End

KJM's Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

KJM’s love

 

 

“Love”, he called me with his soothing voice.

 

 

My mind was snapped back to the reality, I turned my head from the window to the guy who sat beside me. His gaze fell on me with his lips curved into a smile. I could not help but to reply him with a smile too. The train’s journey back to my hometown took more than two hours and my mind kept on wandering without a definite aim.

 

 

“What are you thinking?” He leaned closer while searching for my eyes.

 

 

After two months, he still looked the same except the fact that I could see his cheekbones because his face became slimmer. His black hair reached above the collar, and his fringe fell just above his eyes.

 

 

After locking his eyes to mine, he continued, "What else do you want to think? I am here, right in front of you I promise, I’ll not go anywhere without you”.

 

 

“But, if that’s what you want, I’ll leave you without asking”, he said in a joking tone but his words struck straight to my heart.

 

 

I hit his arm playfully, “What are you talking about, Junmyeon? Stop talking nonsense”.

 

 

He let out a small laugh. “Just kidding. I’m sorry”.

 

 

“I know”, I assured him while intertwining our fingers together. His touch gave a chill to my spine, yet the warmness to my heart.

 

 

However, another guy came into my mind. In less than two months, the memories kept lingering on my mind. I felt guilty, I lied to Junmyeon. I was thinking about another guy, while Junmyeon innocently stayed by my side. I wanted to erase him from my life, but I couldn’t.

 

 

“So, is this going to be a big event?” He asked.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

He chuckled and tapped my nose.

 

 

“You didn’t listen everything that I said just now?”

 

 

“I’m sorry, Junmyeon. Can you repeat it again?” I asked him sheepishly.

 

 

He scrunched his eyebrows and said, “Your parents’ wedding anniversary, I mean”.

 

 

“Oh.. I’m not so sure either. But, I think most of the guests are our close relatives and friends”, I replied.

 

 

He nodded his head. He then grab his bag pack from the compartment while saying, “Are you hungry?”

 

 

I looked at him and the food container, which was now on the table.

 

 

His eyes turned into a pair of crescent moons whenever he talked about his cooking. I have realised that was his habit when his mood lifted up.

 

 

“Wow, you cooked curry? My favourite”.

 

 

He nodded his head happily, as if I have acknowledged his cooking.

 

 

“I learnt this during my outstation from my colleagues. We became so bored to eat fast food and we came with the idea to cook curry”.

 

 

“Love, it’s not spicy. I have adjusted to suit your likings”, he explained.

 

 

 

I smiled, feeling genuinely touched as he could still remember one the tiniest things about me.

 

 

“It’s delicious! Junmyeon, you should teach me one day!” I said to him. He gave me a big smile.

 

 

 

“Really?” he beamed at me happily.

 

 

 

 

He then touched my right cheek and said, “Thank you for the encouragement. I know it’s not as tasty as you could imagine but I promise to make it better in future”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a long journey, we finally arrived when the taxi stopped in front of my lovely house which it has its own small garden. I have been living here since high school and the surrounding place had a soft spot in my heart.

 

 

 

“You should go first. I’ll pay and bring the bags in”, Junmyeon said.

 

 

“Thank you”.

 

 

I rang the doorbell but there was no one to open the door. I tried to find my phone in my bag when a guy slowly opened the door from inside. Apparently, he was there standing in front of me. Yes, the guy that made me confused for the past two months.

 

 

“Hey pretty”.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

“Hey pretty”, the taller guy with darker complexion stood in front of me with a smirk plastered on his face.

 

 

My eyes widened looking at him and I clutched my handbag on my side.

 

 

“What are doing here?” I asked him.

 

 

“Looking for you, of course”, he said mischievously.

 

 

 

His eyes never left mine till I felt so suffocated with his sharp gaze.

 

 

“Stop doing that!”

 

 

Being oblivious, he gave me a small smile.

 

 

“What? Oh pretty, you are too rude. Is this the way you treated your guest, huh?” He leaned closer when suddenly my mom greeted me from behind.

 

 

“Sweetie, you have arrived! How are you doing?” she took me in closer for a hug while the tall guy stood there silently, looking at the moment of reunion.

 

 

“Never been greater than before. How about you, Mom?” I replied when we broke the long hug.

 

 

“I’m good. I’m missing you so much. Your dad too”. She rubbed my sides with her motherly smile never left her lips.

 

 

“Mom, what is he doing here?” I asked my mom, giving a look to the guy.

 

 

“Oh, this is Kim Jong In. Do you remember my best friend from the college? This is her son, by the way”.

 

 

My mom playfully said, “The one that I wanted to set up your blind date with”.

 

 

Jong In interrupted, “Yes and the one that keep on chasing you all this while”. Jong In who leaned against the door frame, lifted one of his eyebrows and a cheeky smile tugged on his lips.

 

 

“Sweetie, who is that?”

 

 

I turned my head looking at my mom’s direction. Junmyeon was there, looking at three of us with the bags on his shoulder and hands. He walked closer to us and bowed politely to my mom. My mom greeted Junmyeon cheerfully.

 

 

“Hello, I believe this is the first time I meet you. I’m Kim Junmyeon”.

 

 

Then he looked at me and gave a flat smile. He looked back at Jong In and my mom.

 

 

“I’m Junmyeon… Her friend”.

 

 

I was flabbergasted and before I could say anything to clear up the misunderstanding, my mom ushered all of us into the house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I walked to the upstairs to put down the bags and Junmyeon’s in his own room.  I sat on the bed and massaged lightly my head, feeling uncomfortable with the constant pain. The long journey by train and taxi made me feel even more exhausted.

 

A familiar pair of warm hands replaced my hand from my forehead. I closed my eyes, feeling comfortable with his touch.

 

 

“Headache?” He asked.

 

 

I nodded while still closing my eyes and then opened back my eyes looking at the owner of the voice.

 

 

“Junmyeon”.

 

 

His name slippe

Please log in to read the full chapter