Fate

The Most Heartwarming, Yet Heart Wrenching One Year

Luhan ran all the way back to his apartment.  He pushed open the doors and walked into the elevator, and pushed the 21st floor button.  He was completely soaking wet in rain and it wasn't a good feeling.  As the elevator kept going up, Luhan kept shivering. 

The elevator door opened and Luhan stepped out.  As he was walking to his door, and taking out his keys, he noticed boxes next door.

"New neighbors must've moved in.  I'll greet them later."  Luhan muttered to himself. 

He unlocked the door to his apartment and stepped right in.  He took off his shoes quickly and made a b line to the bathroom.  He didn't want any water to get on the floor.  After taking another shower, and putting on his pajamas, he checked the clock. 11:35; the clock read.  Time was going by slowly today.  Luhan still had a lot of time before the meeting, so he decided to do something productive; his job.  He walked over to his bedroom and pulled out a chair and sat down.  He worked on finishing his comics and novels.  He was so concentrated on finishing his work that time flew by without him knowing.  3:35.  He changed his pajamas to a white t-shirt, a black cardigan and a pair of black pants.  After looking in the mirror five times to see if he looked okay, he grabbed his keys, wallet, and cell phone, off the table.  With that, he was ready to go.  Luhan put on his black sneakers and locked the door.  He walked to the elevator and pushed the 1st floor button.   

The elevator door's opened and he walked out to the garage.  Taking out his car keys, and clicking his car open, he opened the door and sat down.  He turned the engine on and left the garage.  He checked his watch and it was three fifty.  He hoped there wasn't going to be any traffic.  Luhan couldn't afford to be late.


It seemed like it wasn't Luhan's day at all.  He indeed did get stuck in traffic, and now he had five minutes to park his car in the company's garage and then get to the fifth floor on time.  It was a race against time.  He inserted his card into the slot so he could enter the garage.  Luckily, he was able to find a parking spot fast. 

Four minutes left to go

Luhan stepped out of his car, closed the door and ran to the front of the building.  He pushed opened the front doors and ran to the elevators. 

Three minutes left to go

Ding

The elevator doors opened and Luhan stepped right in.  He pushed the fifth floor button, and pushed the close the elevator doors button.  He couldn't afford to be late.  This was a meeting with famous directors, and he couldn't screw up.  The meeting was to discuss his novels turning into movies, and the author couldn't be late himself.  Also, Luhan had an image to maintain.  

Two minutes left

Ding

The elevator doors opened and he dashed out of the elevator and into the office.  He had to run down the hallway to get to the meeting's room.  

One minute left

With a minute to spare, Luhan made it.  He was now standing in front of the door.  He quickly fixed his hair and clothes and opened the door.

"Ah, Mr. Lu your here.  Take a seat and lets get started shall we?"  Director Kim said.  

"Yes, why don't we?"  Luhan replied with a smile.  

Luhan sat down next to Minseok, and the meeting officially started.  Even though it was an important meeting, Luhan couldn't help but zone out 90% of the time, and Minseok knew this.  So, in the end, Minseok would have to do all the talking, and relay this information to Luhan later.  

"So then, we have a deal?" Director Kim asked Minseok and Luhan. 

"Of course we do." Minseok replied, and Luhan just shook his head in agreement. 

"Alright, now Director Kim, you just need to sign the contract, and Luhan you too.  When you are both done signing then this meeting can be officially be over."  Minseok said. 

Luhan and Director Kim both signed the contract and both said goodbyes.  This left Luhan and Minseok alone in the meeting room. 

"You weren't paying attention at all, were you?" Minseok questioned.

"If you already know the answer, why bother asking?"  Luhan answered. 

"Just hoping by chance you listened so I wouldn't have to repeat the information twice." 

"Well, you do."

Minseok could only sigh and Luhan just smiled.  Luhan liked making his friend's lives more miserable.  After all, there is no such thing as an easy life. 

"By the way, your going to have a new editor.  I'll relay the meeting's information to you, and your new editor."  Minseok announced. 

Luhan's smile dropped.  "Why am I getting a new editor?  I don't want one." 

"It's not your choice Luhan.  Linda quit because she's getting married, and  Jongdae needs an another assistant but it takes time to find a new one, and 95% of the time no one can handle him like me and Linda could.  So, with that said, I was chosen to be his new assistant and you're getting a new editor."  Minseok replied.  

Luhan could only frown.  "You were only chosen cause he's your boyfriend."

Minseok stifled a smile.  Being able to spend more time with Jongdae made him content.  "Yeah, that's true.  Sorry, Luhan, I have to go now.  Your new editor will be here so just wait for him.  See ya."  With that, Minseok left the room and closed the door on the way out.

Luhan closed his eyes and groaned.  It wasn't that Luhan had feelings for Minseok, it was that Luhan hated meeting new people.  For Luhan, meeting new people were uncomfortable and plain awkward.  It also took devotion.  He had to learn their name, be friendly, be nice, and etcetera.  Luhan never liked meeting new people, and he never did.  This was why he didn't have much friends.  Sometimes, Luhan wondered himself how he was managed to get friends during school.  He considered himself lucky.  While deep in thought he didn't notice his new editor was already in the room and was sitting right in front of him.  

"Well, isn't this a surprise?"  

"Huh?" Luhan snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the person in front of him.  

Oh my gosh.  No freaking way.  THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG IN THIS LIFE TIME?!

"S-Sehun? As in Oh Sehun?"  Was all Luhan could manage to say.  

"Mhm.  I'm quite shocked you actually remembered me."  Sehun said.  

How could I forget you?  You were the one to scar my heart.

"I could say the same to you."  Luhan said with a glare.

Sehun could only chuckle.  This enraged Luhan.  

"What's so funny?"  

"You just never changed have you?  Are you still upset about what happened eight years ago?"

"Why do I need to change?  And for your information, that is none of your concern.  Now if you excuse me, I'm going to find a new editor."  Luhan said with a huff and headed for the door.  

Before Luhan could exit the room, Sehun took hold of his wrist. 

"What is your problem?!"  Luhan yelled in annoyance.  He clearly didn't want to be in the same room, nor work together with the man who inflicted so much pain to him. 

"Luhan, about back then... I was immature and stupid.. I was scared of love, and I know I'm eight years to late to say this and what I did to you was wrong.  I'm sorry." Sehun said with sincerity.

Luhan could only scoff.  "And why do you feel an obligation to say this?  I mean, it has been already eight years, isn't an apology too little?  Also, if you really feel sorry then don't be my editor and go to another company to work at."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because, I love you."  Sehun meant this from the bottom of his heart.

Speechless, needless to say, Luhan turned around to see what kind of game he was playing, but all he saw was eyes filled with honesty, no lies.  Luhan was shocked and confused, he couldn't comprehend the situation before him. 

Why?  Out of all the years why and now?  Did he purposely come and find me to say this?  Is he being truthful?  What is the meaning of this.  It feels like some kind of sick joke played on by fate. 


364 days to go...