked my head and “collapsed” on the floor. I was so drained after the short competition we had. My stamina was bad.

 

“Aish! Next time let’s have a real competition. I don’t like guys to give in. I want a real competitive one next time! Ok? Don’t give in to me, it’s no fun!” I told him.

 

He was shocked at my words. What did I say wrong?

 

“Really? You don’t like me giving in to you? Wow… okay! I shall not be nice next time!” Yo Seob held out his pinkie and we promised each other.

 

After the long ice skating, we were so exhausted because we kept playing around the rink and laughing hysterically at each other’s skills. We needed a huge meal to make up for it!

 

We sat comfortably in a small restaurant just beside the ice skating rink. The writers handed us two sheets of paper – One for me and one for Yo Seob.

 

“What is it?” Yo Seob and I asked at the same time.

 

Yo Seob opened his first while I took a sip of my drink. After opening, he laughed out loud like never before.

 

Omo, they attached my high school photo in it! Ah! That was the moment I would like to remove in my life. I was a tom boy with freakishly short hair with tanned skinned and “no-nonsense” expression. Oh no! How could they?

 

“GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!” I ran to his side and tried to snatch his paper.

 

“NO! NO! Get away!” He screamed and kept the paper under his shirt, making it impossible for me to grab it now.

 

After countless of attempts, I gave up.

 

After seeing I went back to my seat, Yo Seob regained his senses and took out the paper from his shirt. Yo Seob began to read whatever was on the paper:

 

“Eun Sung.

Full Name: Lee Eun Sung

Nicknames: Blackie, shortie, brother, stoned face

Relationship Experiences: None. Had a total of 2 crushes.

Things to look for in a boyfriend: Above 175cm. Muscular. Sporty. Good sense of humour. Mature-looking.

Ideal types: Rain, Hyun Bin”

 

He nodded as he finished reading. “Wow, your ideal types are... out of your league! They're so famous. I only qualify for one which is good sense of humour. No, no, I have muscles too, you want to see them?”

 

“AHHHHH no thank you!” I covered my eyes in horror.

 

“You lied! You said you have no ideal type!” He accused me.

 

I shook my head and denied, “What they wrote isn’t true! I only said I admire them, not as ideal types!”

 

“You liar!” He continued to accuse me.

 

He shifted his attention to a subject that I didn’t wish he will bring up.

 

“And… And… your high school photo is hilarious!!!” He stuttered through his words while laughing at the same time.

 

He covered his face with the piece of paper, scanning through my photo again and again. I hid my face on the table and took another sip of my drink, “Everyone has their bad moments, please stop looking at it!”

 

He giggled and gave his ultimate cutest laughter ever, finally he got over the photo and changed the subject, “But seriously, you have never dated before? Neither have I. Guess we have something in common.”

 

“You too? Don’t lie!”

 

“I’m not lying. I’m really curious on what is it like to date though…”

 

I ignored his words and continued, “Alright it’s my turn to read your profile!

 

"Yo Seob.

Full Name: Yang Yo Seob

Nicknames: Seobie, Aegyo king, virtual maknae

Relationship Experiences: None. Had a crush in 5th grade.

Things to look for in a girlfriend: Long hair. Cute Girl. Gentle looking. Fair skinned.

Ideal types: IU”

 

I glanced at him, giving my famous stoned face.

 

I looked at his photo of him in high school and was disappointed. He looked so adorable back then. Only his hair had changed, others were still the same. He didn’t look bad at all! What injustice!

 

  

 

“How can they attach an ugly photo of me when yours is perfectly fine? The writers must be your female fans…” I commented sarcastically.

 

“It’s okay. It’s a known fact that I’m cute.” He touched his face and mocked me.

 

“Fair skinned? Gentle looking? Long hair? Cute?” I glared at him as I could see his face changed, “Ah, you’re quite loyal. IU is your only ideal type.”

 

He tried to grab the paper by going across the table but he failed. He placed his two hands together and begged meekly to me, “Let’s not talk about my ideal type, please! She’s my senior… senior.”

 

“Right, senior! The whole world knows you like IU,” I , “You must be disappointed in the marriage arrangement right?” I while continuing to glare at him.

 

“That’s not true, Eun Sung…” He smiled sheepishly again and looked down and started biting his straw.

 

“Tsk…”

 

After the long tiff, our food came and we began eating.

 

 “Oh yes, I almost forgot!” Yo Seob suddenly jerked up while eating his dinner.

 

I tilted my head to show my confusion at his words. What was it about him now? I was hungry, I needed to eat my food!

 

He smirked.

 

 

“Your wish for me, remember?”