Pilot

Where Are You?

CHAPTERONE

Do Kyungsoo was average. To put it very bluntly, Do Kyungsoo had nothing special about him. He had an average face, an average voice, average grades. He was born to a set of average parents, his father being a Mechanical Engineer while his mother worked at a publishing company. He had friends, but it was never to the point he would rise up to be one of those kings in the school where everyone would fawn over, neither was he a socially awkward loner that had little to no friends and was damned to sit alone in that crowded cafeteria. 

Do Kyungsoo was just, average.

And well, average people did have their 'average people' problems, which explained why Do Kyungsoo stuffed his face into his pillow with his tears running down his face. Kyungsoo was never happy with himself. He would admit he worked hard, but things would never be in his favour. He was insecure, he thought that many people disliked him. He saw himself as useless, since he was so average and could not stand out. Wait, this was not the Do Kyungsoo with his friends or family. This was not the Do Kyungsoo who laughed so hard that he could not breathe at his friends' jokes or that Do Kyungsoo whose face would light up at the sight of his favourite spaghetti. But under all the masks he put on in the day and 3am of the silent night, the real Do Kyungsoo appeared. Well, the 'Kyungsoo attack' (what he would like to name those occurances) striked at 3am that November night, Kyungsoo was again in tears. 

He wished everything would disappear. Sadness would bring him along. If he could press a button that would make him disappear, he would. He was in pain, he could feel it physically. "Useless, useless, useless." rang in his mind to the point his head hurt.

All these time, he worked so hard and yet no one was there to appreciate him?

"You're useless, don't you know that?"

He tried so hard to prove himself worthy, did anyone not see?

"No one would care even if you disappear."

If he really did vanish, would anyone notice?

"Dear God, please let me disappear and let everyone forget my existence." 

Out of all wishes sent to God, he had decided to grant this one. 

Do Kyungsoo disappeared, for now. 


♦⇔♦

"One Americano please!" 

"Order coming right up..." he muttered. He was bored, even if he was busy preparing that Americano and three other drinks that the girl had ordered. His eyes unknowingly darted out to the door from time to time, waiting for that brown haired male to show up through the front door. He was waiting for that male that familiar polite voice to say his usual order. 

One hour passed.

Two hours passed.

He still did not catch sight of the brown-haired male.

Three hours passed.

Four hours passed.

He wondered if he got the day of the week wrong. But it was a Wednesday, he should be here by now, sipping his ice frappucino with his obnoxiously loud friends.

Five hours passed.

Six hours passed.

He got worried. What if he was in trouble and could not make it? Or maybe he was too busy and just could not make it?

His shift ended. With slow and heavy steps, he walked himself home. He did not get to see his favourite boy that day.

 

♦⇔♦

 

(Food)note:  I don't know what I'm writing, really. Hope you appreciate this bullcrap. Yikes /hides/