001

Where Are You?

CHAPTERTWO

 

Two weeks. Do Kyungsoo had already been missing for two weeks. Not that he really counted, but it was just he seemed to have this hyperaware Kyungsoo-isn't-there radar. For so many times, he found himself trying to look around the school and at the cafe where he worked part time in. It got so crazy he knew he was craning his neck trying to find out who exactly walked through that door and hoped it was the smaller male that he may or may not dream of.

Missing him? He would not bet on it. After all, who would actually miss someone he did not even know? Loving a stranger? Don't be ridiculous. This was not a movie and nothing but real life.

It was during Math class, the class where he shared with Kyungsoo. He remembered Kyungsoo sitting just two rows in front of him. Kyungsoo would also be lying on his arm, sprawled on his table. Then beside him was his best friend, Baekhyun trying his best to focus on the lesson, but then got too distracted and used his phone instead. Occasionally, Baekhyun will start snickering and elbow Kyungsoo and they will both share giggles, hoping the teacher would not find out. Now Baekhyun was sitting on the same seat, but Kyungsoo's seat was taken by this person called Jongdae. Baekhyun and Jongdae were doing the same exact thing, where Jongdae fell asleep and Baekhyun was on his phone. 

Then came lunch. Without him realising, he had been observing Baekhyun. Jongdae was eating and scrolling through his phone, smiling at random times. Baekhyun was in a heated discussion about something weird with this guy called Chanyeol from another class. Xiumin was laughing with Luhan over something on their phones. That used to be Kyungsoo's group of friends. But it seemed like a perfect picture now. A perfect friendship bond between the five boys, but without Kyungsoo. It seemed like Kyungsoo was never in the picture. 

And that scared him so much.

Where exactly is Kyungsoo? His Kyungsoo?

He decided to go up to Baekhyun during their walk to the next class. He tapped on his shoulder and Baekhyun turned around. His eyebrows raised. 

"Do I know you?" Baekhyun asked, unsure why this tanned guy that seemed quite familiar was talking to him. He looked so nervous and its making him nervous too. What if this is a confession? Baekhyun could not deal with this now. He was literally freaking out at that possibility. 

"Uh, hello? Uhm, Baekhyun... So uh...." He started speaking, unsure why he was so nervous. Maybe it was because he was so near to Kyungsoo for once, not really the original person but being near his friend was nerve-wrecking too.

"So uh..." He took a deep breath, "May I know if Kyungsoo is unwell? He doesn't seem to be in school lately..." 

"Kyung.... soo?" Baekhyun slowed his speech, and there was a long silence between them. He watched Baekhyun's face from a smile to a questionable expression, with one eyebrow raised. He could literally see a loading wheel above Baekhyun's head.

After what seemed like one and a half lifetimes later, Baekhyun finally opened his mouth.

"Kyungsoo who?" 

What?

What?

What do you mean Baekhyun did not know Kyungsoo?

"What do you mean you don't know Kyungsoo?" He panicked, "He's your friend! He's your best friend, Baekhyun!" He shook Baekhyun's shoulders, not caring if he came across too desperate.

By the way Baekhyun's mouth falling wide open and staring at him wide eyed, he could tell that he was genuinely shocked. That confused him so much. Baekhyun clammed his mouth shut a few seconds after and there was a long pause between them once again.

"I don't know what you're talking about or anything about this Kyungsoo guy thing. As far as I, Byun Baekhyun know, my best friends are Kim Jongdae, Park Chanyeol, Lu Han and Kim Minseok and none of them are remotely near the name Kyungsoo. Thank you very much." Baekhyun unleashed his hidden diva side that he only preserve for specific annoying people, like the one whom was standing right in front of him. 

"So shut your crazy talk and leave me and my friends alone," Baekhyun briefly scanned across the name tag that hung on the crazy dude that was right in front of him, "Kim Jongin."

Just like that, Baekhyun, with a scrowl on his face, turned his heel and walked off, leaving a shocked Jongin behind. He could remotely hear Baekhyun saying he was a crazy weirdo and was super delusional to Jongdae, who simply shrugged and assured Baekhyun that Jongin was indeed a crazy delusional weirdo.

 

 

 

♦⇔♦

 

(Food)note:  im sorry if this is crappy /ducks/ about people asking me what the hell is a "foodnote", its "footnote" and because my fat loves food so now its "foodnote", yes i know A1 for creativity.                                                                                                                                                                now how do i replicate that on my national exam certificate....... /ponders while posing as the screen fades away/