Prologue

Dysfunctional Fairytale


“-And they lived happily ever after,” Sungjong finished with a smile as he closed yet another fairy tale book. All the children immediately cheered and thanked him for the story before they all scrammed to different directions, doing whatever it was they wanted to do.

Sungjong only watched them all with a smile. He had always loved kids and said love was what forced him to take this job in the first place, despite the low wage of it. The smiles the kids gave him in thanks was enough reward for him, he never really cared about money in the first place. He was after all, the youngest son of a big company’s CEO.

“Hey Jong, your favorite group has arrived," The daycare center’s owner told him and Sungjong thanked her, immediately going to the entrance to greet his favorite kids.

After saying their good bye’s and watching their parents leave, all six children immediately latched on Sungjong’s legs and they gave the pretty care taker  toothy smiles.

“Hi hyung!” They all exclaimed. Sungjong released a chuckle and ruffled all of their heads. When the kids released their hold on his legs, Sungjong squatted to their size and looked at them all on the eyes.

“What do you want to do today?” He asked and as expected all the kids' expression brightened.

“Tell us a story!” The oldest kid with red hair and small squinty eyes – Sunggyu – exclaimed, making the rest of his companion squeal in glee and agree. Sungjong smiled to himself, Sunggyu had always been the voice of the group. Everyone followed him and no one would dare disobey him – just because he is the eldest.

“Okay then, let’s go to the library so that you can pick whatever book you would want.” The kids were about to run before another kid with small eyes and was always with Sunggyu – Woohyun – stopped them all.

“Wait! Woohyunie doesn’t want any of those fairytales, Woohyunie has already heard about them all from Umma. Woohyunie want something new hyung, Pleeeaaaase.” Woohyun tugged at Sungjong’s shirt and pouted at him, knowing how weak the other is to his aegyo. Despite not being the youngest, the other was the group's aegyo machine and he loved talking in third person, making him much more cuter in the eyes of the adults and in turn he always got what he wanted. 

“Ah, ah, ah!” the shortest who looked like a Dino – Dongwoo – raised his hand and beamed at Sungjong. The care taker chuckled before nodding at the other, giving him permission to speak. “I want a story where I killed all the bad guys and save the day!” Dongwoo excitedly said and bounced in his place, a toothy grin in his face and was looking at Sungjong with shining eyes.

“NO!” the kid beside Dongwoo – Howon – exclaimed, his arms crossed as he huffed at the bouncing Dino. “Hyung would be hurt if he fights and I don’t want that.” Dongwoo literally inflated as he stopped bouncing and looked at Howon sadly.

“B-but I want to save every one!” Dongwoo was on the verge of tears and Sungjong was internally panicking. Despite being the second eldest, Dongwoo was the resident cry baby in the group and it usually took a long time to calm him down. Deciding enough is enough and he needed to intervene, he was about to say something but he was stopped by Howon who hugged the Dino.

“And I don’t want anything to happen to hyung. So you should just stay by my side and be my princess, okay?” Howon said, kissing Dongwoo on the cheeks and patting his head comfortingly. Dongwoo retuned the hug and buried his head deeper in Howon’s embrace and reluctantly nodded.

Sungjong released a sigh of relief. He had forgotten that aside from Dongwoo’s parents, Howon was the only one who could calm the other.

“I want to be the bad guy!” the tallest one with huge chubby cheeks – Sungyeol – enthusiastically said and grinned at Sungjong. “Make me super cool and undefeatable okay hyung?” Sungjong laughed and nodded at the kid.

A pair of arms s along Sungyeol’s waist and a head of raven black hair rested on the tall kid’s shoulders, revealing a very handsome face. “If Yeollie wants to be a bad guy then I also want to be one,” The kid – Myungsoo – lazily said, burying his face on the other’s long locks and breathing in the scent of it.

Despite being the youngest, Myungsoo was undoubtly the most handsome of the group and also the weirdest. The kid had a special infatuation with the tall kid; he never left the other’s side- not that Sungyeol was complaining anyway. Sungjong had seen the older look for the younger whenever the other was away from him, so he never really thought too much about it.

“That’s right! And then Myungie and I will take over the world!” the tall one excitedly squealed as he rocked him and Myungsoo side to side in glee, making the dark haired boy smile back at him.

“I just want someone who could sleep wherever he wants hyung,” Sunggyu requested and Sungjong had to laugh at that. Despite being the responsible one, Sunggyu was very lazy and usually just barked orders at the others – which never failed to make the others annoyed sometimes. Even Sungjong himself got annoyed, because the other would occasionally order him too, despite the former being older. 

“And then Woohyunie would wake hyung up with a kiss! So that we can fly together and tour around the world,” Woohyun replied with a wide smile that turned his eyes into crescents. Sunggyu blinked at him in surprise before nodding and releasing a smile of his own, his eyes also turning into crescents.

Sungjong only sighed as he looked at all the kids excitedly chattering about how they are going to the on the story. He couldn’t help the fond smile that broke out of his lips and called again the kids' attention.

“All right everybody. Let’s all go to the library so that you can tell me more about your character and we can make the story okay?” All the kids nodded and enthusiastically ran towards the mini library of the center.

“I see they’re as lively as ever!” the owner laughed and Sungjong nodded at her, releasing a chuckle of his own.

“But that’s fine. I love them best like that anyway," He replied and excused himself, following along the kids towards the library and smiled fondly as they all patiently waited for him.


A/N: Can this be called a cute chapter? Because I’m not really sure… Please tell me what you think~

Oh, and this was not proofread. So sorry for any mistakes that I may have made XD

---
Yeoreobun annyeong! Yay finally after two stories I'm a co-author now hihi i got promoted! Annyeong, I'm rumourhasit12 nice to meet you! Basically I'll be proofreading and editing mayazero noona's story ^_^ so yes this is proofread! Please support noona's stories! 많이 사랑해 주세요! Ps I'm a girl tho but I call people noona jsygk :))